What's new

Video: Journalist dissects IK relationship with Karachi.

PaklovesTurkiye

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

IK does have support base among Urdu Speakers but there is a debate going on as of now....He was never focused on Karachi, visited only handful times - for few hours only. And now again coming to look for sympathy....It should be remembered that PTI support probably was dwindling and on decline in Karachi until this recent fiasco/ouster occurred.

I hope my fellow city folks think of long term and does not become emotional - political parties just look for their own interests by fooling people's emotions.

To make sure PTI doesn't take Karachi for granted....MQM needs to pull a magic (immediate reforms/improvement in infra and job quota). It should be a tough fight b/w PTI and MQM.

Another Factor: Karachi has sizeable number of people/labour from other provinces. So even if Khan manages to bring lot of people, it would be interesting to see how many Urdu Speakers (Locals) are there.....

Will Khan correct his attitude towards Karachi? This is to be seen.

Khan has limited say in what he can do for Karachi after the 18th amendment which was basically the first step toward breaking Pakistan. Parties like N and PPP realized they cannot win on a national level anymore so they made sure that at least in the provinces they get the government and money to run that government. It is very easy to make videos and accuse Khan didn't do this or didn't do that, he cannot do much without the money which is already distributed to the provinces. If he wants to start any new projects, that will be done through ADB or other loans. Government cannot afford to start projects on loans all the time and even if they do, the other provinces will also come knocking on the door. This is like when the father distributes the pocket money among his children but one child says I need new shoes so the other children will also demand the same.

The only solution for Karachi is if PTI gets the government in Sindh or my personal solution is to make a new province called Karachi with Karachi to Gwadar everything inside this province. Sorry for you guys, you should continue to love PTI because IK is a genuine leader who really cares about Karachi. Unfortunately, even if you gave him all the NA seats but the rest of the illiterate province keeps handing the reigns to PPP and the likes, there is not much you can do. This is where dhandli is legal in my eyes and this is the only way to rid Sindh of this asshole Zardari and his dynasty.

I don't know why people keep saying that IK did not do enough for Karachi.

IK did not have control of the provincial or municipal governments. His hands were tied.

In fact, I would say Karachi got more than its share from the federal government, because the Sindh government refused to lift a finger.

Despite very limited resources, the fed govt, allocated funds for the green line, the KCR, and most importantly, repair of the major sewage lines of the city.

They even gave development funds for the repair of a number of major and minor streets.

All of this was supposed to be under the purview of the provincial government. But the federal government took on the responsibility.

Btw, I am from Karachi.

Only in Corruptistan can incompetent and criminal people run for government. Their supporters are just as bad and don't mind walking through sewage and rubbish on their way to work as long as a Bhutto or a Sharif rules over them.

I would say karachi is 60% with imran khan, i droveby quidazam mazar yestarday after iftari and i saw a good crowd already waiting.
People of pakistan are very patriotic and now feel cheated and are angry due to this drama by establishment.

Last edited:
Tomorrow Karachi Jalsa is important. It will set a direction for future Pakistani politics, especially Karachi / Sindh region.
Considering Khan's a crowd puller, I am pretty sure this will be the largest gathering Karachi has ever seen.
Everyone has seen the mellinium mall crowd. Brace yourself for this one.

IK does have support base among Urdu Speakers but there is a debate going on as of now....He was never focused on Karachi, visited only handful times - for few hours only. And now again coming to look for sympathy....It should be remembered that PTI support probably was dwindling and on decline in Karachi until this recent fiasco/ouster occurred.

I hope my fellow city folks think of long term and does not become emotional - political parties just look for their own interests by fooling people's emotions.

To make sure PTI doesn't take Karachi for granted....MQM needs to pull a magic (immediate reforms/improvement in infra and job quota). It should be a tough fight b/w PTI and MQM.

Another Factor: Karachi has sizeable number of people/labour from other provinces. So even if Khan manages to bring lot of people, it would be interesting to see how many Urdu Speakers (Locals) are there.....

His attitude will not change. He never visited his own constituency like in 7 years and you’re expecting him to do wonders for KHI.

The issue is not pti not even mqm but the 18th amendment. You have to cure the root cause not the symptoms of root cause.

Karachi and Hyderabad should vote for pti.

Hey quick question for a legally competent person:- to do an amendment, what exactly is required? Is it just 2/3rds in the National Assembly? Or is it also 2/3rds in the senate? Do you also need 2/3rds in the provincial houses?

If you have 2/3rds in NA but not in senate can you pass in joint sitting? Can a referendum be used to make a constitutional amendment

here is the catch

since the protest is nationwide
its evident that karachi jalsa will have high majority of locals

outsiders are staying their respective cities

PTI did more for Karachi then any other party after 18th amendment. Federal govt hands were tied yet they provided funds for gutters, roads, ganda nalas, water schemes, metro bus etc all provincial govt job after huge transfer of NFC money.

Good luck with MQM/PPP partnership. MQM was responsible for 18th amendment and decade later they still cry about it. Same will happen now. They sold muhajir votes for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom