What's new

We're not selling obsolete Fighter Jets to India with a dead shelf life: Lockheed

This deal was on the cards with the old administration, now Trump is here , forget about any transfer of facility or tech. India will have to buy made in US jets.

This deal was on the cards with the old administration, now Trump is here , forget about any transfer of facility or tech. India will have to buy made in US jets.

TRUMP will embrace Modi and india on a even highter level than Obama and the democrats.

AS FOR F16in the Indians are very cautious and without FULL TRANSFER of the whole plant to india the LOCKHEED group will not get india to buy the block 70 .

India wants the manufacturing know how and technology more THEN the Plane

India should grab the deal with hands, otherwise, more F-16s will be handed over to Pakistan via second and third countries (if not directly) especially now that the Republicans are in power.

India should grab the deal with hands, otherwise, more F-16s will be handed over to Pakistan via second and third countries (if not directly) especially now that the Republicans are in power.

PAF acquiring 8 or 10 of these 30 year old USED F16 from countrires scrapping these planes because they deem them obsolete

upload_2016-11-10_22-3-18.png

IS NOT THE SAME AS spending $20 billion on

Lockheed moving its entire PLANT to India to build 200 NEW generation F16/70 whoch are 3 decades newer in engines airframe radara and weapons

F-16IN.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-10_22-4-14.png
    upload_2016-11-10_22-4-14.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 14
TRUMP will embrace Modi and india on a even highter level than Obama and the democrats.

AS FOR F16in the Indians are very cautious and without FULL TRANSFER of the whole plant to india the LOCKHEED group will not get india to buy the block 70 .

India wants the manufacturing know how and technology more THEN the Plane

Not in the manner Obama has, Trump is very cautious of all this. So far he has said we will be friends, but he says that about many including Putin lol.
The transfer side looks highly unlikely, as Trump will see that as intellectual property, and still economically beneficial. Jobs and assembly lines seem like pure wishful thinking. His entire platform is built on "made in America" and keep everything in the US.

Not in the manner Obama has, Trump is very cautious of all this. So far he has said we will be friends, but he says that about many including Putin lol.
The transfer side looks highly unlikely, as Trump will see that as intellectual property, and still economically beneficial. Jobs and assembly lines seem like pure wishful thinking. His entire platform is built on "made in America" and keep everything in the US.

Good Shout Waz

Never thought about the JOBS front ...

If that's the case THEN I see modi AND parriikar telling IAF top Brass you get another 36 rafale ie 72 planes in total and will have to induct 120 Mk1 & mk1a Tejas

HAS I see it

its

Option 1 Kill Tejas AND buy 200 F16 from USA witjh TOT and full manufacture in india

OR

Double rafale Fleet & induct Tejas

Good Shout Waz

If that's the case THEN I see modi AND parriikar telling IAF top Brass you get another 36 rafale ie 72 planes in total and will have to induct 120 Mk1 & mk1a Tejas

HAS I see it

its

Option 1 Kill Tejas AND buy 200 F16 from USA witjh TOT and full manufacture in india

OR

Thanks.

I personally think the IAF has a lot more to gain with the Teja program and will supplement the numbers with the Rafale. Thats still a potent force.

it wont happen without TOT then for f-16 as the anti Bharat administration ( khangress and her subsidiaries ) was thrown out in 2014 in Bharat .

As an Indian I don't want to c any US orgin fighter flying in tricolour, so if trum denial of tech leads to the cancellation of iaf love with 16 I will support trump.

Good Shout Waz

HAS I see it

its

OR

This is going to be the realty.

Buy more than 200 F16 from USA with full TOT and MII.

AND

More than 150 Rafale

AND

Around 300 SU 30 MKI upgraded

AND

More than 90 PAKFA

AND

More than 100 Tejas MK1. Our indigenous versions on all the three types of fighter planes mentioned above.

I do not understand how people believe that Tejas will be scrapped. When printing of currency notes has been localised how our GOI is going to leave Flying Aces in the hands of foreigners. In fact, Tejas will be developed further with knowledge we gain from operating other fighters based on latest technology.

Other nation fighters are like the ornaments while Tejas is our body and soul. The number of fighter planes required for a two and multi front war is much greater and considering the dwindling number of our aircrafts makes a perfect sense to go for latest heavy fighters, latest single engine fighters and fifth gen fighters. There will be a indegenious program running across all the three types of fighter planes.

Thinklogically

You list of fighters is completely unaffordable ,,,,,,,,,,

I think there's a good possibility that IAF might go for 200+ F-16s as Trump is here. It's not that IAF might not go for JAS-39 in small numbers.

Rafale was a good decision... we are such a larger Defence market that our decisions can make or break destinies of arms manufacturers .. We should deliberately chose the underdog to get more Technology transfer.

No one is making everything at one place . New featured F16 is the best way to go for mass induction just look at the pic in OP . Think what these F16 can do to enemy's formation if 200-250 inducted . India is not Pakistan . We have Su30 and Rafale . These F16 will add massive additions
the devil is in the details. If the IAF can acquire 300 F-16s at $50 million unit cost with some ToT it is cheaper than other alternatives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom