What's new

Western propaganda or reality: A question to PDF Iranians about Iran's religious demographics

AUz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Iranian bros,

I wanted to get your insight into something. So recently this new online survey is making rounds on internet where it is claimed that only 40% of Iranians identify as Muslims and 60% are non-Muslims (Atheists, Christians, No Religion, Zoroastrians etc) in 2020

1601765997800.png

https://gamaan.org/english/

Do you guys think it is true? Most other surveys (like WVS, 2020) put Iranian identification with Islam at 90%. This is not talking about practicing Muslims....just talking about those who identify as Muslims (even if they are not conservatively practicing Islam). I looked into the organization (Gamaan) and this organization puts out surveys like these all the time. Last year they put out a survey saying 70% Iranians want secularism, and only 2% wanted Islamic Republic (28% was marked as "other/non"). I looked into who runs this organization---and the main 'researcher' is some Arab professor in Netherlands who isn't very friendly to Iran

1601766292906.png

This is the main author of the reports above. Look at his pinned tweet.

So Iranians living in Iran/in-tune with Iran's social reality---what do you think? Is the survey stating 60% of Iranians being non-Muslim somewhat accurate? Please give your insights (genuinely curious)

@SOHEIL @IranDefence @Philosopher @Hormuz @Sineva @zartosht @mohsen @skyshadow @ all others.

Hi Iranian bros,

I wanted to get your insight into something. So recently this new online survey is making rounds on internet where it is claimed that only 40% of Iranians identify as Muslims and 60% are non-Muslims (Atheists, Christians, No Religion, Zoroastrians etc) in 2020

View attachment 675916

Do you guys think it is true? Most other surveys (like WVS, 2020) put Iranian identification with Islam at 90%. This is not talking about practicing Muslims....just talking about those who identify as Muslims (even if they are not conservatively practicing Islam). I looked into the organization (Gamaan) and this organization puts out surveys like these all the time. Last year they put out a survey saying 70% Iranians want secularism, and only 2% wanted Islamic Republic (28% was marked as "other/non"). I looked into who runs this organization---and the main 'researcher' is some Arab professor in Netherlands who isn't very friendly to Iran

View attachment 675917

So Iranians living in Iran/in-tune with Iran's social reality---what do you think? Is the survey stating 60% of Iranians being non-Muslim somewhat accurate? Please give your insights (genuinely curious)

@SOHEIL @IranDefence @Philosopher @Hormuz @Sineva @zartosht @mohsen @skyshadow @ all others.
Online survey.... :lol: :lol: :lol: How to you verify the respondents are Iranian.

Online survey.... :lol: :lol: :lol: How to you verify the respondents are Iranian.

Well they said they verified the data and worked with "research assistants inside Iran" to make sure the survey was being spread on Instagram, Telegram, Facebook etc inside Iran. Read the methodology, they explain it. Wonder if 50k Iranians actually responded to the survey or they are just making stuff up lol

Hi Iranian bros,

View attachment 675916

View attachment 675917

i will put it at 90% muslim then 80% of them shi'ite , Iran is not like other countries we will not surrender under pressure so i will say no those numbers on the charts are absolutely ridiculous.

Well they said they verified the data and worked with "research assistants inside Iran" to make sure the survey was being spread on Instagram, Telegram, Facebook etc inside Iran. Read the methodology, they explain it. Wonder if 50k Iranians actually responded to the survey or they are just making stuff up lol
Vast majority of Iranians living abroad are Athiests. So it won't be surprising if same is the case with locals still only 32 % identifying themselves as Muslims is big fat lie. In case of Sunnis even most liberal kind calls themselves as Muslims, although hardly any action of theirs is that of a Muslim.

Surveys collect sensitive information without the responders knowing the end objective. ...Foreign intelligence agencies use survey data to plan their approach toward their objectives....someone is fishing so avoid responding. Let them use the Arab guys data..serves them right..lol

Atheism is rising fast in Iran, specially among young people.

