‘We Don’t Call It Annexation,’ Kazakh Leader Says of Crimea

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Dec. 4, 2019

Kazakhstan doesn’t believe that Russia annexed the Crimean Peninsula from Ukraine in 2014, its new leader said in an interview with Germany’s Deutsche Welle news outlet publishedWednesday.

Kazakh President Kassym Jomart-Tokayev appeared to tamp down concerns that, given northern Kazakhstan’s sizable ethnic Russian minority similar to Crimea’s, the Kremlin could seize parts of its territory. Moscow does not appear to be fanning separatist sentiment in Kazakhstan, though it has worked to keep the ex-Soviet republic in its sphere of influence.

“First, we don’t call what happened in Crimea annexation. What happened happened. Annexation is too heavy a word to apply to Crimea,” Tokayev said.

“Second, there was no fear” that Russia could annex parts of northern Kazakhstan, Tokayev said in the interview.

The ex-Soviet republic has “absolutely trusting, good-neighborly relations with Russia,” said Tokayev, who succeeded veteran Kazakh leader Nursultan Nazarbayev earlier this year.

“From the start, we believed in the wisdom and decency of the Russian leadership,” he said.

Moscow maintains that Crimea reunited with Russia after a referendum on the Black Sea peninsula. Most of the international community does not recognize the 2014 referendum, and Western countries have imposed economic sanctions on Russia over its annexation.

Kazakhstan’s foreign ministry said in 2014 that it had “understanding” of Russia’s position and that Crimeans exercised a “free expression of the[ir] will” in the vote.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019...nnexation-kazakh-leader-says-of-crimea-a68473

Dec. 4, 2019

Kazakhstan doesn’t believe that Russia annexed the Crimean Peninsula from Ukraine in 2014, its new leader said in an interview with Germany’s Deutsche Welle news outlet publishedWednesday.

Kazakh President Kassym Jomart-Tokayev appeared to tamp down concerns that, given northern Kazakhstan’s sizable ethnic Russian minority similar to Crimea’s, the Kremlin could seize parts of its territory. Moscow does not appear to be fanning separatist sentiment in Kazakhstan, though it has worked to keep the ex-Soviet republic in its sphere of influence.

“First, we don’t call what happened in Crimea annexation. What happened happened. Annexation is too heavy a word to apply to Crimea,” Tokayev said.

“Second, there was no fear” that Russia could annex parts of northern Kazakhstan, Tokayev said in the interview.

The ex-Soviet republic has “absolutely trusting, good-neighborly relations with Russia,” said Tokayev, who succeeded veteran Kazakh leader Nursultan Nazarbayev earlier this year.

“From the start, we believed in the wisdom and decency of the Russian leadership,” he said.

Moscow maintains that Crimea reunited with Russia after a referendum on the Black Sea peninsula. Most of the international community does not recognize the 2014 referendum, and Western countries have imposed economic sanctions on Russia over its annexation.

Kazakhstan’s foreign ministry said in 2014 that it had “understanding” of Russia’s position and that Crimeans exercised a “free expression of the[ir] will” in the vote.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019...nnexation-kazakh-leader-says-of-crimea-a68473

It was reunification not annexation. Vast majority of people in Crimea voted to be part of Russia. But undemocratic nazi terrorists from Washington hate democracy and hate freedom. That's why US nazi terrorists sanctioned Crimea.

Vast majority of people in Crimea voted to be part of Russia.

:D things are not working like this in real world.
Once you gave it to Ukraine, it's Ukr's land. This is not a fvcking book you give and take back when you want.
You can annex it by force but still you need to face circumtances. A country's soveregnity is not open for election.
This is the silliest thing I heard. If this is the case Russia will be the one will hurt the most since they stole every single nation's land in Mid. and Far Asia by force and killed millions starting from Chechenia, Abhazia (former Georgian land), Tatarstan, Circassia, Dagestan, Yakutistan Xtan, Ystan ..... list is long.
Think about every nation in Russian Federation holds free elections for independence or switching country and... Just answer this simple question;

Would Russia allow it?

Once you gave it to Ukraine, it's Ukr's land. This is not a fvcking book you give and take back when you want.
You can annex it by force but still you need to face circumtances. A country's soveregnity is not open for election.
This is the silliest thing I heard. If this is the case Russia will be the one will hurt the most since they stole every single nation's land in Mid. and Far Asia by force and killed millions starting from Chechenia, Abhazia (former Georgian land), Tatarstan, Circassia, Dagestan, Yakutistan Xtan, Ystan ..... list is long.
Think about every nation in Russian Federation holds free elections for independence or switching country and... Just answer this simple question;

Would Russia allow it?

What about Kosovo ? It was Serbian land.

Would Russia allow it?
You live in the Greek and Armenian lands, your own capital is former Constantinople. You have Northern Cyprus Turkish republic. It is not you who will tell people of Crimea what to do.
If some crazy Nazi's sponsored by the West will size power in Moscow and start to scream "Kill all non-Russians" - then nations of Russia will have choice to obey West or to gain sovereignty as Crimea did.

Would Russia allow it?
Don't try to pick a fight with Kazakhstan, you've got enough enemies.

You live in the Greek and Armenian lands, your own capital is former Constantinople. You have Northern Cyprus Turkish republic. It is not you who will tell people of Crimea what to do.
If some crazy Nazi's sponsored by the West will size power in Moscow and start to scream "Kill all non-Russians" - then nations of Russia will have choice to obey West or to gain sovereignty as Crimea did.

Russians live in the Greek land of Crimea. That is Byzantine Greek land. The Tatars are Byzantines. Why persecute those Greeks who built this:

1553256075_262-900x604.jpg

1.6287976.2105224114.jpg

Netanyahu loves Putin so much that Putin was used to re-elect Netanyahu.

EAjKTMXW4AAnPp4-e1564306206168.jpg

You USE traitors like Putin, even the Russians should be smart enough that there is no difference between Putin and bush, obama, clinton and trump. Each is a faction of zionists, for there is no freedom with zionism, only puppetry and slavery. Putin is a puppeteer and a puppet master of the putin-bots.

China has real freedom. Which is why the zionists want to weaken China.

Then what is Putin, the faction that is supposedly opposed to the zionist globalists. And who are the zionist globalists, the faction of zionists allied with China's rise. The Clinton globalists gave thousands of secrets to China, and they know Putin is an enemy of globalists.

Putin and trumps Russian mafia connections is a faction that hates China.

But why does Putin have miltiary exercises with China. For the same reason they are close to Iran. Putin is there to be the handler of the free Muslims, like Iran. But Iran and Netanyahu are sworn enemies, exactly, proving that Putin's masters are in Hell Aviv.

Such is the condition of zionist geopolitics.

You use Putin, for Putin is the zionist faction that is supposed to aid the free world, such as China. But is still a zionist puppet.

Dude, we are living in 21st century. It's not middle age where you take your army and go to conquer lands. Empires are collapsed. Borders are drawn, agreements are signed. It's all finished. If Crimea was not a "disputed" land, which is not, you can't annex it like you play computer game after all world recognized it Ukr's land. You need to deal with it. You can't expect all the world to look other side when Russia grabs another country's land.

your own capital is former Constantinople.

Turkey's capital is Ankara, not İstanbul.

Sorry, didn't understand? But since you seem like supportive about it maybe East Turkistan should also vote independence? :D

Dude, we are living in 21st century. It's not middle age where you take your army and go to conquer lands. Empires are collapsed. Borders are drawn, agreements are signed. It's all finished. If Crimea was not a "disputed" land, which is not, you can't annex it like you play computer game after all world recognized it Ukr's land. You need to deal with it.
Borders are changing every time - like in Yugoslavia. It is Russian land now. You need to deal with it and the whole world too.
I do not care about what world thinks. From history I know that so called "world" emmidietly recognized all parts of Russian Empire gained their 100% illegal "independence" and all states from 100% illegal USSR dissolution. But, suddenly - they can not recognize 100% legal reunification of Crimea with Russia. What a surprise.

Last edited:
Borders are changing every time - like in Yugoslavia. It is Russian land now. You need to deal with it and the whole world too.
I do not care about what world thinks. From history I know that so called "world" emmidietly recognized all parts of Russian Empire gained their 100% illegal "independence" and all states from 100% illegal USSR dissolution. But, suddenly - they can not recognize 100% legal reunification of Crimea with Russia. What a surprise.

Dissolution of Yugoslavia and Soviets was the last big border changes. It's was a chain reaction of lots of combined events, mostly political. I assume you know them thus annexing Crimea and Yugoslavia can't be compared. I want to hear from you how "reunification" is %100 legal. I mean what's the legality criteria? Kind of agreement like UK handed over Hong-Kong to China?

Sorry, didn't understand? But since you seem like supportive about it maybe East Turkistan should also vote independence? :D
Maybe we can call Turkey " western Xinjiang" or " western Kurdistan". I m only saying dont try to make everyone your enemy, Kazakhstan means no harm to you, why picking a fight with it?

Maybe we can call Turkey " western Xinjiang" or " western Kurdistan". I m only saying dont try to make everyone your enemy, Kazakhstan means no harm to you, why picking a fight with it?

I didn't even mention Kazakhstan .. You on drugs? :D

I didn't even mention Kazakhstan .. You on drugs? :D
My comment you quoted was about Kazakhstan and this thread is about Kazakhstan and Russia, why are you so worked up over sth which doesnt concern you.

We all should know no matter what happens Kazakhstan will be always with Russia, they speak Russian and adopted Russian names, They are more Russians than Kazakhs. No one can make them to switch camps, we Chinese always know that.

Would Russia allow it?
Maybe they should learn from you by allowing the Greeks and Armenians and Kurds to have pieces of Anatolia:-)

We have proverb in Arabic about them it says when the whore start lecturing people on honor:D

They bark at Russia and Greece and how they invaded Macedonian or Albanian lands yet they themselves living on stolen lands.:rofl:

Just imagine if the white Americans who live on red indian land ask the white Australians and white South Africans to move to Europe and leave the land for the indigenous people:lol:

If I was in these Turks shoes I wouldn’t open my mouth and bark :-)

Maybe they should learn from you by allowing the Greeks and Armenians and Kurds to have pieces of Anatolia:-)

We have proverb in Arabic about them it says when the whore start lecturing people on honor:D

They bark at Russia and Greece and how they invaded Macedonian or Albanian lands yet they themselves living on stolen lands.:rofl:

Just imagine if the white Americans who live on red indian land ask the white Australians and white South Africans to move to Europe and leave the land for the indigenous people:lol:

If I was in these Turks shoes I wouldn’t open my mouth and bark :-)

If Turkey wasn't against, Iraqi Kurdistan was now an independent country, and your imcompetent army couldn't do a jack about it. You should be thankful us to keep your country in one piece instead of opening your shitty mouth which reminds me our proverb, don't shjt where you eat.

P.S.: Filling your post with smiley emojis doesn't make it funny or smart post ":)"

My comment you quoted was about Kazakhstan and this thread is about Kazakhstan and Russia

Seriously :facepalm: ... I comment on two guys Piotr and vostok. You just jumped out of nowhere with "Don't try to pick a fight with Kazakhstan, you've got enough enemies." comment. I didn't even mentioned Kazakhstan. :doublefacepalm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom