What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

A new construction at Vietnam controlled Ladd Reef that involves the installation of a hexagonal platform about 100 feet across can be seen on the pictures. For helicopters probably.

ladd3-wm.jpg

Ladd_20180603_BW_R1C1-zoomed-wm.jpg

Stronger than Steel

The US company Kraig Biocraft opens the Prodigy Textiles facility in Quang Nam province. One step closer to mass production of genetically spidersilk. The material made of silk is super light, can withstand high kinetic impact and ballistic blast, ideally for soldiers’ protective vests. In fact the company has contract developing vests for the US army.

https://www.kraiglabs.com/kraig-bio...extiles-co-ltd-facility-in-quang-nam-vietnam/

3118EA1B-6034-42A0-90DD-8B6A18495313.jpeg
CAA81D9C-ADFB-4885-897D-2D322051BA35.jpeg

A0DF7EF1-D78A-4B62-BD9F-81272B8ACC3A.jpeg

Look like after winning the World Cups, French Airforce will hold a tour through Southeast Asia using the prize money lol. The force inclused Rafale fighter and a couple of transports.

37512118_144686939765913_5223038745741099008_o.jpg

ok the army can never pay as much as you get in a private enterprise. I mean you defend your country. I also meant what payout one gets if a soldier falls in a battle. Private death contract is private. I can sign a private contract with 1 million USD too, but why should my wife get rich when I go down? :D

Your wife is gonna get rich regardless, do you think she care whether you are alive or dead when she start buying designer handbag or shoes or anything?

Well, defending one country is a duty, in this case, duty + benefit, I was not a patriotic guy before I join, and I am not a patriotic guy after I left, many people don't know this is just a job, at least for me.

French Airforce will hold a tour through Southeast Asia using the prize money lol. The force inclused Rafale fighter and a couple of transports.

37512118_144686939765913_5223038745741099008_o.jpg

They are making sales / promotional visit. The promotional most likely for the A-400 instead for the Rafale though.
The only countries in that list that are currently viable enough for the sale of Rafale are UAE and Indonesia. Indonesia is currently has tender for 48 multirole fighter, although Viper block 70 is the likely winner there is always chance the political wind might change in favour for Rafale (albeit unlikely). Other countries in that list are either currently bankrupt (Malaysia), doesn't have enough money (Philippine), already order F-35 (Singapore), incompatible datalink (Vietnam), or already operate Rafale (India)

A crash of a Su22 fighter jet in NorthVietnam killed two pilots onboard. I believe the Su22 in service are getting old and dangerous. The US Congress proposes Vietnam to be included in the list of three countries that will be exempted from US sanction if they buy Russians weaponry. Caatsa. Hurrying up the process of acquiring new fighters, new weapon systems from Russia once the exception becomes law should be considered. In long run, only building up a domestic military complex is the only thing that avoids us running into trouble. Just my personal opinion.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/w...uring-of-russian-weapons-reports-2762701.html

"Time to make some noises, comrades"

37788749_147975056103768_4710614817654702080_n.jpg

37844448_147975029437104_3346135606437609472_n.jpg
It one of the most unfair war games. Russian know perfectly the equipments, terrain and weather, Chinese bring their own Type-96B tanks and have plenty of time to train in a copy of the war game field back at home , and the others countries already operated the T-72 for decades... In the meantime, Vietnamese crews had just a few days to practice with the T-72... Thank God it just a game to make Russia and China look good on the top ranking.

Last edited:
A crash of a Su22 fighter jet in NorthVietnam killed two pilots onboard. I believe the Su22 in service are getting old and dangerous. The US Congress proposes Vietnam to be included in the list of three countries that will be exempted from US sanction if they buy Russians weaponry. Caatsa. Hurrying up the process of acquiring new fighters, new weapon systems from Russia once the exception becomes law should be considered. In long run, only building up a domestic military complex is the only thing that avoids us running into trouble. Just my personal opinion.

I think real Vietnamese never fully trust the US people. This is how a US people feels he has been treated in Vietnam.

I guess Vietnam cannot demonize the US enough after what was gone through.

upload_2018-8-3_14-15-12.png

@Stranagor

I think real Vietnamese never fully trust the US people. This is how a US people feels he has been treated in Vietnam.

I guess Vietnam cannot demonize the US enough after what was gone through.

View attachment 490216

@Stranagor
Please stop. We all know Chinese agenda: waiting for the moment to attack. Your rants against America and the West are just fake.

Of course we can’t rely solely on America or any other country but on the firepower of our army.

Test firing of a modernized T55 tank.
The army needs between 1,000 and 2,000 tanks.

71CBE268-6ABA-482B-ADD4-C37E7BAFA6D0.jpeg

Vietnam Foreign Ministry mum on US arms deal
By Khanh Lynh

August 2, 2018 | 10:16 pm GMT+7
aircraftcarrier-1533257548-9830-1533257722_m_680x0.jpg

Last March, U.S. aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson arrived in Da Nang on a historic visit to Vietnam. Photo by Nguyen Dong.

Spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang merely said at a regular press conference that she would pass on questions about the deal to relevant authorities.

She said Vietnam's defense policy is to protect the country's peace, independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and to contribute to peace and stability in the region and the world.

"[Vietnam's] defense cooperation with other countries are to implement this policy," the spokesperson said.

A U.S.-based newspaper on Thursday quoted an unnamed official from the U.S. State Department as saying that Vietnam has signed contracts to buy U.S. military equipment worth $94.7 million.

Please stop. We all know Chinese agenda: waiting for the moment to attack. Your rants against America and the West are just fake.

Of course we can’t rely solely on America or any other country but on the firepower of our army.

Test firing of a modernized T55 tank.
The army needs between 1,000 and 2,000 tanks.

View attachment 490272

Viet, who are you to say "we"? Your forefathers fought for the US, received salary paid by the US to kill Vietnamese people. Our forefathers fought for the freedom and independence of Vietnam and made the foundation for a relatively prosperous Vietnam of today. Without the sacrifices of our forefathers, just look at "democratic" Philippines or India for the future of the puppet "Republic of Vietnam".

Viet, who are you to say "we"? Your forefathers fought for the US, received salary paid by the US to kill Vietnamese people. Our forefathers fought for the freedom and independence of Vietnam and made the foundation for a relatively prosperous Vietnam of today. Without the sacrifices of our forefathers, just look at "democratic" Philippines or India for the future of the puppet "Republic of Vietnam".
I don’t know what you are talking about. My family originally comes from Hanoi.

VN unity was won by contributions from all the people from north to central to south. So prosperity. From inland and overseas Vietnamese.

You defend the Chinese at every occasion but they can improve the relationship to Vietnam immediately if offering a non aggression pact. That will cost them nothing. There is a reason why the Chinese don’t do it.

As I predicted, Vietnam will find another potent partner with military might to explore oil and gas in the South China Sea: Japan. Let’s see how Xi Jinping will react. If he will threaten Japan with war.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/vietnam-finds-new-partners-for-s-china-sea-drilling
Vietnam Finds New Partners for S. China Sea Drilling

4D730038-FD60-4574-8763-8F39B2953720.jpeg

Repsol's lease blocks, canceled over Chinese objections (green); Rosneft's Block 06-1 (red); and Sao Vang-Dai Nguyet (yellow). China's nine-dash line boundary is in red (Greg Poling / twitter)

Back
Top Bottom