What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Duterte has turned the Philippines into a slaughterhouse. there is little to celebrate. Ok it pays off for you of course if you now bribe Cambodia and Philippines because both will sabotage the ASEAN unity and development. Even for a risk of war in the region. VN backs down yet because we are not ready yet. We will come back.
Surely you must realize that ASEAN does not have true unity since neighbouring members have competing interests with one another such as disputed waters.

Sis I was born in VN. The Chinese have 1,000 reasons to hate VN. To understand one should read the history of VN and CN. It is not about rich and poor, neither superior nor inferior. It has to do with different strategic interests.
The new thing with me, oh, I don't know, You were born in Vietnam. Ok, For the Vietnamese and Chinese. My opinion, Vietnamese have reason to hate Chinese but Chinese had no reason to hate Vietnamese. You can see the answer from Chinese in here https://www.quora.com/Do-the-Chinese-really-hate-the-Vietnamese-If-yes-why Of course It also depends on each person. Like one Chinese in PDF, I forget his name, terriorts or terrain ...who always call Vietnamese as the monkey, Surely he hates Vietnamese. :yahoo: For Vietnamese. This poll shows the Vietnamese's opinion about China from 200 people. You will see 53 persons who said they love China, 71 persons hat
rsoTVz.png
e them. 4 per said they love but is becoming the hater, 27 per said they is becoming the lover, 79 per who don't care, Although Chinese give their threat to attack the island in SCS.
rsoTVz.png

Last edited:
The new thing with me, oh, I don't know, You were born in Vietnam. Ok, For the Vietnamese and Chinese. My opinion, Vietnamese have reason to hate Chinese but Chinese had no reason to hate Vietnamese. You can see the answer from Chinese in here https://www.quora.com/Do-the-Chinese-really-hate-the-Vietnamese-If-yes-why Of course It also depends on each person. Like one Chinese in PDF, I forget his name, terriorts or terrain ...who always call Vietnamese as the monkey, Surely he hates Vietnamese. :yahoo: For Vietnamese. This poll shows the Vietnamese's opinion about China from 200 people. You will see 53 persons who said they love China, 71 persons hat
rsoTVz.png
e them. 4 per said they love but is becoming the hater, 27 per said they is becoming the lover, 79 per who don't care, Although Chinese give their threat to attack the island in SCS.
rsoTVz.png
Of course most Chinese would say never heard of a country called Vietnam. However I forget to remember the number of wars they staged against our country. I read reports how nice they treated the worst Japanese war criminals and how clean they polished the rifles of captured India army members. I would wish they treat us with similar nicety. In reality the PLA destroyed the last house, killed the last animal when withdrawing from VN at last major war.

Anyway vietnamese people look to the future, usually not care much of the past. if they behave like normal people all can be forgiven and forgotten. The first thing they must do is to throw the 9-lines into dust bin.

Of course most Chinese would say never heard of a country called Vietnam. However I forget to remember the number of wars and physical confrontation they staged against VN. 10 or more? I read reports how nice they treated the worst Japanese war criminals and how clean they polished the rifles of captured India army members. I would wish they treat us with similar nicety. In reality the PLA destroyed the last house, killed the last animal when withdrawing from VN at last major war.
the number of wars between VN and CN, The major reason because of their interests, It doesn't relate to hatred or not. eg: they hate Japan but can't defeat or launch a revenge toward Japan. You maybe get misunderstood between war by the hatred and war by the interests. they really want to kill all Japanese soldiers in WW2 but It cant. because they are weak at that time. Like the 731 unit experts were saved by US. they treated the worst Japanese soldiers well. It the first time I know.

Last edited:
the number of wars between VN and CN, The major reason because of their interests, It doesn't relate to hatred or not. eg: they hate Japan but can't defeat or launch a revenge toward Japan. You maybe get misunderstood between war by the hatred and war by the interests. they really want to kill all Japanese soldiers in WW2 but It cants. because they are weak at that time. Like the 731 unit experts were saved by US. they treated the worst Japanese soldiers well. It the first time I know.
Actually we shouldn't care whether they like us or not or they hate or love the japanese, that is not our business. The only thing we care is of developing a powerful army to annihilate anyone who attacks us.

I hate to see if a clown stages aggression by using pretext and excuse.

Visit of US landing ship USS San Diego to the bay

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

Unthinkable until recently now One step closer to a formal military alliance

IMG_3252.JPG

IMG_3254.JPG
IMG_3253.JPG

The Khmer are easy to be manipulated. Look, Polpot and his murder gang staged an extreme form of Chinese style mass killing and cultural destruction. Cambodia's entire history, scripts, books including teachers were destroyed and butchered. Only the ancient inscriptions in temples remain. There was nothing left. Zero. Vietnam had rebuilt completely the entire system. Nevertheless the cambodians hate Vietnam. It is surreal. I am not sure who hates VN more: the Chinese or the Khmer?

Chinese (defense topic inclined) I have met and got to know in real life ...are somewhat wary/suspicious of Vietnam...but there is no deep-set hatred I would say. It probably stems from that they have grown their economy, power and success (esp as they perceive it) quite a lot.

As for Cambodia, its still very badly run and economically deprived country. Hun Sen himself was a K.R guy till he got purged by P. Pot and fled to Vietnam and then eventually Vietnamese intervention/occupation happened and thus he was seen as conducive to helping reset and reform VN-CAM relations....but ultimately to distract from his and Cambodia own inadequacies in leadership, economy etc....Vietnam inevitably becomes scapegoat...harness the same old easy populist policy. K.R afterall experimented with many ugly stupid policies (even within leftist framework) that many people do not know past the genocide and city-depopulation that happened....but the anti-Viet policy always was consistent one and always was popular....K.R never changed it for reason.

After all Champa was traditional enemy of Khmer...given Siam I think was made vassal/absorbed by Khmer at their zenith.....but Champa never was and handily gave them many crushing defeats. Because Cambodian have little to be proud of today (and modern era more generally), they look to this history to seek exclusive refuge, and thus same bogeymen and scapegoats are used (I have seen this phenomenon worldwide though).

One Cambodian origin chap I know was bragging to me how developed and rich Cambodia was compared to Vietnam and Thailand...before Vietnam war really escalated and K.R came by....and that (pre-war 50s, early 60s etc) was thus somehow the inherent state of the peoples and today is just an aberration.

Best medicine is to let the reality continue to flourish I say....neutral people can judge for themselves.

Chinese (defense topic inclined) I have met and got to know in real life ...are somewhat wary/suspicious of Vietnam...but there is no deep-set hatred I would say. It probably stems from that they have grown their economy, power and success (esp as they perceive it) quite a lot.

As for Cambodia, its still very badly run and economically deprived country. Hun Sen himself was a K.R guy till he got purged by P. Pot and fled to Vietnam and then eventually Vietnamese intervention/occupation happened and thus he was seen as conducive to helping reset and reform VN-CAM relations....but ultimately to distract from his and Cambodia own inadequacies in leadership, economy etc....Vietnam inevitably becomes scapegoat...harness the same old easy populist policy. K.R afterall experimented with many ugly stupid policies (even within leftist framework) that many people do not know past the genocide and city-depopulation that happened....but the anti-Viet policy always was consistent one and always was popular....K.R never changed it for reason.

After all Champa was traditional enemy of Khmer...given Siam I think was made vassal/absorbed by Khmer at their zenith.....but Champa never was and handily gave them many crushing defeats. Because Cambodian have little to be proud of today (and modern era more generally), they look to this history to seek exclusive refuge, and thus same bogeymen and scapegoats are used (I have seen this phenomenon worldwide though).

One Cambodian origin chap I know was bragging to me how developed and rich Cambodia was compared to Vietnam and Thailand...before Vietnam war really escalated and K.R came by....and that (pre-war 50s, early 60s etc) was thus somehow the inherent state of the peoples and today is just an aberration.

Best medicine is to let the reality continue to flourish I say....neutral people can judge for themselves.
You know Cambodia well, more than knowledge of one normal Vietnamese. One interesting story about Cambodian. It is they and Thailand people look down each other. One Cambodian said to me. He said: Sure, they hate Vietnamese, but when he said the Vietnamese grabbed Cambodian land in the past, Vietnamese would said: Yes, we are, If Cambodia wants to regain, Pls attack. But for the Thailand people, they would say: No, It is their historical territories. So hypocrite, Thailand also use Khmer culture to enrich their nation

@

Nations rise and fall, territories changing hands. Rome and Carthago could not coexist.

China under the Tang is said to be the most powerful country on this planet, with Vietnam to be a part of. But with the fall of the Tang and with VN plitting up from China, the days of Cambodia as land power and Champa as sea power were numbered by the rise of Vietnam as dominant military power.

In old books Vietnamese people called the Chinese as men of the Tang.

The most funny thing is Chinese sometimes blame the Vietnamese copying their language, culture and customs, but forget we had been Chinese for 1,000 years. Vietnam independence movement plitting up from China has much to do with different worldview between Vietnamese and Chinese that can't be overcome.

The Chinese seem can never accept the loss of VN hence the numerous wars, constantly keeping a high level of military pressure that continue today.

45 years from the Second Battle of Quang Tri began on June 28 and lasted 81 days until September 16, 1972, when the Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN) defeated the North Vietnamese at the ancient citadel of Quảng Trị (Vietnamese: Thành cổ Quảng Trị) and recaptured most of Quảng Trị Province. This battle is one of the fiercest battles in the world. Compare to battle with Chinese in Sino - Vietnam War, This battle from Vietnamese-Sino War is same the breakfast, It is the reason why In Vietnam, people rarely mention to the battle with Chinese.In the battle of Quang Trị, US dropped more than 120.000 tons bombs same as 7 atomic bombs in Hiroshima, 950.000 shells artillery.

You know Cambodia well, more than knowledge of one normal Vietnamese. One interesting story about Cambodian. It is they and Thailand people look down each other. One Cambodian said to me. He said: Sure, they hate Vietnamese, but when he said the Vietnamese grabbed Cambodian land in the past, Vietnamese would said: Yes, we are, If Cambodia wants to regain, Pls attack. But for the Thailand people, they would say: No, It is their historical territories. So hypocrite, Thailand also use Khmer culture to enrich their nation
The French name Indochina (that included Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia) for a reason, because it 2 civilizations. Viet Nam have Chinese influence for it Chinese Buddhism, chopstick, wok cooking, chinese writting, Chinese calendar, ect.. Cambodia and Laos have Indian influence with Indian Buddhism, eat with hands, wearing sarong, mortar and pestle paste cooking, ect.... Both the Thai and the Viets took some lands from Cambodia but at the end of the day, the Cambodian will always hate more the Viets because we don't share the same culture and physically different. Cambodia will always get along better with the Thai and Laotians because they share the same Buddhism branch and also a lot of culture similarities. Every human being always love someone with similarities but hate strangers that doesn't have anything in common

Vietnamese media, citing Jane's, say Hanoi's getting 24 V-22 Ospreys worth $3bln from the US. First two to be delivered in 2018 #military

I'm not sure this is a good idea, they are very accident prone and very expensive to maintain.

Maybe ok to airlift troops to the islands in quire a fast way if the range is enough.

This also means VN is getting the stuff that it needs to confront China. But 3 billion....... hmmmmm I would do other things with that money, but what do I know anyway.

Vietnamese media, citing Jane's, say Hanoi's getting 24 V-22 Ospreys worth $3bln from the US. First two to be delivered in 2018 #military

I'm not sure this is a good idea, they are very accident prone and very expensive to maintain.

Maybe ok to airlift troops to the islands in quire a fast way if the range is enough.

This also means VN is getting the stuff that it needs to confront China. But 3 billion....... hmmmmm I would do other things with that money, but what do I know anyway.
I rather see we would acquire a squadron of Aegis air defense destroyers. $3b is lots of bucks. Donald Trump will give us a loan I believe. But we don't have any aircraft carrier now so how to carry the choppers at highsea? Or the Japanese is nicer than expected and deliver us with one or two carriers. Military buildup costs money. We could soon say hello to the bushido fighters of Japan. What would you buy instead?

IMG_3255.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3258.JPG

Surely you must realize that ASEAN does not have true unity since neighbouring members have competing interests with one another such as disputed waters.
However nobody threatens anyone with war. Unlike China that threatens PN, VN, UK and India with war in short succession.

I rather see we would acquire a squadron of Aegis air defense destroyers. $3b is lots of bucks. Donald Trump will give us a loan I believe. But we don't have any aircraft carrier now so how to carry the choppers at highsea? Or the Japanese is nicer than expected and deliver us with one or two carriers. Military buildup costs money. We could soon say hello to the bushido fighters of Japan. What would you buy instead?

View attachment 417350 View attachment 417352 View attachment 417358

Need to get confirmation that this is true, i got the info from tweeter, but i have not seen anything else yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom