htin4.jpg

htin5.jpg

htin6.jpg

htin7.jpg

htin8.jpg

U.S. Navy secretary visits Vietnam to boost ties: Vietnamese official

English.news.cn 2015-04-08 23:18:14
bigphoto_tit6_b.gif

HANOI, April 8 (Xinhua) -- United States Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus is paying a visit to Vietnam to boost ties between the two countries' armed forces and navies, said a Vietnamese official here on Wednesday.

Mabus is the highest-ranking official in the U.S. Navy ever to tour the country.

Do Ba Ty, chief of the General Staff of the People's Army of Vietnam met with Mabus in Vietnam's capital Hanoi on Wednesday. The U.S. secretary of the Navy's visit will contribute to strengthening ties between the U.S. and Vietnam's armed forces and navies, Ty said.

Ty added that Vietnam and the United States have enjoyed new developments in defense relations, including those in naval cooperation over the past years. The visiting U.S. official said the two countries have great potential in deepening naval cooperation, according to Vietnam's state-run news agency VNA.

also this week, Vietnam communist party chief Nguyen Phu Trong in Beijing. 4 other members of the poliburo accompany him. this visit may be the turning point for Vietnam political landscape. After his visit and talks in China, he will head to America. success or failure will determine the times to come. besides typical diplomatic rhetorics bla bla bla, I haven´t heard any substance.

Pretty much expected. Why should China compromise? they have the upper hand in every aspect, from economy, army and number of people. the strong dictates the rule of the game.

but anyway, I think one thing we can now learn from China: female guard of honor. the girls look beautiful in army uniform :D
d02788e9b6d516901ed501.jpg

young vietnamese in the great hall
134131246_14284226316601n-jpg.213013
134131246_14284226715741n-jpg.213014

also this week, Vietnam communist party chief Nguyen Phu Trong in Beijing. 4 other members of the poliburo accompany him. this visit may be the turning point for Vietnam political landscape. After his visit and talks in China, he will head to America. success or failure will determine the times to come. besides typical diplomatic rhetorics bla bla bla, I haven´t heard any substance.

Pretty much expected. Why should China compromise? they have the upper hand in every aspect, from economy, army and number of people. the strong dictates the rule of the game.

but anyway, I think one thing we can now learn from China: female guard of honor. the girls look beautiful in army uniform :D
d02788e9b6d516901ed501.jpg

young vietnamese in the great hall
134131246_14284226316601n-jpg.213013
134131246_14284226715741n-jpg.213014

VietNam never expected any substance from this meeting anyway. Once the VCP received an invitation from the CCP for a visit, the VCP immediately issued out this statement a few weeks ago:

Vietnam Protests China Construction on Disputed South China Sea Island - Frontier Markets News - Emerging & Growth Markets - WSJ

“Vietnam strongly protests and demands that China respect Vietnam’s sovereignty and immediately stop its illegal activities in the area of Truong Sa archipelago and that China strictly adhere to the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea,” Vietnam foreign ministry’s vice spokeswoman, Pham Thu Hang, said in a statement.

As expected, the CCP spoke some warm reconciliatory words and promises to the VCP about solving all dispute peacefully.

The VCP then ask, "so are you going to stop the land reclamation work in the spratly?" The CCP reply will obviously be "No!"

So all the warm words and promises made by the CCP will be made meaningless and fake. The VCP already knew this meeting will have no substance from the beginning.

VietNam never expected any substance from this meeting anyway. Once the VCP received an invitation from the CCP for a visit, the VCP immediately issued out this statement a few weeks ago:

Vietnam Protests China Construction on Disputed South China Sea Island - Frontier Markets News - Emerging & Growth Markets - WSJ

As expected, the CCP spoke some warm reconciliatory words and promises to the VCP about solving all dispute peacefully.

The VCP then ask, "so are you going to stop the land reclamation work in the spratly?" The CCP reply will obviously be "No!"

So all the warm words and promises made by the CCP will be made meaningless and fake. The VCP already knew this meeting will have no substance from the beginning.
yes, the chinese government even does not bother taking back the travel warning to vietnam. I hope at least the party chief Trong enjoys some good chinese foods. he retires next year anyway. what we need after him is a strong man, like the current prime minister Dung.

yes, the chinese government even does not bother taking back the travel warning to vietnam. I hope at least the party chief Trong enjoys some good chinese foods. he retires next year anyway. what we need after him is a strong man, like the current prime minister Dung.

It was a very good timing for Xi to invite the VCP to visit and speak some warm reconciliatory words. So when GS Trong later visit the US to negotiate, he can tell the US that the VCP is still welcomed to join the CCP camp again if the US negotiate too hard. It is a bargaining chip. This is more valuable than some good Chinese food.

Hey @Carlosa, did you check out the LCS when it docked in Da Nang?

It's time for you to find a way to get a press pass. Or bribe your way into getting one lol.

I wish I could.

I don´t think it is possible. I tried to take a look at the stationed warships at the bay at my last visit to cam ranh. the guard was not amused. they showed me virtually the middle finger :D

Yeah, I tried that last year at the time of the visit of the US ships with the same results that you had.

I did get to see and chat with some of the sailors later as they were strolling and shopping in the city.

I don´t think it is possible. I tried to take a look at the stationed warships at the bay at my last visit to cam ranh. the guard was not amused. they showed me virtually the middle finger :D

You should have told them that you are an Elite member of PDF, with one positive rating and one trophy point.

I wish I could.

Yeah, I tried that last year at the time of the visit of the US ships with the same results that you had.

I did get to see and chat with some of the sailors later as they were strolling and shopping in the city.

Maybe you can put on a fake US Navy uniform and charge right through the security gate.

Will you come to visit me in jail? :D Vietnamese jails don't have a great reputation for comfort. :partay:

I'll send a Chinese guy to tell the prison guards that you are an intelligence officer from China and that they should release you because VN and CN are traditional friends that should not imprison each other's citizen. :china:

OK now I'm off to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom