What's new

US to execute mentally disabled woman

You are more correct than you realize about human behavior. As a motorcyclist, I dread losing my bike for any reason. Same for anyone who love his car. Am willing to bet that if, instead of gradations of financial levies based upon how much more over the posted speed limits was the violation, how about we automatically impound for 30 days any vehicle from any operator busted for speeding? People would howl themselves hoarse about the excessive punishment but am willing to bet dollars-to-doughnuts that speeding would drop overnight.

Along with the U.S. economy. :yahoo:

A society like that i agree as death for them is embedded into their culture. Not for the U.S. though it has been modernized into a forum of revenge and nothing more.

You use the word vengeance. I would use justice.

As for her supposed lack of mental ability... she is not a drooling idiot. She orchestrated a brutal murder for money scheme. I'd say anyone who does that is not the sharpest knife in the drawer to begin with. The question - did she know right from wrong? Of course she did.

By that logic, we should do away with prisons or speeding tickets because people still commit robberies, assaults, and drive over the speed limits.

I don't have any beef in capital punishment. There is no negetive corelation between capital punishmnet and murder/homicide rates.
Prisons are needed to separate the bad guys from the general population and ofcourse for punishment. Speeding tickets are pure BS. There maybe a ticket for reckless driving.

Ah, the freedom of driving in Autobahn !!!!!!!!!!!!

Priceless !!!

Why dont they use saudi style execution by beheadding?? Its least painful i have heard since the brain and body link is disconnected in blink of an eye.

Why dont they use saudi style execution by beheadding?? Its least painful i have heard since the brain and body link is disconnected in blink of an eye.

I've heard rumors that some people stays conscious for a couple of seconds when they get beheaded. There is this story of this executioner who did an experiment during the French Revolution. He told the prisoner to blink after he got decapitated and the prisoner's head actually blinked! Makes me shudder everytime I think about it...

I've heard rumors that some people stays conscious for a couple of seconds when they get beheaded. There is this story of this executioner who did an experiment during the French Revolution. He told the prisoner to blink after he got decapitated and the prisoner's head actually blinked! Makes me shudder everytime I think about it...

People that also say something at that moment can actually finish their sentence. (though no sound comes out but the mouth moves forming the words) Scary stuff.

But, they won't feel pain because it can't get any signals from the spine.

But, they won't feel pain because it can't get any signals from the spine.

The scary part is not the pain but the fact that you are aware that your head is leaving your body!
People that also say something at that moment can actually finish their sentence. (though no sound comes out but the mouth moves forming the words) Scary stuff.

I have no vocal cord (mouth) and I must scream. Shudders :confused:.

Back
Top Bottom