What's new

Voilence against women in india: a bitter truth

datalibdaz

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The latest available statistics compiled by the home ministry's National Crime Records Bureau show that between 1953 and 2011, the incidence of rape rose by 873 per cent, or three times faster than all cognisable crimes put together, and three-and-a-half times faster than murder.

In India [ Images ], a woman is raped every 22 minutes, and a bride burnt for dowry every 58 minutes. The police last year registered 42,968 cases of molestation of women -- a figure that's about 80 percent higher than the number of rapes. The number of crimes recorded against women, including sexual harassment, cruelty by the husband or his relatives, kidnapping or abduction, and human trafficking, exceeds 2,61,000.

Separate numbers are not available for that South Asia barbarian speciality called acid attacks, which disfigure a woman for life as a punishment for rejecting a man's love or, more usually, lust. Nor does the NCRB go into the harassment faced by women for not bearing a son.

The gangster-style grievous assault on the young woman outside a bar in Guwahati is a particularly obnoxious instance of sexual violence. The allegation that a journalist instigated youths to strip her so a TV channel could scoop the story and play it to a voyeuristic audience is now all but established. This further aggravates matters. At any rate, many of those present continued to shoot the incident on their phone cameras for many minutes, ignoring a public-spirited citizen's pleas.

The police's failure to respond in time to distress calls from the bar owner is a shameful but familiar part of the story, as is their trivialisation of the incident and lethargy in arresting all the molesters. Even more deplorable is the manner in which the victim's identity was disclosed by the media, by a member of the National Commission for Women, and worse, the Chief Minister's Office -- against all elementary ethical norms.
Even worse, a Unicef report this year on adolescents finds that not just 57 per cent of Indian males but also 53 per cent of females in the 15-19 age-group believe that wife beating is justified. (Even in Bangladesh, only 41 percent of females justify wife beating.) Such acceptance and sanctification of domestic violence does not speak of a civilised society.

Girls under ten being have been raped while on their way to use a public toilet, say women living in Delhi’s slums. In one slum, boys hid in toilet cubicles at night waiting to rape those who entered. These are some of the incidents mentioned in a recent briefing note [1] based on research supported by WaterAid and the DFID-funded SHARE (Sanitation and Hygiene Applied Research for Equity).
The link between a lack of access to water and sanitation facilities and sexual violence against women is not well known and to date has received insufficient attention. The briefing note highlights this link within the context of urban slums in Delhi, and suggests how this problem can be addressed.

Violence against women: Blame prejudices, NOT the victim - Rediff.com India News
India, Delhi: how sexual violence against women is linked to water and sanitation | WASH news Asia & Pacific

Girls under ten being have been raped while on their way to use a public toilet, say women living in Delhi’s slums. In one slum, boys hid in toilet cubicles at night waiting to rape those who entered. These are some of the incidents mentioned in a recent briefing note

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...t-women-india-bitter-truth.html#ixzz21AOQiBGX

Its such a shame that Indians are ignoring the basic needs of life and especially women of india has to suffer so much just for toilets..

Guys this is about India don't bring it to Pakistan as a revenge....if someone wants to turn blind eye on their problem which is also similar, let it be.....

The OP wants to show dark side of India, read it but don't comment on it.....let this thread die and someone crosses line, PM it to the moderator....only weapon you have is more number of PMs to weed out this or you will end up with infractions as you post in retaliation.

Guys this is about India don't bring it to Pakistan as a revenge....if someone wants to turn blind eye on their problem which is also similar, let it be.....

The OP wants to show dark side of India, read it but don't comment on it.....let this thread die and someone crosses line, PM it to the moderator....only weapon you have is more number of PMs to weed out this or you will end up with infractions as you post in retaliation.
thanks buddy i delete my comment.

You are rite its about India..Not Pakistan.
The second part did i post the news from my self or what??? Didnt i provide the sources..Its on the web every body can read it.
You should comment in positive way just like other threads goin on problems in Pakistan, But you seem to enjoy those threads..???dont you?

Seems like you didnt read what your fellow indian KRAIT said..
Anyways as the title says it is a bitter truth..Try to digest it...

Pakistani's need not have to open this type of revenge threads an embaress themselves because every action has equal and opposite reaction..

This is a defence forum. We can talk about how certain Indian defence project failed. But lets stay with military and defence related matters about India.

This is a defence forum. We can talk about how certain Indian defence project failed. But lets stay with military and defence related matters about India.

world affair! the classification is correct!

Surely you can, but then tell possible solution too and try not to repeat same things over and over again, all regular Indian posters now about it, so does other nationals.

Naari tum kewal shradha ho-Jayashankar Prasad

Yeh aaj samajh to paayi hoon
main durbalata mein nari hooN
Avyav ki sundar komalta,
lekar main sabse haari hooN

Now I've come to know -
I am a woman of weakness.
My soft beauty of winds
Makes me lose to everyone.

Par mann bhi kyoN,
itna dheela apne hi hota jaata hai
Ghanshyam khand si aankhon mein
Kyon sehsa jal bhar aata hai?

But why does my heart
Itself grows so tender?
And why do my dusky eyes
Well up suddenly with tears?

Sarvasva samarpan karne main,
vishvas mahataru-chaya meiN
Chupchap padi rehni ki kyoN,
mamta jagti hai maya meiN?

To lose myself fully,
To trust the shades of a tall tree,
To lie down there silently,
Why do my longings grow in the web of love?

Nari! Tum keval shraddha ho,
Vishwas-rajat-nag-pal-tal meiN,
Piyush srot si baha karo,
Jeevan ki sundar samtal meiN

Woman, you are love incarnated
Under the silver mountain of faith.
Keep on flowing like a river of nectar
On the beautiful bed of life.

As the report says itself that

a Unicef report this year on adolescents finds that not just 57 per cent of Indian males but also 53 per cent of females in the 15-19 age-group believe that wife beating is justified. (Even in Bangladesh, only 41 percent of females justify wife beating.) Such acceptance and sanctification of domestic violence does not speak of a civilised society.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...t-women-india-bitter-truth.html#ixzz21Fvrt9MT

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom