What's new

Video: S Jaishankar Gets A Grand Welcome At Pentagon

Suriya

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Allah Rahem Keray - Did you see the clips of Ayub in US?

United States: Secretary of Defense Lloyd J Austin III hosts an honour cordon and welcomes External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar to the Pentagon

Proud moment for all indians .

Allah Rahem Keray - Did you see the clips of Ayub in US?
Yes that was very special .

shit Indians will be used abused and discarded! i hope indians are smarter than our Lumber 1 idiots!

Where's our bilo raani?

And wait indians you'll see the Grand welcome of our unofficial foreign minister Bajwa
He's on route to USA now

Good to see close cooperation between India and US. I would like to see India move away from reliance on Russian weapon systems. :coffee:

Good to see close cooperation between India and US. I would like to see India move away from reliance on Russian weapon systems. :coffee:
Just moving away from Russian weaponry would not end Indian woes. US and allies would never meaningfully assist Indian industries to build combat solutions in-house, because they don't want to give up the profits they are making right now, by selling off the shelf weapons to India.

Self reliance is the key...not jumping from one country to another
I agree, but practically speaking - it will take a while for India to develop technology to parry China even for a defensive confrontation. So I think India's defense cooperation with US is essential.

This is my foremost concern with Modi govt, they are damaging relations with West for few some term gains like discounted Russian oil. Let's face it, we need Western assistance in reducing reliance on Russian weapons and development of our indigenous defense industry through ToT. This would be damaging in the long run if west won't see us as reliable partner.

Just moving away from Russian weaponry would not end Indian woes. US and allies would never meaningfully assist Indian industries to build combat solutions in-house, because they don't want to give up the profits they are making right now, by selling off the shelf weapons to India.
Of course, India cannot match US-Pakistan cooperation level. But I think that it is in America's self interest to keep India sufficiently prepared to withstand a common adversary. Eventually, Indians will develop what India requires. It will take a while, but India will get there. :coffee:

Few days back Defense minister said USA is going to offer such an advanced technology to India he can't declare right now in public..... does this welcome has any connections with it?

This is my foremost concern with Modi govt, they are damaging relations with West for few some term gains like discounted Russian oil. Let's face it, we need Western assistance in reducing reliance on Russian weapons and development of our indigenous defense industry through ToT. This would be damaging in the long run if west won't see us as reliable partner.
Energy purchase from Russia is not subject to secondary sanctions yet. When that is in place, India will have to cooperate the same way that it had to stop Iranian oil purchase (during Trump regime). There was recent news that price cap on Russian oil imposed by G7 will be subject to secondary sanctions :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom