What's new

US F-18 jet crashes in San Diego

sohailbutt

Reaction score
A US military F-18 fighter jet has crashed into a residential area of San Diego, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has said.

The San Diego Fire Department described the scene of the crash as "a heavily populated area" near Interstate 805.

TV footage showed plumes of white smoke rising from several houses. It is not clear if there are any casualties.

The jet crashed as it prepared to land at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar and the pilot had ejected, the FAA said.

The crash occurred two miles (3.2km) from the base, it added.

Donny James, who was visiting his mother in the area, said the supersonic fighter had been flying at very low altitude.

:cheesy:Both houses were totally engulfed in flames... I saw one pilots walking around and he was dazed :cheesy:
Donny James, witness

"It spiralled out of control, just like out of Top Gun, and then it came down," he told CNN.

Mr James said he was unable to get closer to the scene because two houses were on fire.

"Both houses were totally engulfed in flames. I saw a pilot walking around and he was dazed. The police were telling everyone to get out of the way," he added.

A spokesman for the San Diego police department, Monica Munoz, said it appeared so far that the only person injured was the pilot.

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | US F-18 jet crashes in San Diego

I hope no ones dead.Why are they flying over populated area and on low altitude :confused:

Back
Top Bottom