What's new

What happened to these IFV-Anti tank/anti aircraft vehicle projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DESERT FIGHTER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PIFV =Pakistan Infantry Fighting Vehicle
24v65w9.jpg

1fzb7c.jpg

M-113A2 with twin 106mm RR?
28hicft.jpg

ANZA SAMS and twin barrel 14.5 millimeter gun equipped M113A2
2m6a8et.jpg

I know tht Talha APCs with Anzas,Baktar shikan missiles and the RRs???.... but what about these??

Back after almost a month.:tdown:

Costs, Kickbacks.. and infeasibility. The usual story of development in Pakistan.

Costs, Kickbacks.. and infeasibility. The usual story of development in Pakistan.

not exactly, we are wel aware of operation IFV developed out of APC at HIT. also the APC modified to carry baktar Shikan missile is known and available all around net.
for a new news, we are working on a new anti aricraft gun (with my father part of organization taking part in the manufacturing the new gun) that will be mounted on modified APC.

so yes, the developments are slow and as you said, effected by the Costs, Kickbacks.. and infeasibility. but not sacked.
take my word for this. i am looking forward to get more information about this new gun and will post it soon (off course if allowed by dad ;))

Hey arsalan any news of a new sp gun ??? coz there were talks abt HIT working on one after completing the order of 50 gun barrels... or should i say tanks...

Hey arsalan any news of a new sp gun ??? coz there were talks abt HIT working on one after completing the order of 50 gun barrels... or should i say tanks...

well, i am that much into HIT stuff. (my father is not there as you may have assumed ;) )
however, with an my fathers cousin working in gun barrel factory at HIT, i will surely check with him and try to get some news.
as far as i know from my dad, HIT is a bit cold at the moment, the reason, the one Santro have pointed to. most of the funds are being diverted to he flood relief operations s and WoT. there is nothing much happening there. the AK-II is also a bit off track and slow :sick:

regards!
Arsalan Aslam

PIFV =Pakistan Infantry Fighting Vehicle
24v65w9.jpg

1fzb7c.jpg

M-113A2 with twin 106mm RR?
28hicft.jpg

ANZA SAMS and twin barrel 14.5 millimeter gun equipped M113A2
2m6a8et.jpg

I know tht Talha APCs with Anzas,Baktar shikan missiles and the RRs???.... but what about these??

Back after almost a month.:tdown:

Dunno about this issue but hey Welcome back.:yahoo:

These IFV are currently parked neatly on display at the ARDEC Center at Heavy Industries Taxila awaiting foreign customers, if any that is!

APC (RBS-70) 'Mouz'

Mouz is a Talha based APC Carrying RBS-70 Weapon System along with its crew of 4 persons.
m113-mouz-image01.jpg

Mouz.jpg

regards!

Baktar Shikan 'Maaz'

Maaz is a Talha based APC carrying Baktar Shikan Weapon System along with its crew of 4 persons

normal_PAK_Baktar_Shikan_Malaj_03.png

a very rare picture of MAAZ

regards!
Arsalan Aslam

Pakistan develops APC variants
Joshua Kucera JDW Staff Reporter
Karachi

Pakistan has continued its development of armoured personnel carrier (APC) variants, producing engineering and infantry fighting vehicles for domestic use and potential export.

Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) has mounted the Baktar Shikan anti-tank guided weapon on a modified M113A1 and designated the vehicle 'Maaz'. It will be used by the Pakistan Army's mechanised units while light infantry battalions will continue to use the Baktar Shikan mounted on light utility vehicles.

HIT has modified the shape of the M113A1, extending its nose slightly and adding additional diesel fuel tanks on the back. The company expects good export potential for the Maaz, in particular to countries that already field the Baktar Shikan, said HIT chairman Major General Israr Ahmad Ghumman.

The company has also begun production of the Al Hadeed, a recovery vehicle based on a Talha APC with a crane, 15-tonne hydraulic winch, mill, lathe and other tools to fix and recover vehicles in the field. It weighs 12,521kg and has armour similar to that of the M113P APC, according to company data. The Al Hadeed will probably not be exported.

Gen Ghumman said that Saudi Arabia is keen to acquire the Saad, an APC also based on the M113 that can carry 14 soldiers. Saad has a Ukrainian 3TD 500hp engine and a maximum speed of 75kph. It weighs 13.5 tonnes fully loaded.

HIT has also begun full production of the Al Humza infantry fighting vehicle, Al Qaswa logistics vehicle and Sakb command post vehicle (similar to the US M577 vehicle) for the Pakistan Army. Gen Ghumman declined to say how many the army was procuring.

The Sakb and the Al Khalid and Al Zarrar main battle tanks are all being equipped with the Integrated Battlefield Management System (IBMS), a system to track friendly and enemy positions similar to the US Army's Blue Force Tracking.

The IBMS uses VHF and UHF communications and each vehicle can act as a relay. The integration of the systems is already under way and is scheduled to be finished by December, said Mohsin Rahmatullah, director of business development for the Centre for Advanced Research in Engineering, which developed the IBMS together with HIT. The hardware from the system may be exported, most likely first to the United Arab Emirates, Rahmatullah said.
'HIT's vehicle showcase'

so this shows that the the Al Hamza IFV is in productipn, that is exactly what i have learnt form my source.

This vehicle has been developed with a Chinese one-man turret and 25 mm cannon.
alhamza.jpg

m113-al-hamza-image01.jpg

Pakistan develops APC variants
Joshua Kucera JDW Staff Reporter
Karachi

Pakistan has continued its development of armoured personnel carrier (APC) variants, producing engineering and infantry fighting vehicles for domestic use and potential export.

Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) has mounted the Baktar Shikan anti-tank guided weapon on a modified M113A1 and designated the vehicle 'Maaz'. It will be used by the Pakistan Army's mechanised units while light infantry battalions will continue to use the Baktar Shikan mounted on light utility vehicles.

HIT has modified the shape of the M113A1, extending its nose slightly and adding additional diesel fuel tanks on the back. The company expects good export potential for the Maaz, in particular to countries that already field the Baktar Shikan, said HIT chairman Major General Israr Ahmad Ghumman.

The company has also begun production of the Al Hadeed, a recovery vehicle based on a Talha APC with a crane, 15-tonne hydraulic winch, mill, lathe and other tools to fix and recover vehicles in the field. It weighs 12,521kg and has armour similar to that of the M113P APC, according to company data. The Al Hadeed will probably not be exported.

Gen Ghumman said that Saudi Arabia is keen to acquire the Saad, an APC also based on the M113 that can carry 14 soldiers. Saad has a Ukrainian 3TD 500hp engine and a maximum speed of 75kph. It weighs 13.5 tonnes fully loaded.

HIT has also begun full production of the Al Humza infantry fighting vehicle, Al Qaswa logistics vehicle and Sakb command post vehicle (similar to the US M577 vehicle) for the Pakistan Army. Gen Ghumman declined to say how many the army was procuring.

The Sakb and the Al Khalid and Al Zarrar main battle tanks are all being equipped with the Integrated Battlefield Management System (IBMS), a system to track friendly and enemy positions similar to the US Army's Blue Force Tracking.

The IBMS uses VHF and UHF communications and each vehicle can act as a relay. The integration of the systems is already under way and is scheduled to be finished by December, said Mohsin Rahmatullah, director of business development for the Centre for Advanced Research in Engineering, which developed the IBMS together with HIT. The hardware from the system may be exported, most likely first to the United Arab Emirates, Rahmatullah said.
'HIT's vehicle showcase'

so this shows that the the Al Hamza IFV is in productipn, that is exactly what i have learnt form my source.

This vehicle has been developed with a Chinese one-man turret and 25 mm cannon.
alhamza.jpg

m113-al-hamza-image01.jpg

not exactly, we are wel aware of operation IFV developed out of APC at HIT. also the APC modified to carry baktar Shikan missile is known and available all around net.
for a new news, we are working on a new anti aricraft gun (with my father part of organization taking part in the manufacturing the new gun) that will be mounted on modified APC.

so yes, the developments are slow and as you said, effected by the Costs, Kickbacks.. and infeasibility. but not sacked.
take my word for this. i am looking forward to get more information about this new gun and will post it soon (off course if allowed by dad ;))

SLOWW.. is an understatement...
Take my word for this one.

i was initially mistaken to take this anti aircraft gun is to be mounted n some APC. here are a few details i got my hand onto!

a twin barrel anti aircraft gun is being manufactured by this organization my father is part of.
it is a double barrel 37mm gun being made for Navy. as of now i do not exactly know if it is to be mounted on some ship or is a point defense system for key naval installation on shore.
it might be used on the OHP class frigates as they might not see front line action and are primarily to be used in international anti piracy operation were there is no significant aerial threat.
nonetheless the gun is reported to have a shoot range of around 8 to 9 km. unfortunately it is not something on the high end of technology but still is a military hardware being RnD and manufactured in house.

i will post more details and pics in some relevant thread in naval section.

regards!

Is it in service yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom