What's new

which websites, news agensices would come under "Accepatble" ??

so indians have said the best "reliable" paper is the Hindu..

can i have some names from Pakistan and Bangaldesh as well??

Rupeenews!! my favourite :rofl::cheers:

But seriously Dawn from Pakistan is really good.

so indians have said the best "reliable" paper is the Hindu..

can i have some names from Pakistan and Bangaldesh as well??

Daily Times and Dawn have the largest english subscriptions (newspapers) - on TV, there is still a lot to be desired - a lot of un-substantiated news is broadcast by the TV channels - personally i prefer Al-Jazeera!

INDIA:

Indian express
The Hindu
Hindustan times

PAKISTAN:

The Dawn
Press Trust of Pakistan

Every news outlet has it's own agenda. So if you are looking for an "acceptable" or "good" source you will likely be cheated.

I always insist on reading conflicting sources and use my own judgment to fig. out which is the most possible scenario. One should also consider generic things like who owns the paper, whom are their allegiance towards, how the 'source' might benefit from the news piece, past record etc. etc. News is a business too, remember?

Rupeenews!! my favourite :rofl::cheers:

But seriously Dawn from Pakistan is really good.

What I like about Dawn is their editorial independence. Any paper that has gotten into trouble with all the governments in the past has to be pretty good.
But I have some problems with it, Jang and Daily times. First of all they often just re-publish AFP or other agency articles.But what I really hate is that like India Times (the website of Times of India) their news stories are often not based on facts, but reports of facts.

For example: New York times will report "Pakistan asked for Joint Strike Fighter. An unnamed military officer in Afghanistan said it might help US in Afghanistan". And then Dawn will report "New York times is reporting that US is considering giving Joint Strike Fighter to Pakistan. They will be used for actions in Afghanistan if delivered". I always go hunt the original story -- look at this thread for a nice example (http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...eline-between-two-countries-3.html#post421287)

That's one reason I like rediff. They may not have editorial independence, but they do have staff on the ground.

This is a specific question for all the members here. In case of a debate going on, almost all the times the link or source is discredited simply because it has been picked up from certain news agencies which the other side does not believe in.

Can we have a sort of agreement so that there is no derailment of the debates?

Are all Muslim reporters un-trustworthy for Indians and are all Hindu writers un trustworthy for Muslims? (Surely thats not the case!!)

Dawn
The News International
Reuters
Any Pakistani udru paper as they sometimes cover stories the English broadsheets miss out
AP
APP
Express Tribune
Time Magazine
The Independent (UK)
Washington Post (US)
BBC
Channel 4 UK
RT
Press TV
Al Jazeera
Wire