What's new

Western Marine inks deal for building 110m luxurious cruise linear

Mattrixx

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Chittagong, 28 January 2013: Western Marine signed agreement with KR Shipping Ltd. for newbuilding of two highly luxurious cruise ship. The agreement was signed by Western Marine Managing Director Sakhawat Hossain & Managing Director of KR Shipping ABM Ruhul Amin Howlader on behalf of their respective organization on 23 January 2013.

This is for the first time cruise ship with all facilities of a 5 star hotel facilities will be introduced in the route of Dhaka to Barisal & Barisal to Potuakhali. They will travel at a maximum speed of 16 knots which will only take 7 seven hours to reach Potuakhali from Dhaka via Barisal. These ships will be 5 storied connected with elevators & escalators. It will have a total of 151 cabins including Presidential Suit, Semi-Presidential Suit, Star Executive Cabin & Executive Cabin. It will also have 1500 geared seats which could be unfolded to sleeping berths. Moreover among other facilities there will be swimming pool, helipad for emergency helicopter landing, hospital, business centre, ATM booths, 3 luxury restaurants, kids’ playing zone, prayer room & many more.

These ships will be having the carrying capacity of 1800 passengers. They will be 110M long & 18M broad, and only due to their unique design made by METACENTRE they will require a loaded draft of only 2M. 70 crew members will be required to operate the ship. These ships will be built under class & Western Marine Shipyard will initiate its construction soonest. Western Marine signed this newbuilding agreement with the buyer at a cost of more than BDT100cr each. This is the first time a local shipyard will be building such luxurious cruise ship. Western Marine has proven its proficiency in the past by delivering numerous ice class merchant ships to European buyers. Next month they tend to deliver a 50M car ferry & one 4100 DWT MPC ship to European buyer.

http://http://www.wms.com.bd/WMShL/news-events/280113-001.php

Actually its good news for general people too they will enjoy a cruise luxury in their own country.

Over all the country's image will be better. To become a developed country, we must also look like one.

Over all the country's image will be better. To become a developed country, we must also look like one.

Actually I meant that luxury will be enjoyed by our people.
Its a local company which buying the ships. It will move through Dhaka-Borishal-potuakhali route.

it is a good news even though i dont need to go to potukhali or barisal i will still want to try it

Actually I meant that luxury will be enjoyed by our people.
Its a local company which buying the ships. It will move through Dhaka-Borishal-potuakhali route.

I was adding some more stuffs to that. :p

Bangladesh needs to make our ship building industry a multi-billion dollar one and also use the engineering expertise acquired in the sub-fields of ship building in other manufacturing and electronics sectors.

We are on the right track.

People of Barishal will enjoy 5 start service... give me a break.. LOL

This sounds interesting. I might take this cruise newt time I visit Dhaka if it is available.

:smitten:These 5 star cruises are badass. Hope they can make it as good as the ones in the west.

Inshallah we will be one of the top 5 shipbuilders in the world.But first we should replace the age old laucnhes that sink and kill people before every Eid!

I everytime hear these kind of news during the bonna season

they should deploy a cruise ship to the northern part of bangladesh like nilphamari. the place is quite remote so the ships can help to increase connectivity towards the northern part of bangladesh

Back
Top Bottom