ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
US medical workers sue China for ‘hoarding’ PPE during coronavirus pandemic
By Andrew Denney

April 8, 2020

ppe.jpg

A group of frontline healthcare workers are suing the Chinese government, claiming that it mishandled the coronavirus outbreak and is now hoarding badly-needed personal protective equipment and selling it for profit.

In a lawsuit filed in a federal court in West Palm Beach, Fla. against the Chinese Communist Party, the healthcare workers charge that it is blocking exports of gloves, goggles and other PPE and selling it at a substantial mark-up while people across the globe are getting sick and dying from COVID-19.

They also allege that the Chinese government should be held responsible for the extent of the coronavirus outbreak because it initially tried to downplay its dangers, censored doctors who tried to sound the alarm and stalled in locking down Wuhan, the sprawling metropolis that has been identified as ground zero for the bug.

“It’s almost straight out of a movie — ‘let’s cause the world to get a virus and let’s profit off of it,’” said Jeremy Atlers, a spokesman for the Boca Raton-based Berman Law Group.

“In New York, we have doctors and nurses in garbage bags,” Antlers said, referring to a shocking report by The Post.

The plaintiffs include a New York doctor, a New Jersey surgical technologist, a West Virginia nurse and a doctor and a nurse working in Florida. They claim that their suit could cover nearly 4 million US healthcare workers.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/healthcare-workers-suing-china-for-hoarding-ppe/

There will be a lot of anger at China's government over this. It will come from all over the world. The fact is, China IS responsible for the way this epidemic unfolded. For China's sake I hope the cause of the virus jumping to humans turns out to be an accident of nature and not of a laboratory study. Luckily for China, no one outside China will ever be able to prove the origin one way or the other. However, convincing the WHO to deny the likelihood of human-to-human infection in mid-January was an unforgivable act of treachery for which the the CCP can never be forgiven. The CCP has a gusher of blood on its hands.

Last edited:
There will be a lot of anger at China's government over this. It will come from all over the world. The fact is, China IS responsible for the way this epidemic unfolded. For China's sake I hope the cause of the virus jumping to humans turns out to be an accident of nature and not of a laboratory study. Luckily for China, no one outside China will ever be able to prove the origin one way or the other. However, convincing the WHO to deny the likelihood of human-to-human infection in mid-February was an unforgivable act of treachery for which the the CCP can never be forgiven. The CCP has a gusher of blood on its hands.
INCOMPETENT USA.
Looking to deflect blame from themselves.
USA is the JOKE OF THE WORLD.
Haha, calling themselves number 1 most able to handle a pandemic, BIG JOKE.
Unfortunately, now exposed by China, US is the EMPEROR WITHOUT CLOTHES.
Wait till scientific investigations will reveal COVID-19 IS FROM USA.

China please sent more UNDIES MASKS to the USA.
Reserve 1 UNDIES MASK for you.

There will be a lot of anger at China's government over this. It will come from all over the world. The fact is, China IS responsible for the way this epidemic unfolded. For China's sake I hope the cause of the virus jumping to humans turns out to be an accident of nature and not of a laboratory study. Luckily for China, no one outside China will ever be able to prove the origin one way or the other. However, convincing the WHO to deny the likelihood of human-to-human infection in mid-February was an unforgivable act of treachery for which the the CCP can never be forgiven. The CCP has a gusher of blood on its hands.
Lol,, trying to do damage control by blaming China?

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/...coronavirus-test-kits-italy-tennessee/163879/

Shipped out test kits when Italy suffer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rf...-china-coronavirus-face-mask-france-stolen-us

Steal allies face mask

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ad-us-sailors-from-virus-hit-aircraft-carrier

Anger it's own citizen with plenty of botched planning...

After these crisis, Italy, Germany and France will settle the score with US and not China.

However, convincing the WHO to deny the likelihood of human-to-human infection in mid-February
What is that claim based on?

That's about the only thing I can potentially see China being held responsible for (if true). Given globalization, trying to prevent the spread of a new disease out of any kind of global industrial/economic hub is essentially impossible. By the time a new disease is identified and categorized as infectious, you'll have people carrying the infection travelling all over the world.

No one country can be, or should be, blamed for such an infection, so long as the infection wasn't the result of a lab experiment gone wrong.

This legal action by bottom feeding lawyers in the US is despicable in this time of global crisis. The US under Trump has itself not been any paragon of responsible leadership during this time.

If world really want to do justice and suing, then US will be the country that is sued most with so many cased and obliged to pay trillion usd for compensation.

Last edited:
As if China had obligation to export PPE to US while US could hit China as she likes (ban Huawei, impose tariff on China's export, etc).
I don’t know if there is any international legal requirement that governs the supply of PPE or other critical supplies during a pandemic. Given the experience with COVID-19, perhaps some basic outlines should be established, but given that in the US even the states are jostling with each other to get supplies, I don’t see how any country is going to agree to COMMITMENTS on providing resources to another country during a pandemic, least of all the US that finds the UN and international agreements and treaties a complete waste as is, so long as they’re not promoting US interests.

Ironically, ‘democracies’ are going to have the hardest time making and abiding by such commitments because any potential shortage at home at a time of need will result in the electorate holding the government responsible for providing supplies to other countries, international treaties or commitments be damned.

What is this claim based on?

I was wrong about the date. It was a WHO tweet in mid-January, not mid-February as I said in my post. I will change my post above right now.

[URL='https://twitter.com/WHO']World Health Organization (WHO) [URL='https://twitter.com/WHO']@WHO
[/URL][/URL]
Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China

6:18 AM · Jan 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

I was wrong about the date. It was a WHO tweet in mid-January, not mid-February as I said in my post. I will change my post above right now.

World Health Organization (WHO) @WHO

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China
6:18 AM · Jan 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

This is standard medical language. "No evidence" does not mean "doesn't happen". Doctors in the US use this exact same language to refer to something they are investigating but don't know for sure about yet. For example:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/animals.html

"We do not have evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19 to people or that they might be a source of infection in the United States."

But this is contradicted later by: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00984-8

"Cats can be infected with the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and can spread it to other cats, but dogs are not really susceptible to the infection, say researchers in China."

At the time of writing, US CDC did not have evidence of animal spread. Now there is evidence. They will revise it accordingly. Doesn't mean US CDC denied that animal spread is possible.

This is standard medical language. "No evidence" does not mean "doesn't happen". Doctors in the US use this exact same language to refer to something they are investigating but don't know for sure about yet. For example:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/animals.html

"We do not have evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19 to people or that they might be a source of infection in the United States."

But this is contradicted later by: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00984-8

"Cats can be infected with the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, and can spread it to other cats, but dogs are not really susceptible to the infection, say researchers in China."

At the time of writing, US CDC did not have evidence of animal spread. Now there is evidence. They will revise it accordingly. Doesn't mean US CDC denied that animal spread is possible.

Read the CDC statements again. The first says no evidence of pet spread to PEOPLE, not animals. The subsequent CDC statements do not contradict the first.

Read the CDC statements again. The first says no evidence of pet spread to PEOPLE, not animals. The subsequent CDC statements do not contradict the first.

Chill homie, this is just a simple example. When someone says there's "no evidence of this event occurring" it doesn't mean there is "evidence of this event never occuring". This is standard English usage. Do you have a problem with standard English?

A better one is hydroxychloroquinine as prescribed by Trump. Which has led to several deaths.

NIH later finds there is no evidence it works, which confirms a Chinese study.

Back
Top Bottom