What's new

[Video] Propaganda video by Tolo making the rounds on social media

Seemed like pro-Karzai....Like all bad things started happening when Ghani stepped into power !

Cant understand the language but it seems pro democracy and anti talibuny.

What's propaganda in that? explain please.

prop·a·gan·da

1. information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Another way to think about it is: would you every see such a piece on the BBC, CNN, ABC, or say even RT? I would think not.

Tolo News purports to be Afghanistan's leading news source -- putting jingoistic videos is out of character for such a service.

prop·a·gan·da

1. information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Another way to think about it is: would you every see such a piece on the BBC, CNN, ABC, or say even RT? I would think not.

Tolo News purports to be Afghanistan's leading news source -- putting jingoistic videos is out of character for such a service.

And it contains clip of Ex TTP current ISIS taking ATs to kill somewhere @1:21, a glimpse of notorious video that emerged from Swat. Overall this was not totally Afghanistan centric. Poor job.

I don't see anything as such in that video.

The litmus test:

Actually add Dawn Tv to that too.

Too could very well have shown the piece as something that was created by say a third party and commented on it -- that it represents the aspirations of a certain demographic of Afghans.

Very little in the video by itself qualifies as:
1. news worthy
2. of journalistic quality

A lot of what is in the video does meet:
1. highly stylized
2. nationalistic/jinogistic
3. as @Color_Less_Sky pointed out -- there are pieces in the video that don't even pertain to Afghanistan.

Again I like to agree on litmus tests and then apply them.

Back
Top Bottom