What's new

We were being slowly killed by our own people

Your theory on communism has no basis in fact. Kerala has also been ruled by Communists, yet it is one of the most socially progressive states. In fact, i would go as far as to say that Kerala is the best state in our country. Bengal's decline has to do with Jyoti Basu and the perennial problem among Bengali's to blame everything except themselves, rather than Communism.

I wonder if North Koreans, Russians, Cubans, Venezuelans, East Germans have the same characteristic as Bengali's, in fact with their flawed characters Bengali's did rather well in past. Communism as an ideal is too monolithic for multi-layered, multi-ethnic civilizations, that in hands of incompetent people can be necessarily evil, no offense to Mr. Marx and Angles. I have one Keralite working in my team, both exiled from their homeland, his view of these so-called communists strangely totally coincide with mine.

You think not being religiously oriented and polarized is a weakness?

I'm sure he didn't mean this, if you use your acumen rather than to argue for the sake of arguing you'd understand that communists misused the social structure of Bengal, and they have whatsoever no contribution towards Bengalis not being religious oriented.

I have lived in quite a few states. Yes there are a few common things across political parties in various degrees. But communist are the only efficient cadre based party which is more powerful than government.
No one can beat them in the ruthless demolition of education system, Deindustrialisation, Information supression and anti-nationalist agenda.

If you are interested, you may look into the development of other states, many of which has much less natural resources and less skilled manpower (%) than Bengal like Tamil Nadu, Maharastra, Gujrat, Karnataka, Punjab, Haryana, much portion of Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, etc.

try living in vietnam, a country with comparable GDP/capita as all of india and a population about the size of west bengal.

is west bengal doing better, or vietnam as a country? both are ruled by communist parties.

btw the Soviet Union was one of the greatest nations on earth, the Russian Empire was the laughing stock of Europe for a time. So... your pick.

India is a hotch potch of totally unrelated polupations

Thats the beauty of India buddy..calling it the subcontinent is not without its reasons.
1465.gif

couple that with the fact that now there is huge economic disparity between the poor and the rich and its not hard to see why the most impovrished regions are up in arms against this 'india'

For a country of billion ppl and that too a democracy the development cannot come in a single night.it will take time..but in the end everythings gonna be okay.
Even this Maoism is a blessing in disguise.The govt wich till now was oblivious to these development issues is finally waking up.
Once these ppl get a taste of development u will be amazed at the speed with wich Maoism dis appears.

Back
Top Bottom