Just go to the US and Canada, and ask the Iranians what religion they subscribe to... What do you think will be the case in Iran from these findings?

It’s the same with us Afghans, the only group of people who I see to be actually religious en masse are Pakistanis, and Somalians/African Muslims.

Hi Iranian bros,

View attachment 675916

View attachment 675917

Let's make it simple, this gamaan institute is controlled by NED and NED is financed by US and CIA.

so when US regime wants to order some fake statistics, they refer to institutes like these, this way they don't need to answer for making lies.

Few months ago, conservatives won the absolute majority in Iran's Parliament, but ask CIA, they would say refer to our statistics, Iranians support regime change!

Have a look at Iranian media before the revolution and you would conclude that 90% of Iranians are atheists, yet they created the sole theocratic government in the world.

Hi Iranian bros,

View attachment 675916

View attachment 675917

From scientific point of view, their statistics have no value of any sort too, cause they use snow ball sampling technique, and obviously their target society will be close to the owners of this institute who are famous for being anti-Iran and anti-Islam.

For example, based on their statistics 96% of the people who voted to Rouhani didn't belive in Islamic Republic at all!

Vast majority of Iranians living abroad are Athiests. So it won't be surprising if same is the case with locals still only 32 % identifying themselves as Muslims is big fat lie. In case of Sunnis even most liberal kind calls themselves as Muslims, although hardly any action of theirs is that of a Muslim.
Iran has many non muslims like Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians however they don't have proper recognition that's why their percentage is always displayed around 2 to 3%.

It's like most of the middle eastern muslim countries. In Algeria, Morocco etc their are many Christians but they are persecuted and cannot make churches. Another best example is the Druze and Yazidi community who don't have official recognition in middle east when they lived in that region even before Islam.

But on the opposite side you muslims have hell lot of demands when you migrate to Europe and not meeting your demands means Europe and America are sons of Satan.

Let's make it simple, this gamaan institute is controlled by NED and NED is financed by US and CIA.

so when US regime wants to order some fake statistics, they refer to institutes like these, this way they don't need to answer for making lies.

Few months ago, conservatives won the absolute majority in Iran's Parliament, but ask CIA, they would say refer to our statistics, Iranians support regime change!

Have a look at Iranian media before the revolution and you would conclude that 90% of Iranians are atheists, yet they created the sole theocratic government in the world.

Thanks for the posts. Btw what is NED? Could you expand upon that?

And as mentioned in my OP---these Gamaan guys are insanely anti-IR. They released a "survey" that stated only 2.2% Iranians support Islamic government and they also 'surveyed' that Gen. Qaseem Soleimani's popularity in Iran was at 3.5% :lol: :lol:

Iran has many non muslims like Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians however they don't have proper recognition that's why their percentage is always displayed around 2 to 3%.

It's like most of the middle eastern muslim countries. In Algeria, Morocco etc their are many Christians but they are persecuted and cannot make churches. Another best example is the Druze and Yazidi community who don't have official recognition in middle east when they lived in that region even before Islam.

But on the opposite side you muslims have hell lot of demands when you migrate to Europe and not meeting your demands means Europe and America are sons of Satan.
Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians can practice their religions freely in Iran, beside their common representatives in Parliament, they vote to an extra representative for their religion in our Parliament too, this post-revolution law was made to make sure their voice can be heard in society.

their population is clear and documented, so don't talk about something which you have no idea about, it's not our fault that an uneducated Indian compares the suppression of religions in his country with Iran.

Islam is the will of God and more important and above all the other so called religions

Hence it's important the values and principles are preserved and implemented everywhere

Thanks for the posts. Btw what is NED? Could you expand upon that?

And as mentioned in my OP---these Gamaan guys are insanely anti-IR. They released a "survey" that stated only 2.2% Iranians support Islamic government and they also 'surveyed' that Gen. Qaseem Soleimani's popularity in Iran was at 3.5% :lol: :lol:
National Endowment for Democracy (NED) in other words Coups branch of CIA

Back
Top Bottom