What's new

Verna (2017) - Trailer Reaction/ Review

It is not clear whether in this case the producer owned the rights, or the rights were owned by the writer. It all depends upon the contract they had with each other in 1979. If the writer owns the rights, then they already have him on board. If the producer owned the rights, then they need to get them from him; and very surprised that they are thinking about it now upon film completion, rather than at the start.

Plus why is it inappropriate for Islamabad audience, while being ok for Rawalpindi audience? Punjab hasn't banned the film. I think this whole idea of censor boards being owned by individual provinces is a dumb idea and has done nothing but cause confusion and unnecessary attention seeking behavior in the case of Maalik, NMA2 and now Verna.

Maalik was pretty intense, Pakistani cinema should celebrate all types of movies - it’s not always about fluff.

Pakistani cinema should celebrate all types of movies - it’s not always about fluff
It comes down to a basic question. Whether cinema is supposed to be just entertainment, just art, or just mass communication mechanism. In reality every film is all three, and not restricted to just one of them. But different people believe different things, and that is what drives the lack of cohesion on these censor board actions.

The most IDIOTIC film ever witnessed by man kind.
So mahiras character gets raped for three non stop days by a politicans son and when she is returned back home noone at home supports her. She has no forensic evidence of rape as rape kit is required to be done within 72 hrs of rape.

Then she visits a lawyer and they hatch a plan that she will go back to the rapist , yeah go back to the rapist right after 12 days of being raped nonstop for 3 days after being tied , she will get raped by the rapist again though this time it will be a voluntary rape and then she will collect rape kit from here and will take him to court.

And the genius lawyer tells Mahiras husband that assume your wife was not abducted for three days just assume she was gone for four days and this new voluntary rape will be equal to fourth day of her being kept in his captivity and raped.

BUAGAGAGAGAGAGAAHH! Yeah thats the torture all layered out on celluloid for you.

BUAGAGAGAGAGAGAAHH! Yeah thats the torture all layered out on celluloid for you.

If you are going to spoil a movie, then you need to give at least a SPOILER warning before the paragraph.

If you are going to spoil a movie, then you need to give at least a SPOILER warning before the paragraph.

I think i saved the public a lot of agony to get from watching this crap. So i consider my post a public service. But i am sorry if i ruined it for you.

Public Service is fine, and a noble thought. But you have to provide the public service if someone asks for it. It is just your opinion, as the movie has already made 9CR essentially by word of mouth after a very weak opening, with an extremely rated, disturbing and explicit theme/ dialogue. So there are obviously a lot of people who thought of it positively.

Spoiler Alert is the most common courtesy that we give to others when discussing movies. It gives the choice to the reader whether they want to listen to your opinion further or not.

So mahiras character gets raped for three non stop days by a politicans son and when she is returned back home noone at home supports her. She has no forensic evidence of rape as rape kit is required to be done within 72 hrs of rape.

Then she visits a lawyer and they hatch a plan that she will go back to the rapist , yeah go back to the rapist right after 12 days of being raped nonstop for 3 days after being tied , she will get raped by the rapist again though this time it will be a voluntary rape and then she will collect rape kit from here and will take him to court.

And the genius lawyer tells Mahiras husband that assume your wife was not abducted for three days just assume she was gone for four days and this new voluntary rape will be equal to fourth day of her being kept in his captivity and raped.

:o:

Yup it totally made a joke out of rape. Its abomination. It happens when you get too overconfident about stuff you write. He perhaps did not bother consulting his script with anyone else. Heck even if he had met some real rape victims he would have known the gravity of the atrocity.

Back
Top Bottom