What's new

What next for Pakistan cricket?

fawwaxs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Pakistan Cricket Board has dropped a bombshell: Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan have been banned. While Yousuf and Younis have been banned indefinitely for causing in-fighting, Malik and Naved will only be eligible to play for Pakistan after a year.

Meanwhile, Shahid Afridi’s ball-biting antics have landed him a six-month probation and a three-million-rupee fine. Kamran Akmal and Umar Akmal have also been fined three million and two million rupees, respectively, for their tantrum-throwing and injury-feigning episodes during the Australia tour.

These punitive measures have been taken right before Pakistan is set to defend its World Twenty20 title in the West Indies in April and May.

Dawn.com Forum Blog Archive What next for Pakistan cricket?

I think it would be good, but if people like Faisal Iqbal come to play in the team..then we are going to go downhill like a rocket.

I certainly believe that we should give captaincy to Shahid Afridi and then bring in talented youngsters. There are many in the domestic circuit. Fawad, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Kamran Akmal, Hammad Azam, Babar Azam, etc..what more batting depth you need? Led by Afridi..the team shall be successful and has potential to win the cup. But the time starts NOW.

Don't worry guys. Last time pakistan was in a slump like this, everyone (including me) was expecting them to make a quick exit out of the T20 world cup. Crticism was high after the warm-up loss to India and the first-stage decimation by England. i even saw pakistanis themselves talk of not supporting the weak team after the loss to england, and how the team was a disgrace.

Then the team came back and won the world cup. They showed everyone that keeping faith in yourself even when the world is against you will ensure you prevail. In the words of Rocky Balboa, "It ain't over till its over."

Personally i never felt Yousuf, Younis, Malik or Naved were good T20 players. Maybe its a good thing they arent there. It gives some youngsters a chance to make their mark. Maybe a new Inzi or Waqar will emerge. You never know.

Keep faith in your team.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has dropped a bombshell: Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan have been banned. While Yousuf and Younis have been banned indefinitely for causing in-fighting, Malik and Naved will only be eligible to play for Pakistan after a year.

Meanwhile, Shahid Afridi’s ball-biting antics have landed him a six-month probation and a three-million-rupee fine. Kamran Akmal and Umar Akmal have also been fined three million and two million rupees, respectively, for their tantrum-throwing and injury-feigning episodes during the Australia tour.

These punitive measures have been taken right before Pakistan is set to defend its World Twenty20 title in the West Indies in April and May.

Dawn.com Forum Blog Archive What next for Pakistan cricket?

To be honesrt it was a storm in a teacup.The fact is that Mo Yo and possibly Yunis did not have long to go before retirement. There had been infighting mostly in the time of Yunis over MoYos exclusion from one day squad. Yunis also has tired people out with his" Dukhia Joru" attitude of sitting down in a corner and moping. I peraonally think we need to make administrative changes as well as changes in the team.
As far as administration goes, Butt Saheb 's Butt should be shown the door respectfully and the next chief should be elected according to BCCP charter. All office bearers should be for a term with publicised salary and benefits. the slection team should only be answerable to the public and should publically take an oath on the Quran to not take any sifarishy.
As to the players, it is sad but it seems Shoaib malik had to go. The Akmal Brothers had to be disciplined and the elder one dropped till his performance improves. I would have personally prescribed a good thrashing for the Stupidity personified Afridi.This is the second time he has done this and he needs to learn that it has not been appreciated. i also think he lacks the neurons that a captain should have and think we need to make decisions about captaincy later.
Firstly, player salary should be linked to their performance and team win. Individuals who score runs and take wickets will be paid more than those who dont. If someone scores less than twenty runs(Ave) in three matches, he is asked to sit out(exception obviously being the bowlers) for the next match and prove return of form by scoring in a side match. There should be one tournament which everyone should play and his performance puts him on the radars of the selectors. Once the salary and its relation to performance is sorted, we will have very little issue with performances. Indiscipline of any order should be dealt with according to a code of conduct and the punishment should be harsh. However it should not be publicised.
The third factor is player fitness.All players should be able to run 10 miles in 50 minutes before going on the list for possible selection. those who cant should be shown the door. the last factor is creation of in internal dome where temperature and air pressures, pitches and wind directions can be changed to create situations close to what the players will face.Although a bit expensive it can be done and i think we should do it.
My 2 Apisas worth.
As to the team pakistan will survive and cricket will keep on producing batting and bowling woonders .the trick is t ospot them and be honest with the game.
Araz

apparantly ICC had irrefutable evidence and they asked PCB to take stern action otherwise Pak wld be 'banned' from playing international cricket. in any case, cricket is going the way of hockey, squash, football etc - we will now be hard-pressed to beat the likes of ZIM /WI /BD.

for PAK players its abt money only now

Back
Top Bottom