What's new

WAITING FOR SHAHBAZ TASEER

It is worrysome that in the day these animals can kidnap our people and run off. We should take action against terrorists and criminals alike. We should develop a solid policy to target militant commanders and people who abduct innocents for ransom.

we care, as much as we do for marginalised communities and the general public that is the victim of such crimes and terrorism.
he is suffering because of his father without a fault of his own so least he deserves is a lip service "care" we offer for other unknown victims

So we are supposed to care more for this guy because his father was a great humanitarian?

I have asked this several times and received no reply.

What was Salman Taseer's record of public service to help the poor, the downtrodden, the marginalized (you know, 99.9999999% of Pakistan's unwashed masses)?

if son of a rich daddy can be so ruthlessly abducted in broad day light, what hope do we have for the poor mans son?

Not buying it for one microsecond.

If you care for the poor people, care for the poor people directly.

Don't try to sell this horse manure that you care for this over-hyped rich kid because, in reality, you care about, uh, poor people.

The rumourville in Lahore is suggesting otherwise why he was kidnapped. The silence from the Taseer family does lay more credence to this rumour.

Mate, would you let us in on the rumor? Away from Lahore, therefore out of touch with all the spicy gossip..... :D

The rumourville in Lahore is suggesting otherwise why he was kidnapped. The silence from the Taseer family does lay more credence to this rumour.

Shakk ka koi ilaaj nahin hai....... :P

Not buying it for one microsecond.

So we are supposed to care more for this guy because his father was a great humanitarian?

I have asked this several times and received no reply.

as said earlier "as much as for for all the victims from marginalised communities and the general public... nothing more nothing less

the league of the bleeding hearts sells names.

they will bleed hearts for that alleged terrorist Dr Afiya while justifying the killing of female students, teachers, nurses and doctors by TTP

yet another league of bleeding hearts will protest the killings of some famous/ secular personalities at the hands of taliban but will exhibit complete silence over the excesses of American war machinery

===

where do I stand? I express myself without taking sides and just from the humanitarian stand point so on almost all such occasions I get "thanks" from one camp and hate from the other camp and on the other instance the haters are thanking. but I am consistent.

story short.
this boy is the son of a slain governor, this just cant be helped , he will get the reference of his father and the resulting "sympathy" or hate that brings.

as far as Soleman Taseer's humanitarian contribution is concerned I dont know much, but I do know he was famous among the women and liked his drinks, that aside .. he took a stand for someone and paid with his life and I am sure his Creator wont ignore that.

Very astute of you sir, I didn't see that one coming! :D

Do you mean sir that he will be used to force the family to accept blood money and free mumtaz qadri?

What he actually wants is that we name ONE politician, who actually feels and cares about the masses selflessly..... what we need to be doing is, ask him to name one, anywhere in the subcontinent. Once he does that, I'll go drown myself..... :hang2:

as said earlier "as much as for for all the victims from marginalised communities and the general public... nothing more nothing less

Mate, would you let us in on the rumor? Away from Lahore, therefore out of touch with all the spicy gossip..... :D

The Taseer family is heavily in debt, everyone knows about that as they are over leveraged in a lot of non performing businesses. They started a joint venture with a very influential drug lord from FATAville, when the venture went South the Taseer's refused to honour their commitments. He kidnapped Shahbaz as retribution, not just a coincidence that he was kidnapped by scary guys in Land Cruisers and his sports car, laptop and other valuables were not taken. Its similar to Gilani's sons kidnapping, he was kidnapped by a business partner of Gilani.

Do you mean sir that he will be used to force the family to accept blood money and free mumtaz qadri?

Not at all

as far as Soleman Taseer's humanitarian contribution is concerned I dont know much, but I do know he was famous among the women and liked his drinks, that aside .. he took a stand for someone and paid with his life and I am sure his Creator wont ignore that.

That's my quandary.

As much as I oppose the abuse of the blasphemy laws and agree with Salman Taseer's comments, I have to put them in the context of his life. Was he a lifelong champion of the downtrodden, or an elitist snob who looked down his nose at the common people, and made his comments only because it was the fashionable thing to do in the elitist circles?

Without a lifelong record of humanitarian work, I can't decide, which makes his son's kidnapping nothing special. Thousands of rich kids get kidnapped. And thousands more poor kids.

If that's the case, then it's sop in tribal culture to abduct a person till the money borrowed has been paid back, and I personally think it's justified as well. Basically what it means then is, it's a win win for both Taseer Jr & Gillani Jr. They won't be harmed at all, and both stand to gain political mileage out of it....

I do wonder of-course, if that's not ALL OF it......

The Taseer family is heavily in debt, everyone knows about that as they are over leveraged in a lot of non performing businesses. They started a joint venture with a very influential drug lord from FATAville, when the venture went South the Taseer's refused to honour their commitments. He kidnapped Shahbaz as retribution, not just a coincidence that he was kidnapped by scary guys in Land Cruisers and his sports car, laptop and other valuables were not taken. Its similar to Gilani's sons kidnapping, he was kidnapped by a business partner of Gilani.

Not at all

Very astute of you sir, I didn't see that one coming! :D

I spent years on PDF sir, I know my conspiracy theories.

HOWEVER, we will find out one day, won't we? Either the day Qadri is hanged or the day Taseer is found, I hope alive, whichever is earlier.

That's my quandary.

As much as I oppose the abuse of the blasphemy laws and agree with Salman Taseer's comments, I have to put them in the context of his life.

no one deserved to die like he did
I am not making a moral judgement here. that something with my Lord to do and decide.

yes his sons kidnapping is nothing special but his son didnt chose his father he was born to him.
my concern was what if Shabaz is kidnapped by the same group of Blasphemy fanatics who advocated and celebrated his murder? but now I am being told that it was the work of Taseer's business partners so i hope they show some business sense and trade him for something instead of hacking him to pieces.

Back
Top Bottom