What's new

US Politics

So far there are 14 Republican candidates, seven Whites, three Blacks, three Brown and one Orange.

Hahaha. It seems like his hair is starting the turn from orange to familiar old man gray.

1692310539039.png

The first Republican primary debate is today (August 23) at 9 p.m. ET live from Milwaukee on Fox News Channel. Only eight candidates have qualified for the debate. Trump, however, has declined to participate.

It would be interesting to see what their stance is on the economy, abortion, gun laws, crime, illegal immigration, Trump indictments, Ukraine war and China.

230822121323-01-rnc-first-gop-presidential-debate-candidates-split.jpg

Hahaha. It seems like his hair is starting the turn from orange to familiar old man gray.

View attachment 946686
You are right he has stopped coloring his hair. You know Trump was whining on social media that Fox News purposely show the absolutely worst picture of me, especially the big “orange” one with my chin pulled way back. :lol:

You are right he has stopped coloring his hair. You know Trump was whining on social media that Fox News purposely show the absolutely worst picture of me, especially the big “orange” one with my chin pulled way back. :lol:

I know the picture lol.

On a separate note, watching the news ATM and Juliani just landed in Georgia in his private jet to negotiate his bond and surrender. I really wonder if they'll put him in cuffs and jail jumpsuit for the mugshot and mandatory arrest since they can't show any special treatment whatsoever.

Then how crazy will it be on Thursday when the orange (well, gray now) surrenders also. This will be history as the first former president to not only be indicted, but to be arrested and cuffed and mug-shot.

I think what is even crazier is that once he bonds out for $200K, he'll be running for president of the United States until either he is acquitted or found guilty and convicted at his trial and then sentenced! If it's the latter, his only chance then is to somehow get elected so he can pardon himself LOLOL! The dynamics of this entire saga is beyond insane!

Question is, will be "electable" if he is convicted PRIOR to being sworn in as president where he would then officially have pardoning authority?

The first Republican primary debate is today (August 23) at 9 p.m. ET live from Milwaukee on Fox News Channel. Only eight candidates have qualified for the debate. Trump, however, has declined to participate.

It would be interesting to see what their stance is on the economy, abortion, gun laws, crime, illegal immigration, Trump indictments, Ukraine war and China.

View attachment 947941

That Nikki Haley is insufferable. I'd rather take a 5lbs. sledgehammer to the forehead than to listen to her gargle words.

The way she went after Vivek Ramaswamy was like listening to fingernails scratching a chalkboard. It just irritates me to no end lol.

Speaking of Vivek, he put on quite the performance for a 38-year-old with no political experience. His comment about curbing funding for Israel so it can be less dependent on US aid really triggered the witch. Look at her twisting his words.

Vivek:
“Our relationship with Israel will never be stronger by the end of my next term, but it’s not a client relationship, it is a friendship,” he said. “And you know what friends do? Friends help each other stand on their own two feet.”

Haley:
“And the problem that Vivek doesn’t understand is he wants to hand Ukraine to Russia, he wants to let China eat Taiwan. He wants to go and stop funding Israel,” she said.
lol! Typical conniving politician.

Vivek was also jumped on by Pence and Chris Christie, the latter said he reminded him of a skinny guy like Obama or something like that. Don't quote me exactly but it's close. And Vivek took it as a compliment and took the diplomatic road, made light of Christie's supposed dig.

Then perhaps the craziest comment -- besides what Eric and Donald Jnr. gargled -- was Marjorie Taylor Green on Christie's "Obama/Vivek" comment:

‘Disgusted’ Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Christie Comparing Ramaswamy to Obama Was ‘Pretty Racist’​

LOL! That woman is an absolute genius. :D

Trump's motorcade was exceptionally large, with SWAT teams and something like 30 or 40 motorcycle cops and 20 Chevy Suburbans and more, just to get from the Atlanta airport to the Fulton House of Corrections jail to have his mugshot taken and booked. Then he got back to the airport in that crazy motorcade. Seem deliberately overdone.

45TH PRESIDENT, INMATE NO. P01135809, BECOMES FIRST WITH MUG SHOT.

1692926028671.png

I know the picture lol.

On a separate note, watching the news ATM and Juliani just landed in Georgia in his private jet to negotiate his bond and surrender. I really wonder if they'll put him in cuffs and jail jumpsuit for the mugshot and mandatory arrest since they can't show any special treatment whatsoever.

Then how crazy will it be on Thursday when the orange (well, gray now) surrenders also. This will be history as the first former president to not only be indicted, but to be arrested and cuffed and mug-shot.

I think what is even crazier is that once he bonds out for $200K, he'll be running for president of the United States until either he is acquitted or found guilty and convicted at his trial and then sentenced! If it's the latter, his only chance then is to somehow get elected so he can pardon himself LOLOL! The dynamics of this entire saga is beyond insane!

Question is, will be "electable" if he is convicted PRIOR to being sworn in as president where he would then officially have pardoning authority?
That’s the million-dollar question and at present is a hot topic. According to Will Baude, director of Constitutional Law, and a member of the ultra-conservative Federalist Society and Prof Michael Paulsen, “Trump cannot be president- cannot run for president- cannot become president- cannot hold office. They insist that there is no doubt Trump has triggered the disqualification aspects of section 3 of the 14th Amendment, and that should be applied automatically by State Secretaries of State, unless two thirds of Congress decide to grant him amnesty for his conduct on January 6th”.

Two other Constitutional scholars, Laurence Tribe (Prof of Constitutional law at Harvard) and Michael Luttig (former federal judge of US Court of Appeal) have a similar views, their article was published in The Atlantic magazine.

Recently a lawsuit was filed in a Colorado court by Republican voters, citing the 14th Amendment. And a judge denied Trump legal team’s request to move the case to federal court. I think ultimately this case is going to be decided by the Supreme Court.

That Nikki Haley is insufferable. I'd rather take a 5lbs. sledgehammer to the forehead than to listen to her gargle words.

The way she went after Vivek Ramaswamy was like listening to fingernails scratching a chalkboard. It just irritates me to no end lol.

Speaking of Vivek, he put on quite the performance for a 38-year-old with no political experience. His comment about curbing funding for Israel so it can be less dependent on US aid really triggered the witch. Look at her twisting his words.

Vivek:
“Our relationship with Israel will never be stronger by the end of my next term, but it’s not a client relationship, it is a friendship,” he said. “And you know what friends do? Friends help each other stand on their own two feet.”

Haley:
“And the problem that Vivek doesn’t understand is he wants to hand Ukraine to Russia, he wants to let China eat Taiwan. He wants to go and stop funding Israel,” she said.
lol! Typical conniving politician.

Vivek was also jumped on by Pence and Chris Christie, the latter said he reminded him of a skinny guy like Obama or something like that. Don't quote me exactly but it's close. And Vivek took it as a compliment and took the diplomatic road, made light of Christie's supposed dig.

Then perhaps the craziest comment -- besides what Eric and Donald Jnr. gargled -- was Marjorie Taylor Green on Christie's "Obama/Vivek" comment:

‘Disgusted’ Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Christie Comparing Ramaswamy to Obama Was ‘Pretty Racist’​

LOL! That woman is an absolute genius. :D
What really horrified me was bomb Mexico BS. Looks like all Republican candidates including Trump wants to bomb Mexico with or without their consent, that is extremely dangerous and reckless , any US attack without their consent would backfire.

That’s the million-dollar question and at present is a hot topic. According to Will Baude, director of Constitutional Law, and a member of the ultra-conservative Federalist Society and Prof Michael Paulsen, “Trump cannot be president- cannot run for president- cannot become president- cannot hold office. They insist that there is no doubt Trump has triggered the disqualification aspects of section 3 of the 14th Amendment, and that should be applied automatically by State Secretaries of State, unless two thirds of Congress decide to grant him amnesty for his conduct on January 6th”.

Two other Constitutional scholars, Laurence Tribe (Prof of Constitutional law at Harvard) and Michael Luttig (former federal judge of US Court of Appeal) have a similar views, their article was published in The Atlantic magazine.

Recently a lawsuit was filed in a Colorado court by Republican voters, citing the 14th Amendment. And a judge denied Trump legal team’s request to move the case to federal court. I think ultimately this case is going to be decided by the Supreme Court.

Someone else had brought that up almost immediately after all the news outlets were using the word "insurrection". It's clear as day which is why he and his lawyers are doing everything they can to push the trial off until after the elections (thinking they're going to win or have a better chance of winning) for that reason. Also so he can obviously pardon himself AND it shows his "victimization" from all those he perceives as his enemy.

4TH Amendment:

Section 3.​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United Stares, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

This is essentially why Jan. 6th was labelled as an insurrection immediately after it happened. I think the issue is -- despite it being clear as day in the constitution -- this kind of thing takes a long time to litigate in court, particularly when there are appeals after appeals and the trial keeps moving up until it reaches the Supreme court. Meanwhile, the election is in a year. Most likely a big reason why Fanni Willis & Co. are pushing to go to trial sooner than later.

A Taylor Swift Instagram post helped drive a surge in voter registration

Becky Sullivan September 22, 2023
G667HRC2FRDTXRMAXSWWTLV7PU.jpg

Taylor Swift on the first night of her Eras tour, pictured earlier this year. The artist has often encouraged her fans to register to vote.

When Taylor Swift speaks, her fans listen.

On Tuesday morning, the singer posted a short message on Instagram encouraging her 272 million followers to register to vote. Afterward, the website she directed her fans to — the nonpartisan nonprofit Vote.org — recorded more than 35,000 registrations, according to the organization.

"I've been so lucky to see so many of you guys at my U.S. shows recently. I've heard you raise your voices, and I know how powerful they are," she wrote on her Instagram Stories. "Make sure you're ready to use them in our elections this year!" Her post included a link to register at Vote.org.
The 35,252 new registrations on National Voter Registration Day were the most since 2020, the organization said, and a 23% jump over last year. The number of 18-year-olds registered was more than double 2022.

Andrea Hailey, CEO of Vote.org, called it a "highly encouraging sign of voter enthusiasm," especially among voters who are newly eligible since turning 18. "Time and time again young people are showing up and demonstrating they care about their rights and access to the ballot box," Hailey said in a statement.

It's not clear exactly how many of the registrations were tied to Swift's Instagram. Vote.org reported a 1,226% jump in participation in the hour after the post. Read more

Someone else had brought that up almost immediately after all the news outlets were using the word "insurrection". It's clear as day which is why he and his lawyers are doing everything they can to push the trial off until after the elections (thinking they're going to win or have a better chance of winning) for that reason. Also so he can obviously pardon himself AND it shows his "victimization" from all those he perceives as his enemy.

4TH Amendment:

Section 3.​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United Stares, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

This is essentially why Jan. 6th was labelled as an insurrection immediately after it happened. I think the issue is -- despite it being clear as day in the constitution -- this kind of thing takes a long time to litigate in court, particularly when there are appeals after appeals and the trial keeps moving up until it reaches the Supreme court. Meanwhile, the election is in a year. Most likely a big reason why Fanni Willis & Co. are pushing to go to trial sooner than later.
I agree, he’s the master of delay, delay, and delay, remember how successfully he was able to hide his tax returns?!

But on the bright side, the president does have extensive, but not unlimited pardoning power.

For example, he cannot pardon himself or anyone else on state (New York and Georgia cases) charges.

He cannot pardon himself from impeachment, therefore, the federal Capitol riot case, over which he was impeached, according to some constitutional scholars, he cannot pardon himself.

Some scholars even argue that the president cannot pardon himself. For example, Nixon wanted to pardon himself, but his own Justice Department told him that it would be unconstitutional.

It’s quite complicated, until now, no president has pardoned himself. Let’s hope for the best!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom