What's new

Wedding dispute leads to beheadings in India

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wedding dispute leads to beheadings in India

From Harmeet Shah Singh
CNN

NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- At least eight people were killed and their mutilated bodies thrown into a river after a meeting to resolve two families' dispute over a secret wedding in eastern India, police said Wednesday.

Fifteen people have been charged with the killings, although no one is in police custody, in the Bhagalpur district of the Bihar state, Police Superintendent Gopal Prasad told CNN.

According to the police, the killings took place during a meeting between the bride and groom's families and their supporters.

Press Trust of India reported that the eight killed were members of rival gangs that had been called in by the bride and groom's families to settle the dispute over their elopement last month.

"The meeting was called by the girl's family on the pretext of settling the dispute. Instead, they attacked the other side and killed eight of them," Prasad said.

Police found eight bodies, four of them beheaded and others mutilated, in a river Tuesday. PTI reported that two others are believed to have been killed, as well.

No arrests have been made so far. Prasad said the suspects, all from the bride's side, are being sought.

The couple eloped in January against the wishes of their families, police said.

Wedding dispute leads to beheadings in India - CNN.com

Woah man that is way out of line I am sure it is a one off very very rare seriously very very rare but even then I am sure the secular free independant state of India would do better justice to these people.

Family Members Beheaded In India

Revenge Killing Men and women are still murdered across the villages of eastern and northern India for daring to marry outside their caste.

Eight members of a man's poverty-ridden family were shot and beheaded before their bodies were thrown into a river in eastern India after he secretly married a wealthy girl, police said on Wednesday.
Police in the eastern state of Bihar found the eight bodies floating in a river and have charged 15 people, mostly from the girl's family, with the murders.

The weekend killing took place after 21-year-old Ratan Mandal eloped with 18-year-old Kanchan Kumari and got married secretly, afraid their families would never approve due to an old social rivalry.

"The girl's family invited the boy's family for a meeting on the pretext of settling the dispute, but killed all eight and beheaded them," said Raghunath Prasad Singh, a senior police officer from Bhagalpur, where the incident took place.

Bhagalpur, one of India's most lawless regions, has been notorious for revenge and honour killings.

Men and women are still murdered across the villages of eastern and northern India for daring to marry outside their caste.

In May last year, a young couple was murdered by the girl's family in northern India for marrying within the same village, considered taboo in many communities.

Family Members Beheaded In India Revenge Killing - World - Javno

Woah man that is way out of line I am sure it is a one off very very rare seriously very very rare but even then I am sure the secular free independant state of India would do better justice to these people.

This is one of many examples of Indian terrorism.

Pakistan also had to unfortunately take such bad news when women were burried alive in Baluchistan and this is purely due to lack of education.

It happens Everywhere and the main cause behind such Incidents is the "absence of Light of Education"]. Just go to Baluchistan and see what kind of Family problems are there and how they Solve it in a Very Barbaric way.

I think its more than just lack of education. Bhagalpur district is famous for such weird things. Every year something bizarre occurs here.

There is something seriously wrong with the place.

I think its more than just lack of education. Bhagalpur district is famous for such weird things. Every year something bizarre occurs here.

There is something seriously wrong with the place.

Does Bhagal not mean crazy?

Back
Top Bottom