What's new

😮🤯 Using AI to restore old black and white footage of the US

Unreal!! Wow!!! The AI turned crap 1905 footage into something viewable.

Where the above film starts

Grant's tomb:

Pier57/Empire State building

Last edited:

Unreal!! Wow!!!

Where the above film starts

Grant's tomb:

Pier57/Empire State building

I really love watching these videos - esp 190X's once - you realised that people were quite sophisticated and the technology more advanced than you imagined.

Look at the classy dress everyone is wearing on streets. What happened to people in these 100 years?.

Look at the classy dress everyone is wearing on streets. What happened to people in these 100 years?.
The 1960's hippies and their "Casual Revolution".

Dateline 1967: The 50th Anniversary Of Slob Nation​

I really love watching these videos - esp 190X's once - you realised that people were quite sophisticated and the technology more advanced than you imagined.

So many times I have had to post that the "Modern World" didn't start in the 1990's. Many things we have today in 2023 were also available at least 100 years ago in 1923 too...if not way before in the 1800's.

I consider ~1880 with the start of building electrical powerplants around the world as the beginning of the "Modern World". Electrification just led to an explosion of modern conveniences very quickly...like switching elevators from unreliable steam to something more dependable thus making taller multi-story buildings realistic.

Last edited:
The 1960's hippies and their "Casual Revolution".

Dateline 1967: The 50th Anniversary Of Slob Nation​

So many times I have had to post that the "Modern World" didn't start in the 1990's. Many things we have today in 2023 were also available at least 100 years ago in 1923 too...if not way before in the 1800's.

I consider ~1880 with the start of building electrical powerplants around the world as the beginning of the "Modern World". Electrification just led to an explosion of modern conveniences very quickly...like switching elevators from unreliable steam to something more dependable thus making taller multi-story buildings realistic.
As they said, we are just living in a better version of 1920. Whatever we have now, we had it back then, sure, the car can go faster, the computer are smaller and faster, video are clearer and higher definition, but whatever we have now we already had them back in 1920s. Maybe not internet.

thats amazing

almost did a bit of time travel there

Back
Top Bottom