What's new

US suspect possibly targeted for drone attack

Many many times more Pakistani civilian non combatants are being killed by the TTP and Pakistan Army itself. What is your point? That Pakistani blood is cheap? Or that others should respect that blood when those who are supposed to protect them do not respect or protect them themselves?

Many many times more Pakistani civilian non combatants are being killed by the TTP and Pakistan Army itself. What is your point? That Pakistani blood is cheap? Or that others should respect that blood when those who are supposed to protect them do not respect or protect them themselves?
So that justifies what USA does?

So that justifies what USA does?

What USA does needs to be justified to its own citizens, just as what is happening to Pakistanis within Pakistan needs to be explained by the Pakistani Government to its own citizens. Each government is answerable to its own citizens, and that is where the questions must be directed.

What USA does needs to be justified to its own citizens, just as what is happening to Pakistanis within Pakistan needs to be explained by the Pakistani Government to its own citizens. Each government is answerable to its own citizens, and that is where the questions must be directed.
Nope...each govt is answerable for their actions no matter where they take place....it is ridiculous to say what you say because that way "mistakes" can be brushed under the carpet as it is happening...while every American death is taken like a 10 fold nuclear attack!

Nope...each govt is answerable for their actions no matter where they take place....it is ridiculous to say what you say because that way "mistakes" can be brushed under the carpet as it is happening...while every American death is taken like a 10 fold nuclear attack!

Each government is answerable to its own citizens only. The citizens are the ones to hold their own governments to account.

On what basis do you state what you did above?

Each government is answerable to its own citizens only. The citizens are the ones to hold their own governments to account.

On what basis do you state what you did above?
I feel its useless talking to you coz we are going in circles...Kindly do not quote me ....No one can help a blind if he doesnt want to be helped!

I feel its useless talking to you coz we are going in circles...Kindly do not quote me ....No one can help a blind if he doesnt want to be helped!

So you have no basis upon which to make your claim that governments are answerable to citizens and non-citizens alike?

So you have no basis upon which to make your claim that governments are answerable to citizens and non-citizens alike?
No, using your logic I do not need to answer to you...I only answer my people! :tup:

U.S. is answerable just to its own citizen . Same with every nation state . If anyone things otherwise , that's just pipe dreams .

No, using your logic I do not need to answer to you...I only answer my people! :tup:

Actually, that is not true, since this is a public conversation between forum members, where there is no legal requirement to be citizens of any country in particular. The real question is whether governments are answerable to their citizens only or not. You made a claim and I am only trying to understand the basis upon which it can be supported, if at all.

Actually, that is not true, since this is a public conversation between forum members, where there is no legal requirement to be citizens of any country in particular. The real question is whether governments are answerable to their citizens only or not. You made a claim and I am only trying to understand the basis upon which it can be supported, if at all.
Well, ethically speaking anyone is accountable for their crimes and to anyone asking! A crime is a crime whether done by a king or a pauper!
A government is doing public service...American public service is every now and then "borrowed" to other countries....if it does a mistake, it is accountable for whomever it is servicing...That is why monitoring bodies are made to ensure no govt is suppressing or misusing power....however, in America's case it itself is the monitoring and tweaking body...No one is monitoring it and hence the more worry about mistakes it makes!

Now just because no one is monitoring it doesnt mean that it is not accountable to anyone but its citizens....I am talking about ethics while you keep dragging in any wrong that is already happening....i.e. no monitoring hence misuse!

Now the question arises what gives America the right to not treat the citizens of the country it is "servicing" as human beings or at least equal to its own citizens?? Why is 1 American more important than any number of other citizens?

How do you not see that as disrespectful?
The country yelling about ethics just flushed ethics down when the torch was pointed at them?

Well, ethically speaking anyone is accountable for their crimes and to anyone asking! A crime is a crime whether done by a king or a pauper!
A government is doing public service...American public service is every now and then "borrowed" to other countries....if it does a mistake, it is accountable for whomever it is servicing...That is why monitoring bodies are made to ensure no govt is suppressing or misusing power....however, in America's case it itself is the monitoring and tweaking body...No one is monitoring it and hence the more worry about mistakes it makes!

Now just because no one is monitoring it doesnt mean that it is not accountable to anyone but its citizens....I am talking about ethics while you keep dragging in any wrong that is already happening....i.e. no monitoring hence misuse!

Now the question arises what gives America the right to not treat the citizens of the country it is "servicing" as human beings or at least equal to its own citizens?? Why is 1 American more important than any number of other citizens?

How do you not see that as disrespectful?
The country yelling about ethics just flushed ethics down when the torch was pointed at them?

I see that your basic issue is that there is no monitoring body over the US government? But there is: the US citizenry. They sit in judgement on the activities of their government every four years and do what needs to be done, either with continuity or with change. The next judgement is due in 2016.

I see that your basic issue is that there is no monitoring body over the US government? But there is: the US citizenry. They sit in judgement on the activities of their government every four years and do what needs to be done, either with continuity or with change. The next judgement is due in 2016.
So our faith lies in their hands? Does that not sound like slavery?

So our faith lies in their hands? Does that not sound like slavery?

No, all it means is that it is the citizens to whom every government must answer. If there is any question of a lack of freedoms, it must be asked of their own government, and systems changed where needed or demanded.

No, all it means is that it is the citizens to whom every government must answer. If there is any question of a lack of freedoms, it must be asked of their own government, and systems changed where needed or demanded.
If no one can "control" America it shouldnt be allowed to roam about ...that is autocrat! And why should the whole world pay for Americans mistakes? Bush was a big mistake for the world thanks to Americans!

No one "questioned him"
No one punished him...

And he for sure never answered to his people! I am not sure how you see that as ok?

Back
Top Bottom