What's new

Which country showers the most.

waz

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1662067304184.png

Nothing makes you realize that you're not at home more than when you enter a bathroom in a different country. You suddenly comprehend that not everyone cleans up the same way. A poll conducted in July on how various countries bathe highlights the differences across the globe. Interestingly, Americans' cleaning habits are surprisingly average.

The survey, by market research provider Euromonitor, polled around 6,600 consumers from around the world, asking if they shower, bathe, or sponge-bathe. (The countries: Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Spain, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States.)

The report, “Personal Appearances: Global Consumer Survey Results on Apparel, Beauty and Grooming," shows that Americans take more showers than people in China, Britain, and Japan, but not as many as those in Brazil and Colombia.

When it comes to full immersion in water, people in Indonesia, Japan, and India lead the list of bath takers.

A Euromonitor poll from July found that Americans are fairly average when it comes to hygiene. Among the 16 regions surveyed, Americans attested to showering more frequently than the Chinese, Brits, and Japanese, where respondents said they take about five showers per week, but not nearly as often as people in Brazil and Colombia, where people seemingly sometimes take more than one shower per day.

1662067428957.png

Perhaps the warm climates play a role—though that wouldn't explain the habits of balmy, relatively-infrequently-bathing Turkey and Spain. It's interesting, too, that in most countries people don't shampoo every time they shower. Mexicans and Japanese people come closest to fully sanitizing their hair each time.

In general, the world's women shower more than men. The exception, according to a 2008 study by hygiene-products company SCA, is Sweden, the only country surveyed where men were more likely to shower every day than women were:

1662067461760.png

Apparently, people in India have time to take a full bath every single time they take a shower o_O

I'm sorry, the Indians have once again spoiled a survey with pointless boasting.

I honestly don't mean to be rude - but a country known for defecating outdoors claiming to be a top 10 bathing nation is not credible.

I'm sorry, the Indians have once again spoiled a survey with pointless boasting.

I honestly don't mean to be rude - but a country known for defecating outdoors claiming to be a top 10 bathing nation is not credible.
It is hard to meet a person who doesn't bath daily in India. Just not part of the culture.
Now, if someone doesn't have a home, it's different.

It's extremely hard to believe.
Its historic
for centuries in Europe it was rare to bathe regularly at all. The Romans had followed fairly high standards of hygiene, with oil baths and saunas, but the practice lapsed in the medieval ages. Bathing was seen as uncomfortable – which in cold climates, without warm water, it certainly was – and a dangerous exposure of the body to illnesses.

The plagues that swept Europe in the 17th and 18th centuries reinforced these beliefs with bathing becoming even rarer than before. “The reigning medical authorities remained faithful to the medieval belief that blocked pores, in particular, sealed the body off from infection,” writers Ashenburg. Cleaning was done by changing clothes – the fabric absorbing whatever dirt it could, and then only exposed areas like faces and hands needed cleaning.

Showering satisfaction: The Indians and their 'bucket bath'

You don't really need to shower in Colombia or Brazil, both are rainforest countries, you are having a bath pretty much everytime you step out.

Is sitting on a binda and pouring water with Lota from a Balti(bucket) considered bath or shower?

Alot of factors.

Weather, pollution, dust, people working outdoors, water availability, terrain etc.

This puts me in mind of a story.

When Churchill was accused by a female MP of being 'disgustingly drunk', the Conservative Prime Minister responded: 'My dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.'

So the lesson for sanghis is:
One day, the Muslims of the world will be free from the label of terrorism, but due to a little something called genetics, you'll still be stinky, repulsive, oh and yes, disgustingly ugly.

Apparently, people in India have time to take a full bath every single time they take a shower o_O
I just googled the American definition of bathe. Apparently it means soaking inside a tub of water for a long time.

For Indian people, bathing means using a large bucket of water and pouring it with a smaller bucket on to them while using soap and shampoo in between. It's kind of a hybrid between shower and "bath". Maybe it's a bit too much work for most Americans.

So there is some misunderstanding in the definition of "bath" amongst the survey participants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom