What's new

Videos show militants’ reach in northwest Pakistan

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan: If US policy makers need proof of how little control Pakistan has over its strategic border region with Afghanistan, all they need to do is watch videos available on YouTube of militants believed to be terrorising the streets of North Waziristan.

Armed men in black with balaclavas freely roam the streets of one of the biggest towns in North Waziristan, where the United States wants Pakistan’s military to launch an offensive against militant groups. There are no signs of security forces as the men belonging to a militant hit squad created to hunt suspected US spies throw a man into a station wagon and pin him down.

Nervous bystanders keep their distance. Another man looks horrified as militants haul him off a pick up truck. Both are shown in another video being blown up by explosives placed at their feet.

The United States has been piling pressure on Pakistan to go after militants in North Waziristan – many of whom attack Western forces in Afghanistan – since American Special Forces killed Osama bin Laden in a Pakistani town in May.

Admiral Mike Mullen said before retiring as chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff last month that the Haqqani group that attacked US targets in Afghanistan was a “veritable arm” of Pakistan’s spy agency, the Directorate of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

The remarks infuriated Pakistani leaders, who denied links to the group and said Pakistan had sacrificed more than any other country that joined the US “war on terror” after the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The videos, distributed in markets across North Waziristan to keep people from providing tips to be used for US drone missile strikes on militants, were a reminder of the insecurity of the border region.Washington believes Afghanistan can’t be stabilised unless Pakistan eliminates militancy in the forbidding frontier areas.

Pakistan’s army chief told parliamentarians that the United States should focus on pacifying Afghanistan instead of pushing Pakistan to attack North Waziristan, and that Pakistan would decide if and when to act there.

He said any unilateral US military action in North Waziristan would be risky. Militant groups like the one in the videos – known as the Khurasan – seem to operate with impunity there.

Al Qaeda, the Pakistani Taliban and the Haqqani network – blamed for a September, 13 attack on the US embassy in Kabul – picked the most ruthless fighters from their ranks in 2009 to form the Khurasan unit, for a special mission. The Obama administration was escalating drone strikes on militants in the Pakistani tribal areas on the Afghan border and something had to be done to stop the flow of tips used for the US aerial campaign.

In the videos, the militants were wearing shirts with patches bearing their group’s name, Mujahideen al-Khurasan, and none seemed worried about being captured or killed. Throughout the footage, a Khurasan song could be heard.

“These people in white cars and black windows are pursuing their aim. They are the Khurasan,” it said. But there plenty of reasons to fear them.

The group has gone rogue. Its brutal methods, such as electrocutions and drilling during interrogations, alienated Taliban leaders, men who would not hesitate to order beheadings.

Reuters

Videos show militants’ reach in northwest Pakistan | | DAWN.COM

This is the video I think.

At 3:10 there is a beacon on top of their car :blink:

Also Taliban has access to auto tune :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that video,its horrible..Was there any case charged against those who kidnapped and murdered two pakistani citizens in broad daylight and caught the entire procedure in video?Was there any effort from police to identify the kidnappers/vehicles etc..?

Local people are tired of these people ....there they cant say anything and they are on the mercy of these people.

whoa man ..they are picking up people randomly,and killing them ...:angry::angry:

This is what they did to those people. :angry:

This is the video I think.

At 3:10 there is a beacon on top of their car :blink:

Also Taliban has access to auto tune :woot:

cheap ***** don't even buy the full version of AVS media converter....they use demo version, lmao

as for the car -- it could have been a car from police station or hospital which they stole. They always steal, extort, smuggle and bootleg ---they'll do anything (even something contradictory to their austere views) to fund an insurgency

the strange thing about N.WA --it's actually quite peaceful. There is no insurgency there. No resistance against the Pakistani govt. though there may be some resentment

this region has traditionally been quite lawless; the state needs to make its writ felt more there and that's the job of the government and the MNAs/political agents representing the region

are these videos the same ones that i posted in another thread( the thread has been deleted now)?

Its show like a Movie shooting that People standing on the road is aware of them coming.....

People lined up on two side of the road to see a movie star. I hope is this a real video and not made in some system...

How we can say they Talibs.... why not Pak speacial force (their face is covered)

Can someone tell me what is the music in the back ground. Though it was digitally modified, the song is very melodious and haunting. So very similar to many Indian folk songs I heard. A link will be appreciated, thanks.

Can someone tell me what is the music in the back ground. Though it was digitally modified, the song is very melodious and haunting. So very similar to many Indian folk songs I heard. A link will be appreciated, thanks.

i liked the song, if you know it, who knows you will probably like it too. lol. it is basically about Khurasan which is historically Afghanistan, parts of iran and parts of central asia.

i liked the song, if you know it, who knows you will probably like it too. lol. it is basically about Khurasan which is historically Afghanistan, parts of iran and parts of central asia.

I like it bro, even though I don't understand the lyrics. Send me a link to youtube or something so I can download the song.

Back
Top Bottom