What's new

Vietnam’s People’s Army to turn into regular and elite force

I regret stepping on this landmine of linguistic controversy, my foreknowledge extended to there being a whole lot of natioanlism and irrationality surrounding the topic (something I don't think you'd deny), but I stand by my point about revisionism in India. In fact I said precisely that a official governmental stance is not necessary in encouraging this kind of revisionism when your intelligentsia is more than happy to propagate glorious revisionism in all different varieties.

All the government needs to do in that case, is to be "ambiguous" and keep hard facts out of the debate and they are doing so handily in the case of the 62 war by refusing to release the Henderson Brooks-Bhagat report.

For some unknown reason Indian Govt remains touchy about war documents even ones for 1965, 1948 , or 1971 the only decisive victory we had.

Just like they avoid going into detail into wars/or even not mentioning about them in school syllabus.

Just like they avoid going into detail into wars/or even not mentioning about them in school syllabus.

Yes this point is quite evident and my contention is this is a deliberate attempt to leave breathing space for revisionist history in India.

my contention is this is a deliberate attempt to leave breathing space for revisionist history in India.

my contention is this is a deliberate attempt to leave breathing space for revisionist history in India.

how original .:lol:

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

For some unknown reason Indian Govt remains touchy about war documents even ones for 1965, 1948 , or 1971 the only decisive victory we had.

Don't wish to go off-topic but i don't agree with the bolded part and neither would most people outside Pakistan . If throwing intruders outside your country is not victory like in 65 and 99 , then what is ?

You haven't been on the forum long enough. When you have seen enough and have a balanced opinion then you will know. Indians actually have their own forum, but due to the lack of interest from Pakistanis and Chinese, they were left with a feeling of talking and gloating to the wall over there. Hence we have such a massive Indian community here. You will see for yourself how often topics against China and Pakistan gets brought into the spot light the moment it hits the Internet. It is often the same people who does it and then you will see the delights of everyone trolling the threads to death. It's funny thing and I am sure you will get the hang of it soon enough.

By the way, a late belated welcome to the forum :P

Indians are on this forum , because they have balls to face Chinese and Pakistanis ganging up on them everyday . Chinese and pakistanis however can't go to Indian forums to debate them not because of lack of interest but because of lack of a pair.

Yes this point is quite evident and my contention is this is a deliberate attempt to leave breathing space for revisionist history in India.

We don't have the policy to teach kids about wars in our history books . students have internet and various libraries where they can read about the truth of all these wars themselves if they are interested.

Don't wish to go off-topic but i don't agree with the bolded part and neither would most people outside Pakistan . If throwing intruders outside your country is not victory like in 65 and 99 , then what is ?
1965 and Kargil were not victory for India. Stop relying on Bollywood propaganda.

In case of 1965; Operation Gibralter failed but Pakistan managed to stop Indian invasion and even conducted counter-offensive missions in Indian territory. This is loss for India because it was much better armed then Pakistan and also had larger military force in comparison.

In case of Kargil; This event took place in a time when political differences between Musharraf and Nawaz were increasing. Pakistan was under sanctions and was not supported by Washington at that time. Even then, Pakistani military forces proved to be a serious headache for the entire Indian military establishment. Pakistan withdrew due to growing international pressure on us. Otherwise, we had succeeded in isolating the entire Indian force stationed in Siachin and they would have been choked and destroyed. The remaining of your force could also be dealt with. The only problem was that if India would have lost too much, the war may have turned nuclear. The funny thing is that PAF was not much active during in this war and still we delivered some punch.

Currently, all sectors of our military force are highly maintained and well-prepared for war with India. You may have a cold-start in place. But we do have a counter-program in place too. Do not underestimate us.

We don't have the policy to teach kids about wars in our history books . students have internet and various libraries where they can read about the truth of all these wars themselves if they are interested.
And this is what paves way for revisionist history in India. Member CardSharp has a point.

You guys lost in Sino-Indian war of 1962. Not need to beat on the dead bush. China at that time was also was hindered by logistics limitations. Otherwise, the conflict would have ended much worse for India. Another factor was that China had vast WWII experience under its belt. It left them better prepared in comparison to your nation.

1965 and Kargil were not victory for India. Stop relying on Bollywood propaganda.

In case of 1965; Operation Gibralter failed but Pakistan managed to stop Indian invasion and even conducted counter-offensive missions in Indian territory. This is loss for India because it was much better armed then Pakistan and also had larger military force.

In case of Kargil; It was an act of political defiance between Musharraf and Nawaz. Pakistan was under sanctions and was not supported by Washington at that time. Even then, Pakistani military forces proved to be a serious headache for the entire Indian military establishment. Pakistan withdrew due to growing international pressure on us. Otherwise, we had succeeded in isolating the entire Indian force stationed in Siachin and they would have been choked and destroyed. The remaining of your force could also be dealt with. The only problem was that if India would have lost too much, the war may have turned nuclear. The funny thing is that PAF was not much active during in this war and still we delievered some punch.

Currently, all sectors of our military force are highly maintained and well-prepared for war with India. You may have a cold-start in place. But we do have a counter-program in place too. Do not underestimate us.

I think GOI overestimates you guys

I think GOI overestimates you guys
They have solid reasons to do so, if they really do.

We can retake Kashmir even now. The only thing stopping us is the nuclear war which will end both nations.

They have solid reasons to do so, if they really do.

We can retake Kashmir even now. The only thing stopping us is the nuclear war which will end both nations.

I admire you guys to have the dedication to live without power for 20hrs a day just to have that capability.

No problem, China can provide electricity for Paksitanis friend...just build a serie of Dams at Brahmaputra rivers.

Seriously who are you to say this? Do you have any inside information of communist party or something? Don't make such absurd and ludicrous claims.

And if China does this then yeah NE India would definitely be affected but Bangladesh would face pretty much face famine. Plus we can do the same on Indus river and all other 5 rivers of Pakistan passing from India. So stop trolling please. :)

Seriously who are you to say this? Do you have any inside information of communist party or something? Don't make such absurd and ludicrous claims.

And if China does this then yeah NE India would definitely be affected but Bangladesh would face pretty much face famine. Plus we can do the same on Indus river and all other 5 rivers of Pakistan passing from India. So stop trolling please. :)

Ok..that's not funny..I withdraw my joke...ignore my previous post:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom