What's new

Video of ACM tanvir Mehmood Ahmed interview

Nomi929

New Recruit

Reaction score
Here is some clips of PAF ACM Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed interview with Dawn News.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

P.S: Sorry for Video Quality. Recorded from my Mobile :pakistan:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff. Thank you for sharing. I wish i had dawn.. would have recorded it.

Thankyou Nomi 929! good stuff

ROSE Mirage with IFR probe at 3:20 in the following video. From the Nose of the Mirage, it seems to be a ROSEI aircraft (ones with GrifoM3 AI radar and BVR launch capability):

[video=google;-4312815326750918156]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312815326750918156&hl=en[/video]

:tup:

:tsk: this is so ugly to have a defence minster who does not know basic ABCD about defence.. by the looks of his face he did not care what ACM or other officers were talking about! looks like he was randomly chosen as a defence minister.. he could be comparable to Nasim asraaf as they both have no clue about their job..

Last edited:
Bro. He is from PPP not from PML(N).

By looking at his face expression and lack of intrest, it seems like someone is talking to him in Chinese and he didn't even understand a single word of that.

BTW Mirage @ 3:20 looks awesome, very similar to Mirage 2000.

The guy by the looks on his face seems like has no clue of whats going around or what is he briefed off? Hes looking like a complete idiot with no defence related knowledge but after all he is from PP, we shouldnt expect any better.

ROSE Mirage with IFR probe at 3:20 in the following video. From the Nose of the Mirage, it seems to be a ROSEI aircraft (ones with GrifoM3 AI radar and BVR launch capability):

Defence Minister visits PAC Kamra - 12th Sep 2008

:tup:

Blain sir if the mirages were indeed upgraded to fire a BVR then why was there never any real efforts made by the PAF until recently to buy or develop a BVR missile? Now i know we were under sactions then but we could have still managed to buy it off the shelve. Also during the 90s the sactions were only from the US and not from nations like France not until in 1998 when we finally tested our nukes.

The guy by the looks on his face seems like has no clue of whats going around or what is he briefed off? Hes looking like a complete idiot with no defence related knowledge but after all he is from PP, we shouldnt expect any better.

His job is simply to get the Armed Forces access to funding. What more can we expect from our politicians?:enjoy:

Blain sir if the mirages were indeed upgraded to fire a BVR then why was there never any real efforts made by the PAF until recently to buy or develop a BVR missile? Now i know we were under sactions then but we could have still managed to buy it off the shelve. Also during the 90s the sactions were only from the US and not from nations like France not until in 1998 when we finally tested our nukes.

Ice,

The sanctions were pretty much on from the entire West. PAF looked everywhere. There were two constraints. i) Sanctions, ii) Financial.

With a BVR missile, you not only need clearance from the exporting Country but also need to pay for the integration of these missiles with the radar. I believe PAF looked everywhere including South Africa and was rebuffed. The US denied the BVR solution to us. I do think the Grifo M3 was purchased from the Italians with some French or South African BVR solution, however I cannot prove it. Also the French charge an arm and a leg for all things (especially when they know they are the only suppliers).

Back
Top Bottom