What's new

Vietnam Economy Forum

The problem with Vietnam economy, is their people are too hostile to many East Asia countries. Which is making other people think twice dealing a business or investing in Vietnam.

You can think more time than twice, if you want to do it.

Starbucks primping for debut in Vietnam market
Minh Thien | vir.com.vn | Dec 18, 2012 10:50 am

cf.jpg

Starbucks, the world’s largest and most famous coffeehouse company, is planning to open its first Vietnam outlet in mid January in Ho Chi Minh City, a spokesman for the company said last week.

cf.jpg

Starbucks, the world’s largest and most famous coffeehouse company, is planning to open its first Vietnam outlet in mid January in Ho Chi Minh City, a spokesman for the company said last week.

envy!
my county still donn't have Starbucks
is it so important for your country that you should upload this news here ?

$1 billion IP ready to emerge
| vir.com.vn | Dec 18, 2012 11:03 am

hs.jpg

N&G Corporation, a Vietnam’s private domestic property developer, this week will start construction of its $1 billion industrial park to serve supporting industries in Hanoi.

Teaming up Japanese investors, the firm envisions that the project (Hanssip) is expected to cover an area of 640 hectares in the capital’s Phu Xuyen district. The site is situated on the Phap Van-Cau Gie-Ninh Binh expressway, about 85 kilometres from Haiphong port and 60km from Noi Bai international airport.

When operational, Hanssip is expected to accommodate 200 supporting industries enterprises to supply parts and components for garment, textile and leather shoes makers, electronic and automobile manufacturers.

envy!
my county still donn't have Starbucks
is it so important for your country that you should upload this news here ?

Dude, for China, the news may not be worth to be mentioned here. But I think for us (or for me) the news is nice. It is a sign that Vietnam has become a "normal" country. By the way we love coffee house. That is the place where we sit with friends and talk about everything, day and night.

tumblr_lrbghklYWw1qko0ebo1_1280.jpg

Vietnam café

:D

Noooooooooooo - why are you guys falling for an overhyped coffee chain? I love Vietnamese coffee and I do not want to see that replaced with some fancy chain :(

Couple of months back I vouched that Vietnamese coffee is the best in the world here in another thread and a picture I posted.

IMG_3882-1.jpg

I think it is time (for some of us who likes) to move from the street to a coffee house. It is cleaner and nicer.

cafeviahe-300x198.jpg

street café

Cafe-Vuon.jpg

garden café

Haiti welcomes Vietnamese investors
12/18/2012 12:01:55 PM VOV

Vietnam-and-Haiti-sign-join.jpg.ashx

(VOV) - PM Laurent Salvador Lamothe has called on Vietnamese businesses to invest in rice production, machinery assembling, power generation, and infrastructure construction.

Hung-receives-Haitian-PM.jpg.ashx

Lamothe, who is in Hanoi on an official visit to Vietnam, told Vietnam News Agency on December 17 that Haiti and Vietnam signed a joint statement, specifying cooperation areas, including aquaculture and rice cultivation.

Japan electronics maker opens plant
12/18/2012 Vietnam News

1312201207-_MG_8030.jpg

_MG_8044.jpg

BINH DUONG (VNS) — Matsumura Electronics Industry Viet Nam has opened an electronic circuit factory in the southern province of Binh Duong.

The factory was built on a 1.5 ha area in My Phuoc 3 Industrial Park, with invested capital of US$6.5 million. The factory produces electronic circuits for use in family equipment and machinery.

These products will be exported to Japan and other Asian countries.-VNS

Government looks to boost social housing

02-nha-o_1.jpg

Apartments for low-income earners in Ha Noi's Gia Lam district. Such social housing projects should be affordable for people on low salaries. — VNA/VNS Photo Tuan Anh

HA NOI (VNS)— Social housing developers urged the Government to lower housing prices to make decent life more affordable for low-income citizens.

Specific suggestions included decreasing the minimal area of flats, providing investors with "clean" sites [where investors would not be responsible for land clearance] and proper basic infrastructure, exempting them from land-use tax and value-added tax and offering soft loans.

At present, each square meter in a social housing project costs VND10.6 million to VND13 million (US$ 504 – $620). Eligible customers are allowed to pay in installments, but many of them have returned booked houses, claiming they "cannot afford" them.

ADB’s US$212 mil loan for safe water project
12/18/2012 VOV

adb-funds-water-supply-sanitation-project-central-vietnam-1-91077.jpg

The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide US$212 million to continue a project improving water service delivery to more than three million Vietnamese people.

The funding is the second tranche of a US$1 billion loan framework approved in 2011, designed to deliver an estimated 500,000 poor households their first-ever piped water connection. Vietnam achieved 92 percent overall coverage for urban water supply in 2006—albeit with uneven service levels—but over the next 10 years, more than 15 million people will receive improved water service under ADB financing.

Phan Vu exports concrete pipes to Japan
December 18, 2012 Talk Vietnam

concrete-pipes-with-diameter-of-800-millimeters-are-loaded-onto-a-ship-for-export-to-japan-photo-kinh-luan-782441-84050-betongphanvu-1.jpg

Concrete pipes with diameter of 800 millimeters are loaded onto a ship for export to Japan - Photo: Kinh Luan

Phan Khac Long, chairman cum CEO of Phan Vu, said the fact that Japan had accepted product quality of Phan Vu opened up opportunities for the company to ship concrete pipes to other markets rather than only Cambodia as of now.

“In 2010, we won confidence of Japan Pile Corp., the leading concrete pipe manufacturer of Japan, and last year they became the largest shareholder of Phan Vu with a 49% stake in the Phan Vu Quang Binh project.”

“The plant is scheduled to start operation next year with advanced technology transferred from Japan Pile, enough to meet the strict requirements of Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) A5373-2004,” Long told the Daily.

The shipment consisting of 151 concrete pipes worth some US$200,000 is for export to Wakachiku Construction Co. in Japan, marking the beginning of the business relationship between Phan Vu and Wakachiku Construction.

Masahiro Tatsumi, project manager of Wakachiku Construction, told local reporters that before choosing Vietnam, his company had surveyed the quality of centrifugal concrete pipes made in China, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

“In the coming time, we will continue to buy products of Phan Vu to build large projects like airports, seaports, bridges and tunnels,” he said.

Speaking at a press briefing on this event, Long informed Phan Vu had signed a contract with Taiwan’s Formosa to supply pre-stressed concrete pipes worth US$75 million.

Vietnam reports nearly 1 million unemployed people
Posted on December 18, 2012 Written by vietnamplus

bg-index-banner.jpg

Of Vietnam’s 53.1 million work force aged 15 and above, 984,000 were unemployed as of October 1, 2012 – an unemployment rate of 2.01 percent.

According to a report, jointly conducted by the General Statistics Office (GSO) and the International Labour Organisation (ILO), released on December 18, on the country’s 2012 employment survey, 1,369,000 (2.74 percent) people were out of work due to an economy that cannot create enough jobs for new and old workers.

The problem with Vietnam economy, is their people are too hostile to many East Asia countries. Which is making other people think twice dealing a business or investing in Vietnam.

We are hostile to many East Asia countries?
I just wonder how did you draw this shitty conclusion?

Back
Top Bottom