What's new

Vidar-36 SSK - A JV Option for PN

Reaction score
BMT unveils Vidar-36 submarine design

BMT Defence Services, a subsidiary of BMT Group, has unveiled its Vidar-36 design for an extremely capable and flexible, 3,600 tonne, conventional (SSK) submarine.
BMT's Vidar-36 offers navies:
ocean-spanning reach, presence and persistence
multiple-mission versatility in both ocean and coastal waters
land-attack, anti-surface, anti-submarine and special operations capabilities
silent and covert operation
high levels of reliability, achieved through design excellence and by using proven commercial and military off-the-shelf technology
BMT's naval architects and engineers have developed the innovative Vidar-36 whole-platform design in-house. BMT InSpira, BMT's multi-disciplinary research and design development team, provided design guidance.
Roger Cooper, Managing Director of BMT Defence Services, says: "BMT has an ongoing investment programme in Research and Development and is committed to sustaining the UK submarine design capability. As part of this programme, and offering impressive capabilities and outstanding operational flexibility in an affordable SSK platform, Vidar-36 is a design for the times."
Vidar-36 can be tailored to meet a navy's particular requirements. Simon Binns, Vidar project team leader at BMT Defence Services, says: "From the start, Vidar-36 has been designed for flexibility and adaptability; for example modular spaces onboard include a payload bay, mast bays and a weapons stowage compartment."
Options available include extended-range capabilities, a dry/wet deck hangar, reelable high-frequency communication systems, reelable towed array, and special operations mission packages. As another option, Vidar-36 can launch, operate and recover autonomous underwater vehicles and tethered unmanned underwater vehicles.
A diesel-electric submarine with an optional air-independent propulsion system, Vidar-36 has a length of 79 metres and a beam of up to 8.4 metres. Its other features include:
a long range of 9,000 nautical miles
a maximum operating depth of over 200 metres
an advanced combat system
six 21in torpedo tubes and space and delivery systems for a total of 18 torpedoes and missiles, or up to 36 mines
a full suite of sensors including active and passive cylindrical, flank and intercept sonar arrays, and mine and obstacle avoidance sonar
satellite communications, radar, and electronic warfare support measures
communications interoperability and net-centric warfare compatibility
superior standards of crew accommodation, facilitating extended patrols
UDT Europe/RINA Warship 2008: Naval Submarines 9 (10-12 June in Glasgow) - BMT Defence Services will present a paper at the RINA Warship 2008: Naval Submarines 9 conference setting out the technical capabilities of Vidar-36, and will also be exhibiting at UDT Europe.

I don't see any chance of PN being involved in JV because of no money……:tdwn:
they have pending Covertees deal,submarines deal,they wanna lease two destroyers and have nothing in pocket……
PN even can't slect type 054A and slected F-23P because of financial issues……
There are also plans for Naval Air Arm and finances are required to set up base at Gawadar……

I think there is a bigger problem at grand strategic level of planning which is the harbinger of present state of negligible allotment of funds to PN. Current year PN's budget is dangerously low at Rs.62 Billion, in 2010 it was around Rs. 82 Billion. Now i am unable to comprehend what has happened to our military planners :O

i think china is the only option
soft loan they can provide also

I don't see any chance of PN being involved in JV because of no money……:tdwn:
they have pending Covertees deal,submarines deal,they wanna lease two destroyers and have nothing in pocket……
PN even can't slect type 054A and slected F-23P because of financial issues……
There are also plans for Naval Air Arm and finances are required to set up base at Gawadar……

What is F-23P? Never heared about it. F-22P block 2 were discussed to be procured.

I think there is a bigger problem at grand strategic level of planning which is the harbinger of present state of negligible allotment of funds to PN. Current year PN's budget is dangerously low at Rs.62 Billion, in 2010 it was around Rs. 82 Billion. Now i am unable to comprehend what has happened to our military planners :O

You are 100% right. Although this was the time that PN should be given funds in terms of modernizing its facilities in Karachi, making newer and modern base in Gawadar South East and West. Also modernizing the Ormara base as well.

More over they should be given money to do JV with Turkish or EU on Patrol/Attack Boats, hover crafts, STUS, Landing Crafts, Tankers(16000 tons and 25000 tons) and other Auxiliary vessels including developing Commercial Oil, Gas, Cargo and Container ships as well.

Partnering with China on Frigates, Corvettes and FAC, also JV with Germans or UK/France on SSKs.

bmt-vidar-design-portfolio-2.jpg

bmt-vidar-design-portfolio-3.jpg

bmt-vidar-design-portfolio-4.jpg

bmt-vidar-design-portfolio-5.jpg

bmt-vidar-design-portfolio.jpg

What is F-23P? Never heared about it. F-22P block 2 were discussed to be procured.

it was a mis spell i was mentioning F-22P but there is nothing like F-22P block 2……
F-22P upgraded version ordered by PN is termed as F-23P……:coffee:

it was a mis spell i was mentioning F-22P but there is nothing like F-22P block 2……

Have we paid the loan of 1st 4 f-22s?

if Pakistan had some money, maybe this would be the best: The concept looks amazing.

BMT SSGT Submarine | BMT Defence Services

The SSGT design from BMT offers a high speed, long endurance transit capability, made possible by an innovative propulsion design.

SSGT’s range, speed and endurance, both when in transit and on station, are wholly beyond the capabilities of current and forthcoming SSKs. BMT's concept design offers high mobility through key features including:

sustained transits at 20 knots for many thousands of nautical miles
fully covert mobility on station for at least 25 days whilst operating a high capability combat suite
high speed ‘sprints’ up to 30 knots to gain tactical advantage
The versatility and endurance capabilities that SSGT can sustain are made possible by an innovative propulsion design, which uses twin independent gas turbine-alternator sets, housed in the ‘bulb’ on top of the fin. When semi-submerged, SSGT can operate at a fast transit mode, achieved by its gas turbines burning kerosene with air inducted through an extendible mast.

When SSGT has slower, more covert requirements, services and propulsion power is provided by fuel cell stacks using the reaction of hydrogen with air drawn in through a snort mast. On station, covert tactical mobility is achieved using the fuel cells in full Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) mode. In this mode, sprints of up to 30 knots are made possible by power drawn from a large advanced Zebra battery.

BMT's SSGT design includes a flexible mix of vertical and horizontal weapon discharge tubes, as well as UUV stowage to satisfy a range of mission profiles. These systems have sufficient energy stored to operate them.

if Pakistan had some money, maybe this would be the best: The concept looks amazing.

The SSGT design from BMT offers a high speed, long endurance transit capability, made possible by an innovative propulsion design.

SSGT’s range, speed and endurance, both when in transit and on station, are wholly beyond the capabilities of current and forthcoming SSKs. BMT's concept design offers high mobility through key features including:

sustained transits at 20 knots for many thousands of nautical miles
fully covert mobility on station for at least 25 days whilst operating a high capability combat suite
high speed ‘sprints’ up to 30 knots to gain tactical advantage
The versatility and endurance capabilities that SSGT can sustain are made possible by an innovative propulsion design, which uses twin independent gas turbine-alternator sets, housed in the ‘bulb’ on top of the fin. When semi-submerged, SSGT can operate at a fast transit mode, achieved by its gas turbines burning kerosene with air inducted through an extendible mast.

When SSGT has slower, more covert requirements, services and propulsion power is provided by fuel cell stacks using the reaction of hydrogen with air drawn in through a snort mast. On station, covert tactical mobility is achieved using the fuel cells in full Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) mode. In this mode, sprints of up to 30 knots are made possible by power drawn from a large advanced Zebra battery.

BMT's SSGT design includes a flexible mix of vertical and horizontal weapon discharge tubes, as well as UUV stowage to satisfy a range of mission profiles. These systems have sufficient energy stored to operate them.

would it be 3600 tons?

from my perspective PN needs such submarine but I think they are building one 5000-7000 tons N-Subs.

i dont see pn are serious for subs for last decade only news

Yeah! But PN needs to talk to Govt. to give them some money in order to do JV with Germany or any other on Submarines:
3000 Tons SSKs
1400-1600 Tons Coastal SSKs
110 Tons for Special Forces deployment submarines being carried by Logistical Tanker ships.

Other than their own N-Submarine....

Really, by whom? Anyone official? Source polease.

Back
Top Bottom