What's new

Verdict of the nation: Days of terrorists are numbered, says Nawaz

Everyone is aware of these factors, and if you can entertain my view for a moment, then I say that they purposely made it look so comprehensive that it becomes unachievable. This way both the parties are satisfied: Supporters of the fanatics will rest assured that nothing will happen, and the government can always claim that it made an effort, that too with a holistic approach.

People will go quiet for some time, and attacks will continue. By the time people realize that they got duped, they will have already become too numb and too tired to make anymore noise.

Otherwise, this would not have happened at all: Sectarian terrorists will be dealt with iron-hands <- Click on the link and have a look at their iron-hand judgment.
Its not the same every time. Our government has prolonged things as much as it could. Now army is in control. If you ask me I trust the army chief. He's going in the right direction. He's sincere and he knows the tactics these politicians use. Do you think nawaz was willing to hang the terrorists? So clearly he's being controlled for good. We're hopeful this time.

• Special courts headed by the officers of armed forces will be established for the speedy trial of terrorists
That is the only thing that makes me have hope that this is not empty politics is that there will be military courts with military involvement there is hope for Pakistan to control militancy. I just hope the police do not go arresting everyone or anyone and there is no abuse of these laws.

Its not the same every time. Our government has prolonged things as much as it could. Now army is in control. If you ask me I trust the army chief. He's going in the right direction. He's sincere and he knows the tactics these politicians use. Do you think nawaz was willing to hang the terrorists? So clearly he's being controlled for good. We're hopeful this time.
I trust the Army chief too, I have been watching lots of news regarding steps, actions and trips he took for last many months, to me he appears to be a no nonsense and utterly sincere in his actions, the fact that he is very much leading this battle and the fact that he does not derail democracy but sits behind it and motivates to take right actions, have increased the hope factor.

I trust the Army chief too, I have been watching lots of news regarding steps, actions and trips he took for last many months, to me he appears to be a no nonsense and utterly sincere in his actions, the fact that he is very much leading this battle and the fact that he does not derail democracy but sits behind it and motivates to take right actions, have increased the hope factor.
Completely agree with you.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday said that terrorism and extremism will be fought by all means available and all measures will be taken to ensure success as he took the nation into confidence over the national plan to counter terrorism, devised through a consensus between parliamentary leaders and the military leadership, Express Newsreported.

The plan was forged after 149 people, mostly schoolchildren, were killed when Taliban gunmen attacked an army-run school in Peshawar on December 16.
The government convened a meeting of all parliamentary parties to devise a plan to decisively counter terrorism. Parliamentarians had on Wednesday finalised proposals following a marathon 11-hour meeting at the PM House.
Read our report of the meeting here.

Comments of the Army chief can be read here.
All stories related to the Peshawar school attack can be read here.
end-of-live-updates-625.jpg

12:35am

Pakistan’s soil will not be used for terrorism against any country, and we hope that no country will allow its soil to be used for terrorism against Pakistan, says Nawaz.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
12:32am

Nawaz termed the plan a historical achievement, and congratulated the political leadership of the country. He also appreciated the role of armed forces.
12:31am

As a father I can understand how heavy these coffins were for their parents.
With their blood, our children have drawn a line between us and terrorists, says Nawaz.
12:24am

Detailing the 20-point national action plan, Nawaz says:
  • After the Peshawar incident, government decided to proceed with the execution of extremists convicted in terror related cases. Government has already started with its implementation
  • Special courts, headed by the officers of armed forces, will be established for the speedy trial of terrorists. These courts will be established for the term of two years
  • Formation of armed militia will not be allowed in the country
  • Nacta will be revived and made effective
  • There will be a crackdown on hate-speech, and action will be taken against newspapers, magazines contributing to the spread of such speech
  • Financial sources of terrorists and terror organisations will be cut
  • Banned outfits will not be allowed to operate under different names
  • Special anti-terrorism force will be raised
  • Measures will be taken to stop religious extremism and to protect minorities
  • Madrassas will be regularised and reformed
  • Print and electronic media will not be allowed to give any space to terrorists
  • Keeping the rehabilitation of IDPs as the top most priority, administrative and development reforms in FATA will be expedited
  • Communication system of terrorist organisations will be destroyed
  • Social media and internet will not be allowed to be used by terrorists to spread propaganda and hate speech, though exact process for that will be finalised
  • Like the rest of the country, no space will be given to extremism in any part of the Punjab
  • Operation against terrorists in Karachi will be taken to its logical conclusion
  • In the interest of political reconciliation, Balochistan government will be given complete authority by all stakeholders
  • Elements spreading sectarian violence will be prosecuted
  • Comprehensive policy will be formed for registration of Afghan refugees
  • To give provincial intelligence agencies access to communication of terrorists and to strengthen anti-terror agencies through basic reforms in the criminal justice system. Constitutional amendments and legislations will be carried out for this purpose
12:15am

Prime Minister addressing the nation.
Terrorists have targeted our future by attacking Army Public School in Peshawar and killing over 130 children, says prime minister.
Sacrifices of our children will not go in vain.
Terrorists will have to pay the price for their heinous act, and they will pay soon, says Nawaz.
After assuming power in May last year, the government took the menace of terrorism seriously. After talks failed with the extremist elements, in June this year Operation Zarb-e-Azb was launched. Terrorists started targeting innocent children after being forced into the corner.
But let me assure them that we have pledged to eliminate the menace of terrorism.
Pakistan has changed after Peshawar incident, now there is no space for extremism, terrorism, sectarianism and intolerance, says Nawaz adding that “We will not only eliminate terrorism, will abolish the ideology of extremism.”
He added that the plan had been unanimously approved after a marathon 10-hour long meeting.

Verdict of the nation: Days of terrorists are numbered, says Nawaz – The Express Tribune

he has no other choice.....

Not exactly a choice but way to get around to his promises as he always does. we "shall" do these, many a times this shall never materializes until when people have lost the sight of the problem.

Bravo to the Pak PM - this is an excellent plan.

There will be a crackdown on hate-speech, and action will be taken against newspapers, magazines contributing to the spread of such speech

This. There has been a gradual change in social etiquette in recent years, where it's become acceptable to spew hatred and bigotry against other sects and religions openly. Once people start to understand this, it will be the beginning of a real civil reformation.

Bravo to the Pak PM - this is an excellent plan.

This. There has been a gradual change in social etiquette in recent years, where it's become acceptable to spew hatred and bigotry against other sects and religions openly. Once people start to understand this, it will be the beginning of a real civil reformation.

Let's see if IK allows him to focus on implementation or there will be another 100 days long anarchy in Islamabad.

Let's see if IK allows him to focus on implementation or there will be another 100 days long anarchy in Islamabad.

Yes, you'd hope last week's drinks and chill-out time have been used to reach a collective agreement. But then again a U-turn is never far away from some...

one question
why address the nation when most of it is sleeping

You just answered yourself "sleeping nation", that's the way corrupt politicians like it.

The fact is Pakistan is run & surrounded by even dangerous terrorists "politicians", they are ready to defend the corrupt system & they are ready to unite to save themselves.

I will say this again, if judicial commissions, whatever F**K committees, APC's & so on could had anything for Pakistan then Pakistan would had been No. 1 country in the world, the best in the world. The question you all should be asking what has all this given to Pakistan, has it even given anything to Pakistan? because all I see is these corrupt bastards taking every single penny from Pakistan in the name of Constitution, so & so Amendments & jabroni justice. Now I have beginning to think that is Constitution so dam holy that corrupt politicians love it so much & threat PA on if they break the constitution they will punished? I see 2 biggest corrupt jabronis united to save Constitution & the corrupt system, they are politicians & judges.

Bro don't dismiss your constitution so lightly.

Remember what it actually is: the agreement between all your citizens to live together under agreed rules. God made every man an individual, men have agreed to cooperate as a state. This is a massive endeavour.

People struggle to even keep a social club united under their membership rules, so can you imagine how much willpower and loyalty is required to keep a country together and for members to stick to the rules?

So is it fair that when millions of people are struggling and slaving to live within these rules and uphold their agreement, that the PA should be above it?

Just because the PA is the best player, will you can't change the rules of the game for him?

We also need to weed out hidden scum among our ranks

519.jpg

Last edited:
Not exactly a choice but way to get around to his promises as he always does. we "shall" do these, many a times this shall never materializes until when people have lost the sight of the problem.

if you look around these days, its not nawaz that is running the show, its behind the scenes men in uniform that are making him do these, otherwise what do you think will nawaz had done these or actually even spoke of these things..... i mean military courts, whats does this means, it means that civil system have failed to deliver.....

if you look around these days, its not nawaz that is running the show, its behind the scenes men in uniform that are making him do these, otherwise what do you think will nawaz had done these or actually even spoke of these things..... i mean military courts, whats does this means, it means that civil system have failed to deliver.....

Pretty much, the pressure on him is huge from both awam as well as military. Obviously if he fails to act like a leader, good odds of him being cast away but if he does succeed he will be the biggest winner in this whole play where still major role has been played by military.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom