What's new

US Politics

He was probably the only candidate that she could beat.
Disagree, I think she would have had a far easier time of it versus any of the other 16 he destroyed in the primaries. There might be a lot to criticize him on, but between the two, and in the absence of Bernie, he is the populist candidate here.

A lot the criticism of Trump also amounts to "he said mean things", that is superficial compared to Clinton's actual record in office, as the secretary of state, having presided over disaster after disaster.. The incumbency thing also statistically goes against her, the polls have been tightening, Trump avoided any major gaffes tonight..

I think we're in for a photo finish :pop:

Disagree, I think she would have had a far easier time of it versus any of the other 16 he destroyed in the primaries. There might be a lot to criticize him on, but between the two, and in the absence of Bernie, he is the populist candidate here.

A lot the criticism of Trump also amounts to "he said mean things", that is superficial compared to Clinton's actual record in office, as the secretary of state, having presided over disaster after disaster.. The incumbency thing also statistically goes against her, the polls have been tightening, Trump avoided any major gaffes tonight..

I think we're in for a photo finish :pop:

That's just because Republicans went full retard on their candidates.When you have "let's ban dildos" Cruz as your poster boy,you deserve Trump.

I'm going to write in Jean-Luc Picard or Kathryn Janeway.

How Hillary Clinton Played Trump for a Fool

Before Monday night’s debate, we all read that Hillary Clinton was planning to bait Donald Trump and that Donald Trump was blowing off debate practice. Two typical responses from jaded readers: 1) If that were Clinton’s real plan, she’d be hiding it. 2) Trump is obviously trying to set expectations low.

But never underestimate the power of incompetence. As it turns out, the pre-debate leaks seem to have been accurate: Clinton baited Trump, and Trump showed up unprepared. So what happened then? Clinton won. If we were to write it as a play:

Clinton campaign pre-debate: We’re going to bait Trump and make him lose his cool.

Trump campaign pre-debate: Whatever.

Hillary Clinton: Bait.

Trump: Loses cool.

All of this was undoubtedly a relief to supporters of Clinton and opponents of Trump, but it was also astonishing. Trump’s performance was, as political strategist David Axelrod noted on CNN afterward, “inexplicable.” For Trump to win, he had to do one thing: look sane. What he did: look not sane. He had to follow a simple set of rules: stay on message; have a prepared response to the obvious attacks; and keep his wits about him when baited. What he did: go off message, offer zero prepared responses, and lose his cool over the bait—every time.

Clinton’s lines of attack against Trump were entirely predictable, based on things well covered in the news: his business disputes, his tax secrecy, his comments about women, and his birtherism. Often, the best response from Trump would have been to ignore it. Otherwise, the best approach would have been to trot out some rehearsed response. Instead, he jumped wildly at every wave of the cape, or he offered an improvised mess.

Lester Holt took a lot of abuse from Clinton supporters on Twitter for failing to step in more often. But the result was illuminating. Clinton would let Trump speak, and Trump would interrupt and hector Clinton throughout her statements, responding to every needling. The more Trump did this, the more rope Holt provided, allowing Trump to coil it tightly around his own neck. Meanwhile, viewers were treated to a long Trumpian monologue about how Clinton’s campaign launched birtherism, keeping the focus on something harmful to him. They saw Trump defend himself regarding a 43-year-old civil rights lawsuit by saying it was settled “without an admission of guilt,” as if that would put things to rest. They saw Trump go off on a long riff on cyber security and fail to notice any chance to ding Clinton, whose emails were not at all properly secured.

When Trump was given a question about a specific issue, he often veered off on odd tangents. I’d have to replay the tape to give an example of how topics segued into one another, but it was incoherent enough that at one point, after a long and digressive rant by Trump against his opponent, all Clinton had to do to get laughs was say, with a smile, “Whew, okay…”, and do a near-shimmy at her podium. Nor is it a good sign when you say, as Trump did, “I think my strongest asset, maybe by far, is my temperament,” and the audience breaks out in laughter.

You’ll notice that the focus here hasn’t been on Clinton. That’s not because she wasn’t important or because she’s undeserving of attention. But Clinton did exactly what anyone would have expected: she showed up prepared and, after initial nervousness, gained confidence. By 30 minutes in, she was in the zone and enjoying herself. Her sanctimony on the birther issue, among others, was hard for this viewer to take, given her memorably ugly campaign against Barack Obama in 2008. But Hillary Clinton is Hillary Clinton. Her shortcomings are known. They faded into the background as Trump grabbed all the attention.

What does this mean? If Trump’s polls keep going up after this week, then the discontent in the nation is even greater than most of us realize. But it’s likelier that the galloping polls of Trump come to a halt. All he needed to do was prove to viewers that he could act presidential for 90 minutes. All Clinton needed to do was prove that he couldn’t. And she succeeded.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/how-hillary-clinton-played-trump-for-a-fool-debate

Numerous Polls Show Donald Trump Won Last Night's Debate

38D4AB3D00000578-3809204-image-a-120_1474955839227[1].jpg

38D4AB4500000578-3809204-image-m-135_1474955947324[1].jpg

38D4AB4100000578-3809204-image-a-118_1474955828284[1].jpg

38D4AB1600000578-3809204-image-a-117_1474955813260[1].jpg

@T-72M1 @Nilgiri @ptldM3

Trump is behaving, he’s addressing Hillary, as Secretary Clinton.
You do know he's calling her that condescendingly right? To remind the crowd how big of a failure she was as a politician in governmental office, that's why he kept bringing up how she only came up with her solutions during the last few months meanwhile for 30+ years as a Politician she did nothing to solve the very problems she's now claiming she has the solutions for (she helped created many of the same problems) .

Last edited:
So, I think trump started out strong. Talking about bringing the jobs back, tax reforms. I think those issues resonated with the public. I felt he made sense on those issues.

But about 20 minutes in Clinton started to get under his skin, she shook him up, rattled him and he lost his cool. Then the name calling began, talking over each other, and then Trump even lost it at the moderator. A lot of his lies came out which he refused to accept.

On the issue of race he called stop, question and frisk and effective tool which has been deemed unconstitutional, which he also refused to accept. He kept repeating this one guy's name, Sean Henderson or something to whom he used to bump heads on the Iraq war issue, I thought that was pretty hilarious he said, "somebody call Sean henderson and ask him, but nobody calls Sean henderson." lol that really amused me.

As far as the winning and loosing is concerned, I don't think that matters. Both trump and Hillary people have made up their minds about their candidates. Trump people want a dick for president and that's how trump came out last night, a dick and an asshole, and Trump people love him for that. So, this what this election has boiled down to.

Numerous Polls Show Donald Trump Won Last Night's Debate

On Fox and Friends this morning, Trump claimed that he won the debate because online polls showed it to be true - although those poll numbers may be a little dodgy.

“I know I did better than Hillary and ever poll shows that,” said Trump.

“I won Slate, I won Drudge, I won CBS, I won Time magazine. I won every poll apart from CNN and not many people are watching CNN,” he declared.

Except, Major Garrett from CBS rebuked Trump’s claim:

Be careful with images like those, as their authenticity is often suspect.

I thought Trump held up reasonably well, no major campaign shattering gaffes, lol almost like he's immune to those. She was the pro debater, a practiced robotic politician with decades of experience who performed as expected. No one landed a knockout punch, Trump was solid. I'd like my next two with a little more spice, thanks.

Here's a couple of interesting non-partisan non-mainstream media analyses.

TYT analysis, these guys loathe Trump

hmm, and I read somewhere that the first 30 minutes are the most crucial with a lot of people tuned in but those numbers start to dwindle a bit around the halfway mark. Not surprising, it is politics, not sport.

pro Trump youtuber reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFl0tMN6wAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nicsoRdx2nw

and Trump was right, the mainstream media really is a propaganda arm for her campaign, zero support online anywhere from excited hillary fans, it's almost like they don't even exist. :what:

apart from Rabzon mian here of course lol, but I suspect even most of his support is just Trump hate/fear.

Last edited:
I saw the debate & I though Clinton performed better for the most part except at the beginning when Trump seemed to hold his own. I thought Trump kept going off on to irrelevant issues when baited. which is why I'm surprised at the debate poll. If these polls are accurate, then they suggest that the momentum in favour of trump is very strong & he is not about to be pulled back by his performances in the debate. If that is the case, it should become clearer over the next couple of weeks when Trump should start moving into a decent lead in the national polls. I think it will get clearer over the next couple of days.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom