What's new

What mobile phone you own? How often do you change your smartphone?

How often do you change your phone?

• Less than a year

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Every year

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Every two years

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • More than two years

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Oneplus 5. Returning it.

I used an iPhone 5s for nearly 2 years and a Note 5 for like 18 months until I dropped it and bricked it.

Bought a Oneplus 5 thinking I'll play with it for a couple of years but returning it due to some issues.

Xiaomi Mi5 (Chinese iPhone) for past 2+yrs. and I have to say, it's been a workhorse and sustained an intentional hard slam or two in the wooden floor as well along with many soft landings on hard floors/tarmac. Most abused phone of mine, ever.

Used iPhones (from 2 to 5S) and Galaxy etc before.

Pondering over Nokia 3310 route to simplify life further .. will decide when current one crashes for good. Or maybe another Xiaomi phone as they are reasonably priced for outright purchase hence lower monthly sim-only contract cost.
they were selling Mi5 in price range of £220 to £260 which is very decent price even better than OnePlus . I was looking for this one before getting s7 edge but then this durability test of Mi5 put me off ..

[video]

Strange your Mi5 managed to survive

Oneplus 5. Returning it.

I used an iPhone 5s for nearly 2 years and a Note 5 for like 18 months until I dropped it and bricked it.

Bought a Oneplus 5 thinking I'll play with it for a couple of years but returning it due to some issues.

What issues you had with OnePlus 5?

Asus-Zenfone-2-ZE551ML-32GB-SDL942535120-4-374b3.jpeg

It's been almost a year. Working fine.

they were selling Mi5 in price range of £220 to £260 which is very decent price even better than OnePlus . I was looking for this one before getting s7 edge but then this durability test of Mi5 put me off ..

[video]

Strange your Mi5 managed to survive

What issues you had with OnePlus 5?

Slight jelly effect.

the current iPhone 6s I own is the first smart phone I have had , before that I had a nokia black berry that wasn't so smart , only good for texting , the only web page it can load is google .. which you can use to adjust the phone's clock cause it doesn't have "location services" (gps) like iPhone . it was a nokia e72 to be precise .. I take good care of my iPhone , I in fact have a Korean made "military grade" cover for it , but I actually dropped it once very badly , accidentally of course . at the same time I realize iphones aren't a big deal outside iran and even prostitutes own them .. still I like my iPhone , it must be better than android . the only thing is apple doesn't like iran and using an apple id inside iran is a bit of a hassle , but android is more iran friendly , my dad owns a Samsung android and he can even pay for apps with Iranian bank cards ! such things you cannot do with iPhone

and too much memory is never an overkill ! trust me I bought some iTunes gift cards 3 months of free apple music and not i'm quickly running out of memory , specially with apple that is fixed memory and not upgradable like most androids ..

although I still spend much of my money on PC parts and gaming and never really manage to spend much on the smart phone sector

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Great device. Charge after 1.5 to 2 days of full use. Most of the time phone used for sending or receiving photos or texting/WhatsApp. Very little talking on phone.

I have a Galaxy Edge 7, but I don't really like it. I change phones about once every three years, but I'm contemplating an early switch, though keeping with the Android OS.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Great device. Charge after 1.5 to 2 days of full use. Most of the time phone used for sending or receiving photos or texting/WhatsApp. Very little talking on phone.
i am going to change my phone after 3 years. looking for galaxy S7, Not edge.

I have a Galaxy Edge 7, but I don't really like it. I change phones about once every three years, but I'm contemplating an early switch, though keeping with the Android OS.
I also got bored with S7 edge especially sound quality is average

I am tempting to get this one HTC U11 Excellent camera and best sound experience

htc-u11-colors-1.jpg

but Note 7 is also coming in few months with dual camera set up

I also got bored with S7 edge especially sound quality is average .

I can't honestly say I've ever used the edge screen either, it's a total gimmick. Definitely will second that the sound quality is butt, but for me the biggest issue is that mine overheats after a few minutes of anything other then sitting idle. I don't know if it's defective or not, but I'm not really interested in having to wear oven mitts when I hold my phone:wacko:.

Back
Top Bottom