What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Could you please tell what is happening in Ukraine now from the Chinese point of view?

We can also change a few words of his post and it will be like :
It was only a few decades ago that WW2 and Korea War ended, don't forget it so quickly. You still remember what happened the last time the Japanese Imperial Army was in China or US was in Korea against PLA and killed a couple millions PLA soldiers in human waves attacks?

This new Einstein @Okarus just realize now that every country is working for it own interest. Unless China bribe leaders in countries like Africa (and Philippines) and tiny nations, then those nations will give everything to China. There are no such as Chinese free loan and free development projects, people and nations will end up paying something later. Example please? Well The dictator Franco of Spain got a huge bribe from the Allied to not enter WW2 even after Germany gave him a huge military aid and help him win the civil war in 30s. Diplomacy is a selfish and treacherous game,, everybody is for itself like in a buffet all-you-can-eat (you take the best dishes).

Hey @Okarus, if China is so great can you remind me how many (true) military allies superpower China have? Please don't name Pakistan in it (it not your friend it only friend to counter balance India)....

Nothing is forever and things changes over decades (people die and born, mentality change) just work for your own benefits at the present moment and stop looking at the past. After WW2, the US with the marshall plan? Should the defeated German take the US aid for reconstruction (after the US destroyed) everything? Or Should the Japanese take the US financial help for reconstruction after dropping 2 nuclear bombs? From your point of view genius @Okarus , Viet like the Japanese and German have no honor. I guess China have more honor when Chinese people was wearing same clothes and riding bicycles, and then welcome all Japanese investments and aids.

Here a funny article (I can't post the link) about the aircraft carrier visit in VN from China point of view...

China Says U.S. Carrier's Vietnam Visit Was a 'Waste of Money'

in the National Interest magazine.

But China forget that in 2014 PLA navy pay a visit to Sri Lanka....Was worth it then? Now that Sri Lanka buy more Chinese weapons, political rapprochement and trade is booming between the 2 countries... What a hypocrisy !!! LOL

Last edited:
It was only a few decades ago that WW2 and Korea War ended, don't forget it so quickly. You still remember what happened the last time the Japanese Imperial Army was in China or US was in Korea against PLA and killed a couple millions PLA soldiers in human waves attacks?

This new Einstein @Okarus just realize now that every country is working for it own interest. Unless China bribe leaders in countries like Africa (and Philippines) and tiny nations, then those nations will give everything to China. There are no such as Chinese free loan and free development projects, people and nations will end up paying something later. Example please? Well The dictator Franco of Spain got a huge bribe from the Allied to not enter WW2 even after Germany gave him a huge military aid and help him win the civil war in 30s. Diplomacy is a selfish and treacherous game,, everybody is for itself like in a buffet all-you-can-eat (you take the best dishes).

Hey @Okarus, if China is so great can you remind me how many (true) military allies superpower China have? Please don't name Pakistan in it (it not your friend it only friend to counter balance India)....

Nothing is forever and things changes over decades (people die and born, mentality change) just work for your own benefits at the present moment and stop looking at the past. After WW2, the US with the marshall plan? Should the defeated German take the US aid for reconstruction (after the US destroyed) everything? Or Should the Japanese take the US financial help for reconstruction after dropping 2 nuclear bombs? From your point of view genius @Okarus , Viet like the Japanese and German have no honor. I guess China have more honor when Chinese people was wearing same clothes and riding bicycles, and then welcome all Japanese investments and aids.

Here a funny article (I can't post the link) about the aircraft carrier visit in VN from China point of view...

But China forget that in 2014 PLA navy pay a visit to Sri Lanka....Was worth it then? Now that Sri Lanka buy more Chinese weapons, political rapprochement and trade is booming between the 2 countries... What a hypocrisy !!! LOL
Chinese foreign minister Mr Wang Yi complains the USS Carl Vinson’s four-day visit to Da Nang threatens regional stability. Interesting logic. Chinese logic.

Considering on other side the clowns say the visit is waste of time and money, won’t alter the balance of power in the region because the PLA navy has numerous superiority.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/us-is-disrupting-peace-in-south-china-sea-says-beijing-f7w87d5ts

1DC3FF82-B9FE-4E7E-90CD-6A47904C6BEE.jpeg
A3E513CB-131F-457B-BF18-59A2A4010374.jpeg
2791DC55-6E87-41BB-86F3-47A52B0016D0.jpeg
6AA64979-B053-4345-8E7E-7C66AC0257C9.jpeg

China is not great, at least not yet. China is still a developing nation and its GDP per captia is still very low. Trade is trade. You give off something and you gain something. The more trade, the better. I'm not against that.

The point is that when US comes, proxy wars follow. If you're willing to fight their wars, then be my guest.

The "waste of money" quote was from a commentary piece on the Chinese news website. A commentary piece is a opinion piece, which means the piece only represents the author's opinion. National Interest is probably not the most credible source. They'd quote a random guy on Weibo and somehow make it seems like that one guy can represent the majority. I bet you don't always believe any opinion pieces on CNN either right?

Defence

Protect freedom of navigation, combat narrow nationalism: Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang

By PTI | Mar 04, 2018, 03.50 PM IST

FFE2A006-278A-4E8B-9C33-4ADCA2EF8A18.jpeg

The two nations have a bilateral trade of USD 10 billion. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Tran yesterday resolved to take it to USD 15 billion by 2020.

NEW DELHI: Peace and prosperity will come to the Indo-Asia-Pacific region only when all countries step in to protect the freedom of navigation and combat narrow nationalism, Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang said today in an apparent reference to China's military posturing in the area.

Tran also supported India's bid to become a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) and said his country supported New Delhi's active participation in regional linkages and cooperation mechanisms.

The visiting president said political, defence and security cooperations were the "strategic pillars" of bilateral relations and emphasised the effective implementation of the India-Vietnam Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.

Referring to the Indian Ocean, Asia and the Pacific, Tran said though the region was creating new drivers for growth, it faced "notable intertwined challenges". It was also the "core theatre" in the competition for power and influence among major powers, he added.

Delivering a lecture on Vietnam-India relations here, Tran said the aspiration that the next century becomes the "Indo-Asia-Pacific century" can be realised if all countries share a common vision for an open and rule-based region, and a common interest in the maintenance of peace, stability, and inclusive prosperity, "wherein no country, no nation, and no group shall be left behind".

"The aspiration (for the Indo-Asia-Pacific century) will come true when all countries join in the effort to protect the freedom of navigation and unimpeded trade and not let the Indo-Asia-Pacific be balkanised into spheres of influence manipulated by power politics, hindered by protectionism, or divided by narrow nationalism," Tran said.

The president's remarks come a day after India and Vietnam vowed to join hands for an open and thriving Indo-Pacific, besides ensuring an efficient and rule-based regional security architecture.

@Nilgiri

Data Cube

Vietnam introduces Satellite data cube system, a cheap but effective means to monitor the region by using satellites of friendly nations.

Owing to the support of I.M.System Group (USA), a modern server system with capacity of storing up to 200 TB has been established at the Vietnam National Space Center. Data Cube software system is provided by CSIRO. In the first step, Vietnam will gather the satellite data of LandSat (United States), Sentinel (European Community) and ALOS (Japan).

7A441441-BE68-46F9-B733-12874B8C04F7.png

470CD1BC-37BD-44AB-B598-EA7B3D20CF22.jpeg

BB612E02-8C4D-4932-8102-5B6B520844C0.jpeg

China is not great, at least not yet. China is still a developing nation and its GDP per captia is still very low. Trade is trade. You give off something and you gain something. The more trade, the better. I'm not against that.

The point is that when US comes, proxy wars follow. If you're willing to fight their wars, then be my guest.

The "waste of money" quote was from a commentary piece on the Chinese news website. A commentary piece is a opinion piece, which means the piece only represents the author's opinion. National Interest is probably not the most credible source. They'd quote a random guy on Weibo and somehow make it seems like that one guy can represent the majority. I bet you don't always believe any opinion pieces on CNN either right?

CNN and National Interest are not the greatest but still good source of info, much better than Chinese and Vietnamese government controlled newspapers and media. Whatever some articles said it’s a waste of money or waste of time or meaningless visit, I’m sure that China is not very happy about that aircraft carrier visiting VN and the warming military relation between US-VN.

From your point of view, VN taking US military cooperation and aid make VN a proxy of the US? So Taiwan, South Korea and Japan who have all US military cooperation and US hardware are all proxies of the US ? So if one day Russia increase military cooperation and send huge military aids to China to counter balance US influence in Asia, would it make China a proxy of Russia? Either you don’t understand the word proxy or I don’t understand your logic.

Let me remind you that China want ALL the South China Sea and threatening everyone who dare to challenge her claims. Only a small nation (Viet Nam) dare to challenge military and stand strong against China, that why a lot of Chinese are angry for that “INSUBORDINATION” and stubborness of a small country against a mighty giant. If Viet Nam doesn’t accept military aids from whoever (Japan, US, South Korea, Taiwan, India, ect) it will be just stupid. US military aid to VN doesn’t come with any major conditions (it free why not taking it). Unlike the Russian military aids to Syria which come with a heavy price tags (leasing military bases, share resources, reconstruction contracts, debt payments, ect…). Bashar Al-Assad and Syria would have their hands tied for the next 20-30 years minimum.

Νότια-Σινική-Θάλασσα.png

Do you think the Chinese demand of South China sea is too excessive and deserve a war? Why we can all share the cake? My wish is VN would become one day a military ally of China (we share so many things in common even same DNA - VNese with Southern China) but the problem (show in history) that China never treat small nation as equal but more as vassal. To understand a problem you must admit you have a problem, that's why China never had any genuine military ally.

Last edited:
My wish is VN would become one day a military ally of China (we share so many things in common even same DNA - VNese with Southern China)...
This is a very dangerous argument.

Before the discovery of DNA, we had genealogy and cultural similarities as compelling arguments for all sorts of alliances. Still, they were never enough to keep peoples from separating themselves. Am sure you can find enough reasons in Viet Nam's history to know when and why the Viets decided to fight for their independence from China.

I grew up with the Latin based Vietnamese language. Do YOU advocate the Chinese language for Viet Nam because of DNA? My family's origin came from North Viet Nam and we can trace our Chinese ancestry back nearly 300 yrs. Hsüan was our original Chinese surname before multi-great grandpa decided to leave China. Today, it is Xuân. There are also Indian genes in me, so who am I supposed to ally with?

Do you really think that China's claim to the entirety of the South China Sea came from Chinese overwhelming love for the Asians based upon DNA? That China is going to share the bounty of the SCS to all Asians based upon DNA ties? Today, China is claiming the sea. Tomorrow, China will claim the land. You think the Chinese are going to respect the yrs of independence Viet Nam has and leave you alone? No, the sea is just another path to claim Viet Nam. Back in 1946, the Ho-Sainteny Agreement would have put Viet Nam into the French Union. That is the best China would do for Viet Nam, a vassal state with mostly domestic autonomy.

Korean people apologize to massacre victims in central Vietnamese province

Hundreds of civilians in Quang Nam Province were killed by Korean troops five decades ago

• By Duy Khang / Tuoi Tre News
    March 11, 2018, 16:19 GMT+7
1-1520758607.png

Members of the Korea-Vietnam Peace Foundation express their apologies during the commemoration of 135 victims of a wartime massacre in Ha My Hamlet in the central province of Quang Nam on March 11, 2018. Photo: Tuoi Tre
Over 40 people from South Korea have arrived in a hamlet in the central Vietnamese province of Quang Nam to commemorate the victims of a massacre carried out by Korean troops during the war 50 years ago.

Forty-one members of the Korea-Vietnam Peace Foundation expressed their apologies and formally bowed in front of family members of the deceased in Ha My Hamlet, Dien Duong Commune, Dien Ban District during a ceremony on Sunday morning.

The Korean members came from all walks of life, but they gathered at the commemoration for just one purpose, which was to extend their sincere apologies to the late victims, their families, as well as the Vietnamese people, Kang U-il, chair of the foundation, remarked.

2-1520758619.jpg

Dang Thi Kha, one of the survivors in the massacre which took place in 1968. Photo: Tuoi Tre
The massacre took place in early 1968, when South Korean troops lined up the unsuspecting locals in a field before shooting straight at them.

Their mission was to eliminate every single communist in the hamlet.

Many families were completely wiped out following the incident.

“I was angry. I lost five family members including my mother and older brother. The massacre happened when I was just three years old,” Dang Thi Kha, a survivor, said.

3-1520758619.png

Kim Mae Hwa (R), whose cousin was among the Korean troops, apologizes to Nguyen Thi Thanh, a survivor of the massacre. Photo: Tuoi Tre
“Now as the Korean people are saying sorry, I understand that my anger would not be able to change the past,” Kha continued

https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society...ims-in-central-vietnamese-province/44483.html

This is a very dangerous argument.

Before the discovery of DNA, we had genealogy and cultural similarities as compelling arguments for all sorts of alliances. Still, they were never enough to keep peoples from separating themselves. Am sure you can find enough reasons in Viet Nam's history to know when and why the Viets decided to fight for their independence from China.

I grew up with the Latin based Vietnamese language. Do YOU advocate the Chinese language for Viet Nam because of DNA? My family's origin came from North Viet Nam and we can trace our Chinese ancestry back nearly 300 yrs. Hsüan was our original Chinese surname before multi-great grandpa decided to leave China. Today, it is Xuân. There are also Indian genes in me, so who am I supposed to ally with?

Do you really think that China's claim to the entirety of the South China Sea came from Chinese overwhelming love for the Asians based upon DNA? That China is going to share the bounty of the SCS to all Asians based upon DNA ties? Today, China is claiming the sea. Tomorrow, China will claim the land. You think the Chinese are going to respect the yrs of independence Viet Nam has and leave you alone? No, the sea is just another path to claim Viet Nam. Back in 1946, the Ho-Sainteny Agreement would have put Viet Nam into the French Union. That is the best China would do for Viet Nam, a vassal state with mostly domestic autonomy.

About that military alliance between VN and China, it’s my own personal utopia wish with a lot of fantasies and hot girls in it...LOL!!! Of course you are not going to side with someone just because he have the same eyes and hairs color as you and he also know your grandma. In politic like in business, you going to take the best offer on the table regardless where the person come from. I’m just saying that similar DNA and cultural background should help the relation between 2 countries not distance them like what is happening now.

I was thinking about a relation like Russia and Serbia have, both are Slavs ethnic and orthodox religion.

My family also come from North Viet Nam (Hung Yen) and we can also trace back our origins from China. NGUYEN is YUEN in Chinese, as you know most Vnese names have Chinese origin. We are North 1954 in Ho Nai (Bien Hoa), the baddest anti-communist soldiers during the VN war...

The human relation is good between VNese and Chinese. Just look at the Chinatowns around the world, they are mostly VNese and Chinese living/working next/with each others. They get along because we share many similarities and background. VNese are not going to live in Little Delhi or Little Havana neighborhoods. Immigrants always go where they feel like home and the VNese are no different.

I have many close Chinese friends and I get along with them very well because we share same value, mentality and cultural background. But we never talk about VN/CN politic and SCS maybe that's why we still good friends...LOL

Human relation and politic are 2 different things, and people should stop judging other nation population by politic adopted by their government or political conflict between 2 governments. And we all know China will never going to change the way they treat and bully their neighbors. We also know already that China is a huge superpower who doesn’t need any equal partners and will muscle around to get she what want. The Chinese government still have that empire and vassals or superpower and satellite states mentality. Unless one day, China break in few states. What is really sad is a lot of Chinese believe the distorted informations their government feed them.

Until then, just like VN did by defeating military for the 1st time in history a modern colonial power (and then inspiring others colonized nations around the world to revolt) hopefully this time VN standing strong against China 'expansionism" will inspire others nations to stand up and fight.

Last edited:
I’m just saying that similar DNA and cultural background should help the relation between 2 countries not distance them like what is happening now.
Let us inject just a wee bit of cynicism into the subject.

If a white man want to put you under his rule, it does not take much for him to find ways to make what he want palatable. Simply put, his differences from you are too obvious.

But if someone who is similar to you in many ways, now it is more problematic for him. Of course, you can appeal to him using your commonalities in asking to be viewed as an equal, and that pleading is even more important if you are somehow not as capable of defending yourself. If he does not want to be perceived as a bully, he will use your arguments against you. Your moral appeals are irrelevant at worst and useful tools for him at best. Moralities works only if everyone holds them in EQUAL esteem. Japan did not have it then, and China does not have it now.

The human relation is good between VNese and Chinese. Just look at the Chinatowns around the world, they are mostly VNese and Chinese living/working next/with each others. They get along because we share many similarities and background. VNese are not going to live in Little Delhi or Little Havana neighborhoods. Immigrants always go where they feel like home and the VNese are no different.
You are correct there as I have plenty of casual reading about this subject. But there is a larger issue to consider. Minorities often got along because they had to when they are living under the laws and culture of a dominant group.

I have many close Chinese friends and I get along with them very well because we share same value, mentality and cultural background. But we never talk about VN/CN politic and SCS maybe that's why we still good friends...LOL
Why not? Am not asking to be facetious. But genuinely 'Why not?' What are you -- all of you -- afraid of? Are shared cultural past and genetics commonalities not enough?

The reality is tough to bear. A sign of a good and deep friendship is when you are able to share ALL your differences to each other and still remains friends. And you will remain friends because each is confident that none will use the differences to hurt each other, especially when nationalistic passions pulls at all of you.

Human relation and politic are 2 different things, and people should stop judging other nation population by politic adopted by their government or political conflict between 2 governments.
I agree with you to some degrees, but not all.

Like it or not, even in a dictatorship, a government is often, if not usually, seen as 'representative' of the country and the people. Internally, the people may despise the dictator, but when putting on a face for outsiders, they can and often will turn against any criticisms of what they perceives to be slights against their country.

I do not immediately come to a conclusion about any individual, but once I learned of his origin, I will consider his country's political contents in dealing with him. For example, if I meet a Canadian, I know that Canadians are generally benevolently condescending of Americans, and I know that attitude came from a combination of Canadian politics and culture.

I may not judge, but neither will I ignore the importance of politics upon a person. And I am not unique in this. If I say to a foreigner that I am an American, how do I know if he will assess me based upon Iraq or American fast food or Disney or all of them? Based upon my time in the USAF, I dare say that any foreigner who delays his assessment of an American and deals with him/her on a personal level is a rarity.

And we all know China will never going to change the way they treat and bully their neighbors. We also know already that China is a huge superpower who doesn’t need any equal partners and will muscle around to get she what want. The Chinese government still have that empire and vassals or superpower and satellite states mentality. Unless one day, China break in few states. What is really sad is a lot of Chinese believe the distorted informations their government feed them.

Until then, just like VN did by defeating military for the 1st time in history a modern colonial power (and then inspiring others colonized nations around the world to revolt) hopefully this time VN standing strong against China 'expansionism" will inspire others nations to stand up and fight.
Then I will say this...

The Internet opened new ways for peoples of all countries to talk to each other, but the common thing I have noticed is that unless it is specified up front that a conversation is to be devoid of ideologies and politics, the DEFAULT subjects are ideologies and politics, and given the fact that this forum is military oriented, ideologies are politics are inevitable.

So when it is obvious that a group is hypernationalistic -- the Chinese -- it is pointless to try to appeal to them on humanistic grounds. Hypernationalism is a rage that cannot be reasoned with because with reasoning are compromises, and compromises means getting less than what are expected. China want ALL of Asia, just like how the Japanese once wanted all of Asia. The Chinese on this forum supports that aspiration. China have no good intentions for Viet Nam. Never had and never will.

thats why China never had any genuine military ally.

Let us be clear: diplomatic and military alliance are only tools for minor factions, that would otherwise not be able survive until the next winter in the world stage if playing alone.
Why would THE greatest Civilization on Earth, that ranks first at the end of the game, spanning over 10'000 years, need the ludicrous help provided by any other puny factions?
China has leaded the human development for the last 5 milleniums unmatched, with the exception of the post Mongol occupations era: after Admiral Zhenghe's seven voyages post 1421 AD, followed by the Manchu occupation of the 17th AD, the Eight-Nation Alliance occupation of the 19th AD, and the Japan-Soviet-U.S. triple occupations of the 20th AD.
But today, after 6 centuries of foreign occupations, China is back on track once again toward the first place, just think about its unbreakable quantum entanglement communications, the largest 500 meters radio telescope FAST, the largest 100 kilometers in circumference particle supercollider in construction, the deepest 3000 meters undersea manned laboratory, the fastest supercomputers Sunway TaihuLight and Tianhe-2, the most sensitive quantum submarine detector SQUID (superconducting quantum interference device), the supersonic vacuum maglev train, etc, etc..

Great powers don't need to have any allies. - General Charles de Gaulle.

My wish is VN would become one day a military ally of China (we share so many things in common even same DNA - VNese with Southern China) but the problem (show in history) that China never treat small nation as equal but more as vassal.

DNA is everything bro, I see that we are on the same wavelength!
Indeed, the ecosystems dictate the selection of genes. Since China (excluding the North) and Indochina (excluding the South) both share the same type of geological and biological ecosystems (humid subtropical rainforest over karstic geomorphologic landscapes, with bamboo forests), both people have developed convergent genetic solutions through Darwinian selection.

Just one example: both Chinese and Indochinese people enjoy the delicate fragrance of the jackfruits and durians. But western imperialist invaders, that never encountered these delicacies during the last milleniums, simply didn't select the right genes, and their neural systems will simply detect and falsely missclassify the rich molecules of these fruits! As their brains will trigger alerts likening the molecules to putrefaction... :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Meaning that cohabitation with ethnic Europeans is simply impossible, ending with reckless bans of these fruits, if one is to live under western occupation like in South East Asia (i.e. Singapore).

Same goes for most food and everyday life products like nước mắm, Chinese coriander, bamboo shoots, camphor based balms, etc. etc...
24.gif
beat.gif

koppen_world_map_cwa_cfa-png.458984

▲ Both people live in Humid subtropical climate.

13856937667z8abqdo-jpg.458982

▲ Both people enjoy the delicate fragrance of the jackfruits.

c3874b04fac874e-jpg.458985

▲ Both people enjoy the delicate fragrance of the durians.

image_4041_2-slow-loris-jpg.458986

▲ Both people enjoy the sight of the Bee Monkey or Nycticebus coucang at dusk.

Until then, just like VN did by defeating military for the 1st time in history a modern colonial power (and then inspiring others colonized nations around the world to revolt)

Alas, wake up, this is another misreading of the history of the 20th AD! As an Indochinese, one must go to Dien Bien Phu and witness with one's own eye, the official tribute paid to the FUGOs, instrumental in the demise of the West!
Note that FUGOs is the name used by the Japanese during WWII, and are their directed energy and mind-control secret weapons, later captured by the U.S. victor at the end of the Pacific War.
In a nutshell, nobody but the U.S. puppet master did win after 1947, the Indochina pawn being only used by them as a cannon fodder to destroy the French Empire.

img_1374-jpg.452198

▲ Dien Bien Phu, or the beginning of the end of the French Empire

img_1611-jpg.452199

screenshot-2018-2-5-photo-google-jpg.452203

Street lamp post as a FUGO hovering over the world, notice the purple death ray

img_1874-jpg.452200

Street lamp post as a FUGO hovering over the world, notice the purple death ray

img_1935-jpg.452201

▲ Normal Indochinese street lamp post in nearby town

img_1961-jpg.452202

▲ Normal Indochinese street lamp post in a nearby city

:enjoy:

Meanwhile, 7 decades later in the U.S. occupied French capital...

emmanuelmacronpyongchang2018-jpg.452922

▲ French President's comment as displayed by the French TV...(9 Feb 2018)
:o:
screenshot-2018-2-9-emmanuel-macron-on-twitter-png.452923

https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/...3/?temp_hash=5dfeafbb249875f1f76a48fe5839f45b
https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/961929436999438336
Geolocation:
48°52'14.3"N 2°19'00.3"E
48.870641, 2.316754
▲ French President's comment as displayed in twitter. 3:47 AM - 9 Feb 2018

img_2434-crop-jpg.452926

https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/...6/?temp_hash=5dfeafbb249875f1f76a48fe5839f45b
Geolocation:
48°49'25.1"N 2°21'55.1"E
48.823649, 2.365292
▲ Meanwhile, 7 decades later in the U.S. occupied French capital
34y5mvr.gif
:smart:

Attachments

• 13856937667z8AbQDO.jpg
    13856937667z8AbQDO.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,274
  • Koppen_World_Map_Cwa_Cfa.png
    Koppen_World_Map_Cwa_Cfa.png
    134 KB · Views: 1,284
  • c3874b04fac874e.jpg
    c3874b04fac874e.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 1,285
  • image_4041_2-Slow-Loris.jpg
    image_4041_2-Slow-Loris.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,281
Last edited:
Just one example: both Chinese and Indochinese people enjoy the delicate fragrance of the jackfruits and durians. But western imperialist invaders, that never encountered these delicacies during the last milleniums, simply didn't select the right genes, and their neural systems will simply detect and falsely missclassify the rich molecules of these fruits! As their brains will trigger alerts likening the molecules to putrefaction... :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Meaning that cohabitation with ethnic Europeans is simply impossible, ending with reckless bans of these fruits, if one is to live under western occupation like in South East Asia (i.e. Singapore).

I personally prefer Jackfruit overall over Durian (though some durians are quite good, it depends).

I used to not like even jackfruit as kid, but suddenly developed the taste of it around teenage years.

What do you prefer out of interest.... jackfruit or durian?

I personally prefer Jackfruit overall over Durian (though some durians are quite good, it depends).

I used to not like even jackfruit as kid, but suddenly developed the taste of it around teenage years.

What do you prefer out of interest.... jackfruit or durian?

Like the Tiger, the King Of The Jungle, the King Of Fruits of course!:lol:

http://
http://
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJGrzP4PW7Q
▲ Cô Gái Sầu Riêng - Tâm Đoan [Vân Sơn 20 - Vân Sơn In Việt Nam - Những Nẻo Đường Miền Tây]. Published on Feb 19, 2017

Great powers don't need to have any allies. - General Charles de Gaulle.

America is the greatest military power the world has ever seen, but she relies on her allies to provide assistance when going to war.

As for the French, without the British helping them in WW I and II, they would have ended up as slaves to the Germans. So de Gaulle admits France is not a great power. Even in the last phase of the war against the Viet Minh on Indochinese battlefields, the French army relied on money and weapons provided by the US. In the decisive battle of Dien Bien Phu, the French relied on the recruited German soldiers (former Wehrmacht) because not the French but the Germans that fought the desperate battle until the bitter end.

In the last days of the battle, the French general staff even issued a request to the United States government for authorization of nuclear weapons. Both, the US and France thought of possibility of Chinese intervention should they resort to nuclear war. In that case there were plans to attack China with nuclear weapons too.

Crazy people

To maintain the colonial rule over Indochina, America and France were willing to start a new nuclear war.

The plan was dropped because the British government opposed the idea.

That all are recently revealed by Pentagon Papers.

http://donkasprzak.com/drop-3-atomic-bombs-at-dien-bien-phu/amp/

66FC8E6C-FF56-4F80-B894-99ADD50BB243.jpeg

America is the greatest military power the world has ever seen, but she relies on her allies to provide assistance when going to war.

Respectfully disagree, great confusion again from our bro from the south...:disagree:

Puppet
fun-gif.459157

A puppet is a country that is de jure independent but is more or less controlled by another, often stronger nation, through an installed government that is loyal to the controlling nation.

When a country is puppeted, its government is replaced by one installed by the puppet master, matching the puppet master's ideology. If a puppet master declares war, they can call in their puppets as allies. In the peace conference that ensues after a successful war, puppeted countries will not be able to make demands by themselves, though the puppet master can dictate demands in favor of its puppets if they choose to do so. As a result, an already puppeted country cannot puppet other countries.

If a puppet master is forced to capitulate, its puppets will automatically capitulate as well if it isn't in a faction with a major country that has yet to capitulate. If a puppet master capitulates but there are still majors in a puppets faction, the puppet will earn autonomy points if TFV/DOD is enabled. Upon defeating a puppet master (and other majors in faction with it), the victorious nations can choose to detach puppeted countries from their puppet master, making them free-standing nations again. Communist countries get a 70% cost reduction for puppeting other countries.

Puppet Master

Advantages of having a puppet

• No insurgency
• The puppet master nation may import goods from its puppet or subject state at a rate discounted below the standard trade rate
• It is possible to "request" control over the troops of the puppet; this provides additional divisions for the puppet master, although puppet divisions may not be very well designed.
• The master can effectively boost their own manpower by raising units including a mix of master and puppet manpower (70% for a Colony, 90% for a Puppet, and 100% for an Integrated Puppet). Such colonial divisions are controlled by the puppet master.
• Puppeting countries can often be safer than annexing them as it generates less World TensionWorld Tension than territorial annexation, reducing the risk of foreign intervention by other potentially hostile countries.

Disadvantages of having a puppet

• Puppeting small countries with few resources is less efficient than simply annexing the country.
• If you give too much land to a puppet, it may refuse to give you your land back.

Being a puppet

Advantages of being a puppet

• If a nation declares war on a puppet, its master will automatically turn hostile towards the nation that declared war on it, bringing them as well as all their other puppets into the fight.
• Puppets can receive lend lease from their master, even in peacetime.

Disadvantages of being a puppet

• A puppet can neither justify war goals nor can it declare war on another country, in addition to that, puppets cannot make demands in a peace conference, meaning that a puppet's territorial expansion is entirely decided by the puppet master.
• If a puppet master declares war on a nation, they can freely force the puppet into the war. If matched up against a stronger opponent and fighting alone, the odds are clearly not in its favor. Even if the puppet proves stronger and defeats that enemy, it gets nothing but glory (and autonomy points) from the war unless the puppet master provides something in the peace or thereafter.
• A puppet has to deal with autonomy or risk further disadvantages in favor of its overlord.

Autonomy system

Autonomy levels

One puppet may act more or less independent than another. This represents the difference between largely autonomous dominions like Canada or Australia, somewhat autonomous colonies like the British Raj, and totally subservient puppet states like Manchukuo and Mengkukuo.

autonomy-level-hoi4-jpg.459155

▲ Table of Autonomy levels

autonomy-level-fascism-hoi4-jpg.459156

▲ Table of Autonomy levels (fascism)

https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/Puppet

Conclusion

As the disparity between the U.S. hyperpower and all other minors nations is so huge, the U.S. has only puppets and no allies.

And for this same reason, that's why China never had any genuine military ally, and only puppets.

How could there ever be a relationship based on an equal footing between China and its much feable neigbours, would a child ask for equality of treatment from its parents?

The best Korea has ever achieved over 2000 years, is the two countries being as “close as lips and teeth”.

In this regard, Indochina being to China as close as "beard and lips", could benefit from the vast Chinese economic bounties, investments and assistance in building infrastructures that are so needed, military umbrella including nuclear plus missile defence coverage, cultural mutually benenefitial exchanges, boon for the tourism industry of both nations, academic and professional opportunities, etc., if only it decides to do so.

Be humble, there is no shame in recognising one's past mistakes, and mend one's past hostile and self-defeating diplomacy, provided it is done timely and with sincerity. Presenting an official apology via diplomatic channel should suffice in this case.

And forget about the U.S. backstabbers, don't repeat the same mistakes of President Ngô Đình Diệm who was brutally assassinated by his handler during a CIA-backed coup d'état in 1963!
Learn the lessons from Saif al-Islam Gaddafi of Libya, who personaly decided to surrender the Libyan nuclear program and thrust the U.S., only to wake up after the 2011 C.I.A hatched color revolution!

diemassas-jpg.459176

▲ Miserable end of South Vietnam President Ngô Đình Diệm backstabbed by the U.S.

20131019249800-jpg.459177

▲ A powerful and prosperous Asia from North to South possible if united.

P.S. Kindly advise you to start taking mandarin courses without any more delays. Be assured that many Chinese friends in this forum will surely be glad to provide guidance if needed.

handshake-gif.459158

Attachments

• autonomy level hoi4.JPG
    autonomy level hoi4.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 548
  • autonomy level fascism hoi4.JPG
    autonomy level fascism hoi4.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 551
  • fun.gif
    fun.gif
    1,014 bytes · Views: 546
  • handshake.gif