What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

pictures of ongoing visit in Korea: Communist Party chief Nguyen meets S Korea President Park Geun Hye. Talks are concentrated on business, bilateral ties and the situation in the south china sea.

0af5db7acf56d7ee628d4a8f4b922183.jpg

be5e3efb31e9b6b12e96197a6aeaaf8b.jpg

7ceb8b43e6e65847579f4bfd0cc89f2b.jpg

0e8454fd9906c111cd9335faa755cf55.jpg

yes, actually chinese army is a blackbox. nobody knows what is inside. we see mass of soldiers with many weapon systems. some appear very modern to me. things will get clear if they are engaged in a real combat.

The Taliban fighters are 100 times more courageous than the US army, but they still got slaughtered when the technological difference is getting too big.

So my suggestion is that Vietnam shouldn't spend so much on the military, because you have zero chance to even close the gap with China.

The military gap will only get bigger just like the economic gap.

Last edited:
The Taliban fighters are 100 times more courageous than the US army, but they still got slaughtered when the technological difference too big.

So my suggestion is that Vietnam shouldn't spend so much on the military, because you have zero chance to even close the gap with China.

I"ll pass your important advice to the Vietnamese ministry of defense, I'm sure they will carefully consider your advice since they always listen to well know experts as yourself.

are you a military expert or just a simple poster? don´t tell me you are not with prejudice.

USA lifted the arms embargo to Vietnam yesterday!!!!!! (for maritime equipment for now).
I see 6 P-3C Orions coming soon..........

US lifts 40-year arms ban to boost Vietnam sea defense - Yahoo News

Last edited:
The Taliban fighters are 100 times more courageous than the US army, but they still got slaughtered when the technological difference too big..

Last time I checked, the Taliban is still there and in a very strong position, but the American forces are leaving.
You seem to have a very strange sense of logic.

Last time I checked, the Taliban is still there and in a very strong position, but the American forces are leaving.
You seem to have a very strange sense of logic.

i am not agree, US has achieving much of their objectives there in Afghanistan

1. Taliban Government in Afghanistan collapse, chek
2. US to put their allies as in helm position in Afghanistan new government, Check
3. Confine and chasing Talibunnies in their holes and safe heaven in Pakistan Tribal Area, Check
4. Disrupt and severing their abilities to carries Global terrorism, Check
5. Killing or capturing much if not almost all of their prominent leader, Check
6. The creation of New Afghanistan National Army, Check
7. Gather much if not all of Afghanistan Northern Area community to resist against Taliban and their Al-Qaida off shot, check

See, I don't see Talibunnies is still in strong position like your suggest, and the facts has proven otherwise. The American did a much better job in Afghanistan than the Russian (Soviet) who can't win the hearts of local peoples.

The Taliban fighters are 100 times more courageous than the US army, but they still got slaughtered when the technological difference too big.

That's what the Hans think the Mongolia with only 3 mils ppl can't wins again 600 mils ppl of Hans eh .

That's what the Hans think the Mongolia with only 3 mils ppl can't wins again 600 mils ppl of Hans eh .

China didn't have 600 million people during the era of the Mongol Empire.

PS, today is entirely different from the era with the sword and the bow.

I"ll pass your important advice to the Vietnamese ministry of defense, I'm sure they will carefully consider your advice since they always listen to well know experts as yourself.
yeah I am not sure if our generals laugh or just shake the heads?
USA lifted the arms embargo to Vietnam yesterday!!!!!! (for maritime equipment for now).
I see 6 P-3C Orions coming soon..........

US lifts 40-year arms ban to boost Vietnam sea defense - Yahoo News
wonderful news...the ban is lifted for maritime defence systems including aircraft, warships and lethal weapons. once our P-3 are equipped with torpedos, we can go hunting in the south china sea.

2. US to put their allies as in helm position in Afghanistan new government, Check
3. Confine and chasing Talibunnies in their holes and safe heaven in Pakistan Tribal Area, Check
7. Gather much if not all of Afghanistan Northern Area community to resist against Taliban and their Al-Qaida off shot, check

See, I don't see Talibunnies is still in strong position like your suggest, and the facts has proven otherwise. The American did a much better job in Afghanistan than the Russian (Soviet) who can't win the hearts of local peoples.

You are right on much of that but the taliban is still not really defeated and as usual the western powers end up getting tired of the stalemate and leave, it remains to be seen if the Afghan army can cope with them. After the initial victories (many years ago) , the situation ended up in a war of attrition where NATO soldiers get killed all the time, usually by Taliban that infiltrated into the army and police. The government controls the main cities and the Taliban controls the countryside. That war of attrition and the lack of a clear cut victory is what made the current stalemate which has been around for years now. I can hardly see that as a victory although I do wish that the taliban get creamed, but I don't see it as something easy to do.

Some of the things that you mentioned actually apply to Al-qaeda, not to the Taliban and anyway, the northern areas are usually not controlled by the Taliban, the Taliban controls the south of the country which is the Pashtun area and they are in control there, that's why I say its an stalemate, not a victory, neither side is able to actually win.

Last edited:
The Taliban fighters are 100 times more courageous than the US army, but they still got slaughtered when the technological difference is getting too big.

eahhh...just keep your delusion. I don´t mind.

eahhh...just keep your delusion. I don´t mind.

Brilliant advice, don't you think? China is more powerful and they keep getting more powerful, so better give up and let them take everything they want, never mind, be happy to become a vassal state.

Brilliant advice, don't you think? China is more powerful and they keep getting more powerful, so better give up and let them take everything they want, never mind, be happy to become a vassal state.
I can sense fear in chinese posters here and elsewhere.

I can sense fear in chinese posters here and elsewhere.

If the situation in Hong Kong spreads to the mainland.................. that would be something to fear, their empire can all of a sudden collapse.

Just a few weeks ago, the chinese posters here were talking about a color revolution in Vietnam, interesting to see how fast things change.

Last edited:
FM Minh meeting with US National Security Advisor Susan Rice.
nice idea: the US State Department suggests transferring military equippment "surplus" to Vietnam. Yeah why not? we have a long wish list.
78ed8da305ba66d2649d6ea7947687db.jpg

If the situation in Hong Kong spreads to the mainland.................. that would be something to fear, their empire can all of a sudden collapse.

Just a few weeks ago, the chinese posters here were talking about a color revolution in Vietnam, interesting to see how fast things change.
ha ha ha they dream of a collapse of Vietnam, then they can take over the south china sea. wet dream.

chinesetiger (a cool name, isn´t it) with his post wants to see China as America, and Vietnam as Taliban.
do you see it? China as superman who can go over the water. Vietnam? hopeless. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom