What's new

Wake up, America! You’re falling behind

China has a grand history of secular governance. Unlike the US, which claims to secularism, but which its highest political candidates must be CHRISTIAN to have any chance of election.

China has a grand history of secular governance. Unlike the US, which claims to secularism, but which its highest political candidates must be CHRISTIAN to have any chance of election.

What do you think of his claim of the racially based "physical and educational" inferiority of Chinese, and how HIGHLY AUTOMATED MACHINE TOOLS need to be "resized" for the "inferior" Asian stature? :lol:

I say the dragon is breathing close behind the U.S. neck. lol

What do you think of his claim of the racially based "physical and educational" inferiority of Chinese, and how HIGHLY AUTOMATED MACHINE TOOLS need to be "resized" for the "inferior" Asian stature? :lol:
The laugh is on you, pup...

http://cla.hilearning.hinet.net/upload/periodical/12c71592efb00000ba43.pdf
In the semiconductor industry, machinery/tools are commonly imported from western countries, the designative weight and height of the machinery/tools may not fit Asian workers.
The authors of this work related injuries studies are: Su-Hsing Lee, Perng-Jy Tsai, and Yu-Tsia Lin. Would someone confirm if these names are of Anglo-Saxon origins? :lol:

Does it say that the tools were RESIZED? Looks like they just hire taller people.
Give it up. This is just another instance, in many, of where YOU are proven wrong and ended up with eggs on your face. You are still in school under daddy's money, never had a real job, and never served in the military. Stick with cheap insults and stop intruding into adults things.

Give it up. This is just another instance, in many, of where YOU are proven wrong and ended up with eggs on your face. You are still in school under daddy's money, never had a real job, and never served in the military. Stick with cheap insults and stop intruding into adults things.

I really don't understand your physical limitation for semiconductor mfg analogy. Taiwan, South Korea and Japan don't have these physical limitations and they are acknowledged leaders. Applied Materials is full of these Chinese workers.

I really don't understand your physical limitation for semiconductor mfg analogy. Taiwan, South Korea and Japan don't have these physical limitations and they are acknowledged leaders. Applied Materials is full of these Chinese workers.
It was not meant to be any sort of 'analogy'. It was meant to show that I know what I am talking about. And finally that the idea that the US is 'behind' in manufacturing is absurd when we take productivity per worker into consideration. Manpower cost is higher in Europe than it is for the US and in China we run into problems such as clean electricity, water, technology, and assorted ergonomic issues. Worst of all in China is corruption. When I was with Micron, the company's PR naturally did not say anything about it but everyone I know who went to China and return had the same story: that Chinese officials were corrupt to the core. Million$$$ were spent on greasing palms to ensure prompt shipments of industrial UPS, liquid nitrogen (LN2), construction materials, etc...From Party officials down on to the local trucking company. To be competitive with our South Koreans and Japanese competitors, we had to swallow those costs and shut up about them.

It was not meant to be any sort of 'analogy'. It was meant to show that I know what I am talking about. And finally that the idea that the US is 'behind' in manufacturing is absurd when we take productivity per worker into consideration. Manpower cost is higher in Europe than it is for the US and in China we run into problems such as clean electricity, water, technology, and assorted ergonomic issues. Worst of all in China is corruption. When I was with Micron, the company's PR naturally did not say anything about it but everyone I know who went to China and return had the same story: that Chinese officials were corrupt to the core. Million$$$ were spent on greasing palms to ensure prompt shipments of industrial UPS, liquid nitrogen (LN2), construction materials, etc...From Party officials down on to the local trucking company. To be competitive with our South Koreans and Japanese competitors, we had to swallow those costs and shut up about them.

Yes, it is unfortunate that corruption is in China. It is also unfortunate that America itself is also plagued with corruption, especially in the defense sector. Does it not appear obvious why only 10% of the US citizen owns over 80%+ of the total American wealth and leaving less than 20% left for the remainder 90% of the US population? Does it not appear obvious as to why the US defense budget is so much larger than anywhere else in the word? 'Corruption' is the very word that we are looking for here. Everyone I know of who went to America and return told similar stories: that American officials were corrupt to the core.

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

Major Government, Military Corruption
Trillions Missing at Defense Department

"'According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions,' Rumsfeld admitted. $2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America."
-- CBS News, 1/29/02, U.S. Secretary of Defense raises evidence of government, military corruption

"A GAO report found Defense inventory systems so lax that the U.S. Army lost track of 56 airplanes, 32 tanks, and 36 Javelin missile command launch-units. When military leaders were scrambling to find enough chemical and biological warfare suits to protect U.S. troops, the department was caught selling these suits as surplus on the Internet 'for pennies on the dollar.'"
-- San Francisco Chronicle, 5/18/03

"The Defense Department spent an estimated $100 million for airline tickets that were not used over a six-year period and failed to seek refunds even though the tickets were reimbursable."
-- New York Times, 6/9/04

One of the most stunning underreported stories in the media is the well-established fact that at the very least hundreds of billions of dollars (if not trillions) are missing from the accounts of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld himself admitted that $2.3 trillion may be missing. Why hasn't this astounding evidence of major government and military corruption been broadcast in headline news around the world? Why isn't anyone talking about it now?

Government, Military Corruption

Yes, it is unfortunate that corruption is in China. It is also unfortunate that America itself is also plagued with corruption, especially in the defense sector. Does it not appear obvious why only 10% of the US citizen owns over 80%+ of the total American wealth and leaving less than 20% left for the remainder 90% of the US population?
In a dictatorship like China, wealth is even more concentrated in the top, especially when we take in political capital, meaning political offices and will that determine who will become wealthy and who will remain poor.

Does it not appear obvious as to why the US defense budget is so much larger than anywhere else in the word?
Do not care. The US defense budget is barely %5 of the GDP. Using absolute dollar figure is dishonest. If I make %10 more in annual salary than my neighbor, it mean I can afford a larger home, or a better car, or to send my children to a better school. No different than a country's defense budget. Of course, if China was not so foolish to implement communist economic principles, we would not have this discussion in the first place.

'Corruption' is the very word that we are looking for here. Everyone I know of who went to America and return told similar stories: that American officials were corrupt to the core.
You know zilch about corruption in either countries. Try to bribe a cop in the US and you will go to jail whereas we had to bribe the police chief himself in China to get our LN2 on time.

In a dictatorship like China, wealth is even more concentrated in the top, especially when we take in political capital, meaning political offices and will that determine who will become wealthy and who will remain poor..

Under the FED dictatorship, no wonder the US is so concentrated in the top you mean?

Do not care. The US defense budget is barely %5 of the GDP. Using absolute dollar figure is dishonest. If I make %10 more in annual salary than my neighbor, it mean I can afford a larger home, or a better car, or to send my children to a better school. No different than a country's defense budget. Of course, if China was not so foolish to implement communist economic principles, we would not have this discussion in the first place..

You do not have to care, neither does it change the fact that the 'blown out of proportion' US defense was due to heavy corruption.

You know zilch about corruption in either countries. Try to bribe a cop in the US and you will go to jail whereas we had to bribe the police chief himself in China to get our LN2 on time.

A person with no idea about corruption claiming that others know zilch about corruption in other countries? now that is the best joke of the century. Well I guess people can thank the 'free media' for this.
To compare corruption of county state level to the corruption of the military and government is absurd. I guess we can all rubbish away your claims just like how you try to rubbish away the 5% GDP bit.

Pentagon budget is the result of corruption

Last edited by a moderator:
The US is still formidable power in the world, but there are some big problems with them:
1. American average IQ is considerably lower than East Asian people, but US living standards are higher. This is not sustainable in the increasingly knowledge-based and connected world, not resource-based as before.
2. Education quality is considerably poorer than East Asian countries. Even in the poorest parts of China, pupils have average score of OECD countries, Shanghai pupils even toppled the PISA test this year. Although US still retain some world top-notch universities, but I think this is the momentum issue.
3. The arrogant and complacent attitude of US people appear to be very strong. That prevent them from learning from more advanced countries.
4. China story is not hyped at all. It is real. It is now the world’s biggest manufacturer, the biggest exporter, the biggest creditor; it is the biggest trading partner of the EU and Japan and the second biggest of the US (after Canada) and virtually all emerging countries, except some. It has a powerful modern military, it can shoot down american satellites, it has a top tier space program, it leads the world in Green Technology, it’s students dominate international academic competitions, it’s cities are the most modern (and China are now almost 50% urbanized. Even in some of their village, the quality of life is comparable to the West), it has the fastest supercomputer, the fastest trains, the biggest dams, the best infrastructure etc etc.
5. China invest more wisely in the future (green tech, high-tech railways, while US still think in the past.
6. The R&D investment of China is gaining fruits. 2 among top 5 companies with most international patent filling in 2010 are from China. The US has only 1. They are surely not copiers. They are creating new techs.

I just stated the truth, which every one can find from reliable sources.

The US is still formidable power in the world, but there are some big problems with them:
1. American average IQ is considerably lower than East Asian people, but US living standards are higher. This is not sustainable in the increasingly knowledge-based and connected world, not resource-based as before.

2. Education quality is considerably poorer than East Asian countries. Even in the poorest parts of China, pupils have average score of OECD countries, Shanghai pupils even toppled the PISA test this year. Although US still retain some world top-notch universities, but I think this is the momentum issue.

3. The arrogant and complacent attitude of US people appear to be very strong. That prevent them from learning from more advanced countries.

4. China story is not hyped at all. It is real. It is now the world’s biggest manufacturer, the biggest exporter, the biggest creditor; it is the biggest trading partner of the EU and Japan and the second biggest of the US (after Canada) and virtually all emerging countries, except some. It has a powerful modern military, it can shoot down american satellites, it has a top tier space program, it leads the world in Green Technology, it’s students dominate international academic competitions, it’s cities are the most modern (and China are now almost 50% urbanized. Even in some of their village, the quality of life is comparable to the West), it has the fastest supercomputer, the fastest trains, the biggest dams, the best infrastructure etc etc.

5. China invest more wisely in the future (green tech, high-tech railways, while US still think in the past.

6. The R&D investment of China is gaining fruits. 2 among top 5 companies with most international patent filling in 2010 are from China. The US has only 1. They are surely not copiers. They are creating new techs.

Does it matter? Surely it is Chinese propaganda and it is not real right? America's economy is over twice the size of China's so surely what we see in todays China is only a fraction of America right? When America is so far ahead why bother caring about China right? America has everything good that China has and is continuing to better China no?

Its insane to compare China and USA. USA is a developed country who will remain superpower for next half a decade at least. it sounds good to hear a new superpower will replace USA but thats not gonna happen in this century as west is trying hard to overestimate Asian countries because a single visit in both these countries can tell that they are world apart . Asian needs to work more and talk less (applicable to all) to earn the status they want.

Back
Top Bottom