What's new

Western ghats

As long as nobody blows my fuse..I will display pristine, impeccable vocabulary.

Absolutely beautiful
2qbhgmw.jpg

Are you Sure?

It seems it is the Mumbai-Pune Expressway or the Route to Mahabaleshwar:blink:

Nope its a hillstation called Ponmudi.. near trivandrum..

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

As long as nobody blows my fuse..I will display pristine, impeccable vocabulary.

Ok we will be care full with ur fuse.. if anything happens we will switch off main switch so that ur vocabulary stays intact.

i live in coorg:smitten:
ill post some pictures when im free..:yahoo:

New species of frogs found in Western Ghats

08tvkzRaorchestes_a_746822g.jpg

Raorchestes agasthyaensis. The frog was named after Agasthyamalai Biosphere Reserve, the locality from where the amphibian was discovered.

08tvkz_Raorchestes__746823g.jpg

Raorchestes crustai. The name is derived from the Latin term ‘crusta’ meaning ‘bark’ which refers to the microhabitat preference of this canopy frog.

08tvkz_Raorchestes__746824g.jpg

Raorchestes johnceei. This amphian is named after late Prof. John C. Jacob, who was popularly known as ‘Johncee.’

08tvkz-Raorchestes__746825g.jpg

Raorchestes kadalarensis. This frog was named after the locality Kadalar, its habitat.

08tvkz_Raorchestes__746826g.jpg

Raorchestes manohari. Named after T. M. Manoharan, Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Kerala.

08tvkz_Raorchestes__746827g.jpg

Raorchestes ravii. This was named in the memory of the late Ravi Chandran, an enthusiastic nature lover from Wayanad, who first found out the species and was a companion in many field expeditions of the research team.

08tvkz_Raorchestes__746828g.jpg

Raorchestes theuerkaufi. This was named after Wolfgang Theuerkauf, an ardent naturalist and botanist, Director of Gurukula Botanical Garden, Periya, Wayanad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom