What's new

Welcome Home, Pervez Musharraf The Great Leader Of Pakistan

He is also making statements in media that I did not help in the abduction of DR.AFIA ..... He vigorously defends the lal masjid operation saying the destruction of mosque and the children in there were not present and it was full of only terrorist whereas the 18 crore awam denies this.....

So what were weapons and gas mask doing there?

Lal Masjid should be completely razed to ground and a public car park built over there..

Zero Tolerance for out of control religious nutjobs..state should control religion!

He is also making statements in media that I did not help in the abduction of DR.AFIA ..... He vigorously defends the lal masjid operation saying the destruction of mosque and the children in there were not present and it was full of only terrorist whereas the 18 crore awam denies this.....

Musharraf is doing his best to make himself look good but all he is doing is making himself look even more bad. He stands no chance against imran khan and nawaz shareef ... heck he couldnt even beat abdul qadeer in elections.

So if women and children died, where are their parents/family members and why are they not opening individual cases by the hundreds as people here and elsewhere are claiming the number killed to be significant? Do you think someone is pressuring them to not open cases out of favour to Musharraf?

Aafia Siddiqui was arrested from Afghanistan. Honestly, I do not know enough about the case, but neither does the general public. My sympathies are with her, but I cannot blame anyone either just because I do not know how she got to Afghanistan and how she got captured there. Anyone else who goes along with the emotional rants needs to check facts first.

As far as changing ones image, it does not take a long time for people to do so in Pakistan. Zardari, despite being known as Mr. 100% is the President of the Country and the leader of the PPP. Nawaz Sharif, despite embezzling millions through Ittefaq factories has been the PM of Pakistan twice. Imran Khan with a ton of very personal baggage is a born again Muslim and ready to lead Pakistan. So why can't Musharraf recast himself?

Agreed. If I had met him overseas when he was in UAE or London, I would have told him to stay put. Yet its his calling so I respect him for this. Pakistan cannot be sorted out by one or two leaders and this is the biggest "ghalat fahmi" in the minds of our public. They have been waiting for this one great leader who will sort it all out and it just does not work this way. A little bit of good from one needs to be picked up and continued by others. Unfortunately in Pakistan, the politics are so poisonous that with every new government, there is a complete reset of policies and priorities.............

I agree that the correct advice would have been for Gen Musharraf to stay put. What I wonder about is the advice upon which he concluded that returning to participate in an electoral process where he does not have the might of his previous office behind him would be a fruitful course of action.

I agree that the correct advice would have been for Gen Musharraf to stay put. What I wonder about is the advice upon which he concluded that returning to participate in an electoral process where he does not have the might of his previous office behind him would be a fruitful course of action.

Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

President Pervez Musharraf is a strategist. He's thinking long-term, Pakistan in 2018.

My assumption is that Pakistan Armed Forces' long term strategy envisions former military men doing democratic politics in Pakistan. Reason being for this is that coup d'état popularity usually fizzles out after around 3-4 years due to public becoming impatient. The transition at the beginning and at the end of each military-rule has been quite traumatic each time for Pakistan.

Here's what I mean, General Elections 2008. Allahu Alam.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

PAKISTAN DECIDES: 75 retired military officers contesting polls
Tuesday, December 25, 2007

By Qamar Jabbar

LAHORE: As many as 75 retired military officers are taking part in the general elections for the national and provincial assemblies. Of the total, 28 retired military officers are contesting for the National Assembly, while 47 are contesting for provincial assemblies.

The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has issued party tickets to four retired officers for National Assembly seats and to 16 others for provincial assembly seats.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) has fielded five officers for the National Assembly and nine officers for provincial assemblies.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has nominated two retired officers for the National Assembly and seven for provincial assemblies. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) fielded only one retired officer for the National Assembly.

For the National Assembly, 16 retired officers are contesting elections as independent candidates, while 15 others are contesting for provincial assemblies, according to the final list of candidates issued by the Election Commission.

The names of retired officers contesting elections are:
PPP: Brig (r) Tariq Fateh Muhammad (NA-100), Maj (r) Zulfiqar Ali Gondal (NA-109), Lt Col (r) Sultan Sikandar Ghumman (NA-112), Col (r) Nisar Ahmad Khan (NA-137), Col (r) Shabbir Awan (PP-2), Brig (r) Muhammad Hussain Awan (PP-4), Col (r) Sultan Surkhru Khan (PP-23), Col (r) Anwar Afridi (PP-26), Maj (r) Faiz Ahmad Faiz (PP-27), Maj (r) Abdul Rehman Rana (PP-53), Maj (r) Abdul Basit (PP-60), Maj (r) Moeen Nawaz Warraich (PP-109), Maj Tariq Yousaf Rajput (PP-121), Maj (r) Bashir Arshad Joya (PP-156), Col (r) Tariq (PP-161), Maj (r) Ejaz Shahid (PP-192), Capt (r) Izaat Javed Khan (PP-211), Col (r) Naveed Sajid (PP-287), Maj (r) Zaffar Azam Khan (PS-20) and Maj (r) Latifullah Khan (PF-65).

PML-Q: Lt Col (r) Muhammad Anwar (NA-58), Lieutenant Col (r) Ghulam Rasul Sahi (NA-75), Maj (r) Habibullah Warraich (NA-129), Brig (r) Zulfikar Hamad Dhillon (NA-131), Brig (r) Javaid Hassan (NA-145), Col (r) Malik Muhammad Anwar (PP-18), Maj (r) Asghar Hayat Kalyar (PP-37), Brig (r) Javed Akram (PP-87), Maj (r) Ehsan Elahi Chaudhry (PP-119), Col (r) Muhammad Abbas (PP-134) Lt Col (r) Shujaat Ahmad Khan (PP-136), Maj (r) Peer Ijaz Ahmad (PP-181), Maj (r) Pir Ijaz Ahmad (PP-182) and Maj (r) Khalil Akhtar (PP-191).

PML-N: Lt Gen (r) Sayed Sallahuddin Tirmizi (NA-20), Col (r) Mian Akram (NA-106), Col (r) Sultan Surkhru (PP-23), Capt (r) Abdul Khaliq Khar (PP-255), Capt (r) Jehangir Zaman (PF-9), Col (r) Sultan Surkhru Awan (PP-23), Lt Col (r) Sardar Muhammad Ayyub Khan (PP-87) and Col (r) Rafaqat Ali Rana (PP-236).

MQM: Maj (r) Habibur Rehman Mayo (NA-138).

Independents: Lt Col (r) Abdul Ghaffar Javed (NA-18), Lt Col (r) Inamullah (NA-26), Col (r) Raja Javed Mujtaba (NA-107), Maj (r) Rana Abdul Ghaffar Khan (NA-127), Maj (r) Javed Nasarullah (NA-132, PP-165), Maj (r) Sardar Zulfiqar Hussain (NA-136), Wing Commander (r) Muhammad Nawaz Asim (NA-158), Capt (r) Chaudhry Muhammad Asad Iqbal (NA-159), Lt Col (r) Sayed Karim Haider (NA-183), Major (r) Sayed Tanveer Hussain (NA-193), Capt (r) Haleem Ahmad Siddiqui (NA-239), Col (r) Abdul Jabbar Abbasi (NA-253), Brig (r) Umair Ahmad Siddiqui (NA-255), Lt Gen (r) Abdul Qadir (NA-259), Maj (r) Amir Aziz Kurd (NA-267) and Lt Gen (r) Abdul Qadir (NA-271).

Independent candidates for provincial assembly seats are:
Lt Gen (r) Muhammad Yousaf (PB-2), Col (r) Muhammad Yousaf Changizi (PB-6), Capt (r) Abdul Khaliq Khan Achakzai (PB-11), Lt Gen (r) Abdul Qadir (PB-46), Maj (r) Bashir Ahmad Khattak (PF-15), Col (r) Abdul Jabbar Abbasi (PS-101), Brig (r) Mahmood Hussain Azad (PP-27), Maj (r) Sirbuland Ali Khan (PP-37), Maj (r) Muhammad Akram (PP-60), Lt Col (r) Ghazanfar Abbas Shah (PP-78), Col (r) Muhammad Safdar Mahmood (PP-86), Lt Col (r) Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry (PP-112), Lt Col (r) Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry (PP-115), Maj (r) Zulfiqar Ali Gondal (PP-118) and Maj (r) Rana Abdul Ghaffar Khan (PP-176).

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

............As many as 75 retired military officers are taking part in the general elections for the national and provincial assemblies. Of the total, 28 retired military officers are contesting for the National Assembly, while 47 are contesting for provincial assemblies.[/COLOR][/B]

The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has issued party tickets to four retired officers for National Assembly seats and to 16 others for provincial assembly seats.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) has fielded five officers for the National Assembly and nine officers for provincial assemblies.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has nominated two retired officers for the National Assembly and seven for provincial assemblies. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) fielded only one retired officer for the National Assembly.

For the National Assembly, 16 retired officers are contesting elections as independent candidates, while 15 others are contesting for provincial assemblies, according to the final list of candidates issued by the Election Commission..............

I don't agree.

Of these 75 who contested, how many ex-military men were elected? And what good did they do that changed the government for the better from 2007 onwards? Of the ones who were elected, how many owed their success to the same old feudal and major party system?

Gen Musharraf is in this game for something else entirely. I am not sure what it is precisely, but it must have something to do with appeasing an oversized ego in some measure, not that is a bad thing by itself.

I don't agree.

Of these 75 who contested, how many ex-military men were elected? And what good did they do that changed the government for the better from 2007 onwards? Of the ones who were elected, how many owed their success to the same old feudal and major party system?

Gen Musharraf is in this game for something else entirely. I am not sure what it is precisely, but it must have something to do with appeasing an oversized ego in some measure, not that is a bad thing by itself.

Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

Nonsense.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

f the short term economic benifits are important to you along with image improvement of the country.. then Musharraf should take your vote.

If the country's sovereignty is important along with protecting the rights of citizens, then the views about him will be different.

That is the case of all parties in the world for all countries.

Every party has its own benefits and drawbacks.

However, there needs to be an overall goal - the same goal. Which Pakistanis always lack hence fall behind.

Priorities need to be in order like Iran has or any other western country. And these need to be enforced by someone else senior than the President i.e. an Ayatollah since Pakistan doesnt have a royal family.

So what were weapons and gas mask doing there?

Lal Masjid should be completely razed to ground and a public car park built over there..

Zero Tolerance for out of control religious nutjobs..state should control religion!

Telling it to me wont help. i am talking about general public. in their view this is what has happened whether it happened or not is not the debate... its what those voters think and this is what those voters think... he can shout all he wants the local people believe something else. Plus like it or not he is blamed for lal masjid and kargil event and even the kidnapping of afia saddigue. Second problem is he is not the only choice... like i said he would win by a landslide if his opponent was only zardari but with nawaz sharif,imran khan and even qadeer. He has less then a zero chance of winning.

So if women and children died, where are their parents/family members and why are they not opening individual cases by the hundreds as people here and elsewhere are claiming the number killed to be significant? Do you think someone is pressuring them to not open cases out of favour to Musharraf?

Aafia Siddiqui was arrested from Afghanistan. Honestly, I do not know enough about the case, but neither does the general public. My sympathies are with her, but I cannot blame anyone either just because I do not know how she got to Afghanistan and how she got captured there. Anyone else who goes along with the emotional rants needs to check facts first.

Again the general public thinks otherwise and rather then solving the problem he is making it worse. all these things are soo speckled and tainted there is barely any truth to be found. For musharraf the problem is that people dont like him at all. These bad times have not turned the people towards him but towards PML N PTI and even qadeer.... he does not posses the support. He does not have the strength and his coming at this point is not with him but against him. His media outbursts are working against him. the general public do not like this guy....

Apni Jaan Bachna Farz Hai...(This is in Islam)

very inconclusive statement... I would like to elaborate....

- You have to struggle to survive and help others survive.. but not bring harm upon your self, deliberately and while doing nothing.

Unfortunately, there exist a phenomena in society, i.e. lying is halal in certain circumstances.
Actually, lying is very un-Islamic, under all circumstances. e.g.

Lying, to save your life is considered shirk in Islam. lying to please some one is also considered shirk in Islam, lying to deceive some one is considered (tricking Allah) deceiving your self and lying about some thing you don't believe is called munafiqat.

What is considered as lie is another story, but I hope it is a bit clear... how simple things can be misunderstood if stated inconclusively.

Even though I'll never forgive Musharraf for getting flattened by a single punch from that bald scoundrel known as Richard Armitage, he was still better than the crooks that had ruled Pakistan for the past five years, 'democracy is the best revenge [against the.people of Pakistan, that is]'.

If PPP is again planning to get sympathy votes, please hang Zardari.

Sahaba Karaam (RA) used shield to protect themselves. i think it will make clear statement for justification for musharraf sb. but few people wants to make him emotionally anger so terrorist can hit him easily.
ALLAH musharraf ki hifazaat karay.

Back
Top Bottom