What's new

Verna (2017) - Trailer Reaction/ Review

True. I think if you look at Ho Mann Jahan, it was a very basic film. But made 20CR worldwide (15CR in Pakistan), in my view, just because of Mahira Khan. So I am thinking 15-20CR should be expected from Verna, and it may even touch 25CR if everything lines up for them.
and see Bin Royee it Hardly made 10 Crore in Pakistan in its total 40 crore earnings.

The trailer looks cool & managed to grab my attention. But the plot is copied from drama “Mora Piya”.

They're remaking that? Oh no, a legendary classic is going to be ruined. Nothing can come close to Sultan Rahi.

They are remaking it with fawad khan and hamza Ali Abbasi. I'm interested to see what the modern day take will be.

Maula Jatt in trouble

This is very odd, given that the project has been going on for at least 4 years, and it was very well known that Lashari is remaking Maula Jatt. I would find it very surprising that they did not seek copyright approval from the original makers.

Usually these things are resolved very easily by giving the original copyright holder a cut from the new movie's box office revenue. Which is also how I think this one will pan out.

Apparently this movie is also banned now. They said it was Shoaib Mansoor's boldest film yet. I thought it was not possible to be bolder than BOL (2011). But apparently this one was as this won't even get a release, at least in Isbd. Hopefully, the censor board will come to its senses, just give it an adult rating, and move on.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 9.15.41 PM.png

Apparently this movie is also banned now. They said it was Shoaib Mansoor's boldest film yet. I thought it was not possible to be bolder than BOL (2011). But apparently this one was as this won't even get a release, at least in Isbd. Hopefully, the censor board will come to its senses, just give it an adult rating, and move on.

View attachment 436766

So we will not be able to see it ?

This is very odd, given that the project has been going on for at least 4 years, and it was very well known that Lashari is remaking Maula Jatt. I would find it very surprising that they did not seek copyright approval from the original makers.

Usually these things are resolved very easily by giving the original copyright holder a cut from the new movie's box office revenue. Which is also how I think this one will pan out.
Bilal Lashari has apparently approached the writer for authorisation. However, the producer owns the rights and has threatened to sue.

View attachment 436766

This is so stupid. Turning a blind eye to social issues doesn’t mean they don’t exist. The other reason why it won’t be released is because it ties in with political power.

Bilal Lashari has apparently approached the writer for authorisation. However, the producer owns the rights and has threatened to sue.
It is not clear whether in this case the producer owned the rights, or the rights were owned by the writer. It all depends upon the contract they had with each other in 1979. If the writer owns the rights, then they already have him on board. If the producer owned the rights, then they need to get them from him; and very surprised that they are thinking about it now upon film completion, rather than at the start.

This is so stupid. Turning a blind eye to social issues doesn’t mean they don’t exist. The other reason why it won’t be released is because it ties in with political power.
Plus why is it inappropriate for Islamabad audience, while being ok for Rawalpindi audience? Punjab hasn't banned the film. I think this whole idea of censor boards being owned by individual provinces is a dumb idea and has done nothing but cause confusion and unnecessary attention seeking behavior in the case of Maalik, NMA2 and now Verna.

Back
Top Bottom