What's new

Vijender Singh Dispatches Francis Cheka In 3rd Round, Defends Title And Wins 8th Consecutive

Tea addict

Reaction score
Country
India
Vijender Singh maintained his unbeaten record at professional level with a win over Tanzania's Francis Cheka at New Delhi's Thyagraj Stadium on December 17.

The match ended in the 3rd round via a technical knockout when the referee stopped the fight after Cheka's mouthpiece fell off. It was a nice combination of punches by Vijender which turned it into a no-contest.
vs2600_1481992550.jpg

ordinary fighter, will lose against the first real decent fighter he faces. would be a good journeyman though

Fighting old aged bums with lousy records won't help his career.

Only ignorant Indians will be fooled by this not the boxing world .

Saw the fight on tv.
Some of his punches were really hard. Seems to have improved.
Opponent was useless , tried to bite him at the end of the fight.

maybe he can knock out shiri modi bollywood butcher ji

Fighting old aged bums with lousy records won't help his career.

Only ignorant Indians will be fooled by this not the boxing world .

He has only started his professional career. You can't expect him to fight top boxers straight away. I d say in another 2 years when he has racked around 20 bouts under his belt he ll take on higher ranked boxers.

He has only started his professional career. You can't expect him to fight top boxers straight away. I d say in another 2 years when he has racked around 20 bouts under his belt he ll take on higher ranked boxers.
He fought an african for an asia pacific title the fight itself was a joke too the african didnt go down from punches he decided to quit in his corner. These are not the type of fights that progress your career. If he ever fought. At a level you would expect from a worldclass talent he would find himself on his backl

He fought an african for an asia pacific title the fight itself was a joke too the african didnt go down from punches he decided to quit in his corner. These are not the type of fights that progress your career. If he ever fought. At a level you would expect from a worldclass talent he would find himself on his backl

As I said, he has just started his professional career. He can't be expected to go fight the top boxers straight away. Name me one boxer who started their professional by fighting top ranked boxers from the very beginning. So its stupid to expect that of him. Let him work his way up the ladder.

If he is world class he ll prove his worth, if he is not then he is not. End of the story. But to judge him now and say that he is only fighting shitty boxers and bums is being unfair to him.

Cz8wP2aW8AAlMrT.jpg:large

Last edited:
As I said, he has just started his professional career. He can't be expected to go fight the top boxers straight away. Name me one boxer who started their professional by fighting top ranked boxers from the very beginning. So its stupid to expect that of him. Let him work his way up the ladder.

If he is world class he ll prove his worth, if he is not then he is not. End of the story. But to judge him now and say that he is only fighting shitty boxers and bums is being unfair to him.

Cz8wP2aW8AAlMrT.jpg:large
vasly lomochenko hes a ukranian fighter whos a world champion who fights at featherweight and he's been fighting world level fighters since his debut
http://boxrec.com/boxer/659771
i think all fighters when they start there career need progress fights the man he fought wasn't a progress fight, if you have olympic pedegree as these announcers and commentators keep telling everyone you're above basic level, your competition needs to be better, vajinder singh is ranked no.31 in the world at 168lbs super middleweight, my argument is for his career to progress he needs to fight someone at that level. otherwise if he fights these joke type fights when he finally gets into a real fight he will lose badly, i've watched boxing for 15 years and i know what i'm talking about. when your 30/31 years old you've hit your prime in boxing terms, the rate of progression needs to be faster. I'm 100% sure his management team will buy a world title and the indian community who knows nothing about boxing will think he is a legitimate world champion, you might think i'm saying this because he's a hindu/sikh but no my friend i'm saying this out of watching boxing for the past 15years, they will never put him in with a fighter who is capable of causing an upset.

Sour grapes:disagree:
its not sour grapes its indians who are getting over-excited and dont know shit about boxing tell me where francis cheka was ranked in the world prior to fighting singh, he's an african level fighter who was paid to quit, kerry hope came to fight and he is a middleweight fighter who gave singh all types of problems kerry hope is a nobody in boxing he didnt achieve shit, yet he almost beat vajinder singh,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom