What's new

VinFast to open headquarters in Germany, France, Netherlands

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
VinFast to open headquarters in Germany, France, Netherlands hinh anh 1

VinFast's EV models introduced at 2022 Paris Motor Show (Photo: VNA)

The three headquarters of VinFast in Germany, France, and the Netherlands are located in Frankfurt, Paris, and Amsterdam. Opening a VinFast headquarters in each market is designed to provide an optimal level of service to each customer, driven by an in-depth understanding of each country’s nuanced requirements.

I wish this company the best of luck, but their marketing and media approach in the US is totally off base and immature.

No one knows about VINfast in the US Luxury vehicle market. They are trying to sell a fifty thousand dollar vehicle on zero media exposure and zero credibility. Recipe for disaster.

It took Lexus the reputation of Toyota reliability and fifty years to make a luxury brand from a reliable economy brand, Toyota.

Infiniti, Acura and even Hyundai's Genesis are having a really hard time to sell cars and they all have regular products (as opposed to luxury) for the last twenty years at least. Mazda and Mitsubishi did not even try luxury branding.

Selling luxury cars in the US is not like selling biscuits/cookies. You need pedigree, technical finesse and tons of other factors for the market to buy your product.

Just setting up factories and expecting US buyers to line up and buy VINFAST cars will not happen.

Just immature strategy in my opinion.

Let's see what happens.

I wish this company the best of luck, but their marketing and media approach in the US is totally off base and immature.

No one knows about VINfast in the US Luxury vehicle market. They are trying to sell a fifty thousand dollar vehicle on zero media exposure and zero credibility. Recipe for disaster.

It took Lexus the reputation of Toyota reliability and fifty years to make a luxury brand from a reliable economy brand, Toyota.

Infiniti, Acura and even Hyundai's Genesis are having a really hard time to sell cars and they all have regular products (as opposed to luxury) for the last twenty years at least. Mazda and Mitsubishi did not even try luxury branding.

Selling luxury cars in the US is not like selling biscuits/cookies. You need pedigree, technical finesse and tons of other factors for the market to buy your product.

Just setting up factories and expecting US buyers to line up and buy VINFAST cars will not happen.

Let's see what happens.
This is the big issue.
I guess we vietnamese need to create a viral campaign and hire a lot of Youtubers to do the marketing.

Nowadays a good product isn't enough, they also need a good shilling campaign.

Let's see what happens.
But but @Viet will think Vietnam is superpowa and american will buy it.

Vinfast shall come out this slogan " If u hate China and want to destroy China, buy a vinfast! " :enjoy:

I think this slogan may help vinfast win some fans in USA. :lol:

Vinfast shall come out this slogan " If u hate China and want to destroy China, buy a vinfast! " :enjoy:

Yes why buy chinese cars? you hate the west, you support russia imperialism.

Well I have nothing against Viet folks, but this VinFast outfit is headed for some really bad circumstances.

Bad decisions all around and rank amateurs have been hired to run the outfit, at least on the US side.

Being Vietnamese is not a qualification for being the CEO for running a company selling cars to the US buyers. You need industry savvy skills, business chops and be a part of the big boys' club running US auto industry.

All the "C" level staff and board members of Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mitubishi, Suzuki are from the US. This is a US market.

" In 2021, the company appointed Le Thi Thu Thuy as the CEO to replace Michael Lohscheller." I guess Mike sensed the disaster and decided to split town early.

This woman has no experience running an auto company or any large company for that matter. I hope she can at least assemble a team of auto industry "C" level folks, and it needs to be way better than second tier auto companies like Mitsubishi, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia and Subaru.

VinFast's factory wont be up and running until 2024 so she has plenty of time....

1666208269264.png

Last edited:

Buy vinfast that has supply chain in China.

Buy vinfast that has supply chain in China.
You didnt know some are idiots who dont know what feeds them. When they do stupid things, reality always hit them hard. :enjoy:

This is the big issue.
I guess we vietnamese need to create a viral campaign and hire a lot of Youtubers to do the marketing.

Nowadays a good product isn't enough, they also need a good shilling campaign.

Do you know the case that Vinfast sued a youtuber because he gave a negative review to vinfast cars?

I don't want to talk about who is right and who is wrong here. I'm thinking if the same thing happens abroad, what will Vinfast do? I am waiting for the moment when Vinfast sues the next customer.

Do you know the case that Vinfast sued a youtuber because he gave a negative review to vinfast cars?

I don't want to talk about who is right and who is wrong here. I'm thinking if the same thing happens abroad, what will Vinfast do? I am waiting for the moment when Vinfast sues the next customer.
It's a money game.
Even Youtuber can be used to attack other brands now.

Vinfast needs to spend more money on the marketing.

Thailand is far ahead in automobile manufacturing expertise,yet they don't do much pointless ventures without inhouse technology or capabilities.

I have always felt,Vietnam as unreasonable and over exaggerating .
What does vinfast have? experience in car manufacturing? engine technology? battery technology? AI ? Chips? raw materials supply chain ? massive local market ? brand value? None.

Their concept seems like, some tycoons with state backing think their firm would just invest in assembling parts and sell at the lowest possible rate, regardless of technological breakthrough....and then hope to capture market share.

I'm feeling cringe on behalf of all pacific asian nations,vietnam should focus on doing the basics right before plunging ahead without any self awareness.

I'm not sure why there's so much concern trolling over Vinfast trying to sell electric cars?

Let's see what happens.
VF electric cars are for middle class.
They cost less than competitors in the segments.

079C13BF-F0AF-4368-91A2-1A487883594A.jpeg

E3CB270C-3F8E-45E6-8795-CBDD4308952C.jpeg

23F44C0C-C757-4AA4-AF4F-19BDE6F7A36C.jpeg

A65D2423-1A87-4F1F-B4A8-6896B0B1F7E2.jpeg

7FA3C716-60A7-493A-BB7B-F108120238F5.jpeg

15CFA5BA-DC28-45F0-B60B-FC5CECB1F655.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom