What's new

Vietnam - U.S. bilateral ties

As South Vietnamese, I am really looking forward to seeing the day when Vietnam and America sign the military and friendship treaty. GREAT!

We both are not bound by the past. What counts is today and tomorrow.

Flag-Pins-Vietnam-USA.jpg

US Trade Representative due to visit Vietnam
August 31, 2012 | Vietnam Investment Review |

US Trade Representative Ron Kirk is scheduled to pay a two-day visit to Vietnam from September 2 to discuss bilateral economic cooperation.

us.jpg

During the visit, the US official will meet with leaders from the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, as well as a number of US and Vietnamese entrepreneurs.

He will touch upon issues of common concern towards the signing of the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP), and propose strategies of cooperation to promote common targets at the upcoming Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum (APEC) along with initiatives for supporting efforts for ASEAN integration.

Since the US and Vietnam established diplomatic ties 17 years ago, annual two-way trade turnover has increased from below $1 million to nearly $22 billion.

The US is currently Vietnam’s biggest export market and investor.

Vietnam Investment Review - Top News - US Trade Representative due to visit Vietnam

Vietnam's National Day

Press Statement
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
August 31, 2012

On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I would like to congratulate the Vietnamese people as they celebrate Vietnam’s National Day on September 2.

In July, I visited Hanoi on my third trip to Vietnam as Secretary of State. This visit celebrated the progress we have made together in the 17 years since we normalized diplomatic relations. Our trade relationship has grown from almost nothing in 1995 to nearly $22 billion annually, and we continue to deepen our economic cooperation. We are working together on a wide range of issues, from promoting maritime security to improving public health and providing disaster relief, while forthrightly addressing the need for greater protection of human rights, including religious freedom.

This year we also mark the 20th anniversary of our Fulbright program in Vietnam, which has brought many of Vietnam’s current and future leaders to study in the United States. Nearly 15,000 Vietnamese students are now attending colleges and universities in the United States, and that number continues to grow, increasing mutual understanding between our two countries.

In the coming year we will work to expand these people-to-people exchanges. We will continue our dialogue to promote human rights, and we will expand our cooperation on trade, health, and environmental challenges. We are committed to strengthening the strategic relationship between our countries based on mutual respect and our common desire to foster peace and stability throughout the Asia-Pacific.

On this festive occasion, I wish all Vietnamese people peace and prosperity in the coming year.

Vietnam's National Day

Vietnam Still Hot for American Investors
August 31, 2012, 12:29 PM SGT

Though Vietnam has struggled to recapture the supercharged growth rates it once enjoyed – and countries like Indonesia and the Philippines are increasingly seen as more attractive for investors – it is still a prime market that American companies are seeking to expand in.

That’s another of the more surprising conclusions from a recent survey conducted by the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham Singapore) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which was reported earlier by The Wall Street Journal.

The survey, which polled more than 350 leaders of U.S. companies operating in the region, not only found that more American employees are asking to relocate to Southeast Asia – a surprise to analysts who have long assumed China and India were the hot spots – but also found that 57% of the companies polled intended to expand their operations in Vietnam, compared to a mere 6% in Indonesia and 11% in Thailand.

Vietnam Still Hot for American Investors - Southeast Asia Real Time - WSJ

As South Vietnamese, I am really looking forward to seeing the day when Vietnam and America sign the military and friendship treaty. GREAT!

We both are not bound by the past. What counts is today and tomorrow.

Flag-Pins-Vietnam-USA.jpg

Vietnam is so desperated to find a power to backup them up after being dump back and fore by foreign powers...sigh/ well seem to me that there no shame for been abused in the pass as long as these powers provide them the sentiments of security for the future:lol:

Vietnam is so desperated to find a power to backup them up after being dump back and fore by foreign powers...sigh/ well seem to me that there no shame for been abused in the pass as long as these powers provide them the sentiments of security for the future:lol:

After Vietnam War, even though VN isolated by the US, Europe and Southeast Asian countries due to attacking Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, however in 1979 with the militia and the local soldiers Vietnam has still won over a "power". :lol:

So now why are we desperate?

If the enemy attacks us, as usual, we will kill more 100,000 enemy troops in every battle and captured the rest troops. :lol:

After Vietnam War, even though VN isolated by the US, Europe and Southeast Asian countries due to attacking Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, however in 1979 with the militia and the local soldiers Vietnam has still won over a "power". :lol:

So now why are we desperate?

If the enemy attacks us, as usual, we will kill more 100,000 enemy troops in every battle and captured the rest troops. :lol:

You just like to repeat over and over your fiction about 79 to feel secure but know nothing about it...and the reality is that today in SCS, Vietnam is desperatly crying for help...so even formal abuser is OK as long as you get some feeling is that someone is coming to protect you.

so the moral of the lesson is: abused me in the Pass "OK" but protect me now

You just like to repeat over and over your fiction about 79 to feel secure but know nothing about it...and the reality is that today in SCS, Vietnam is desperatly crying for help...so even formal abuser is OK as long as you get some feeling is that someone is coming to protect you.

so the moral of the lesson is: abused me in the Pass "OK" but protect me now

Try to look at SCS by this way:

SCS is an international sea with one of the world's major shipping routes, so countries in the world if they have transport ships run through the sea then they have interest in SCS.
With the US, she has national interest in the SCS, so she needs to protect it. And so she needs to work with other countries in the region such as Vietnam, the Philippines, Brunei, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan ... to protect the legitimate interests of each country in the sea....

If you learn that way, you will see the participation of the US and other powers in the world into SCS is very normal and natural. Right?

Try to look at SCS by this way:

SCS is an international sea with one of the world's major shipping routes, so countries in the world if they have transport ships run through the sea then they have interest in SCS.
With the US, she has national interest in the SCS, so she needs to protect it. And so she needs to work with other countries in the region such as Vietnam, the Philippines, Brunei, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan ... to protect the legitimate interests of each country in the sea....

If you learn that way, you will see the participation of the US and other powers in the world into SCS is very normal and natural. Right?

China has never prevent other's right to navigate in SCS...if you care to read Chinese official statement.

Chinese will not be allowed to eat SCS. there is no question of relying on Chinese to allow or disallow freedom of navigation in that waters. SCS doesn't belong to them at the first place.

SCS bottom of sea would be new home of PLAN if they commit any mistake.

Chinese will not be allowed to eat SCS. there is no question of relying on Chinese to allow or disallow freedom of navigation in that waters. SCS doesn't belong to them at the first place.

SCS bottom of sea would be new home of PLAN if they commit any mistake.

why not just back up your claim with...let say Indian navy :pop:

keep crying SCS is yours no one will do anything. So how about you back up your crying and control SCS by force? so that we get to see some action in real. !!

Who is crying over SCS? :lol: and we have navy there to backup our claim :pop: just waiting to Indian navy for some real action :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom