What's new

US discusses China’s ‘assertiveness’ with India

You are just incredibly stupid. Friendship doesn't mean charity. China and Pakistan work on the premise of mutual benefit (a concept you have trouble with). Infrastructure projects happen only because Pakistan and China deem it beneficial to both parties.

Good story, don't care and completely off topic.

Don't go the path of personal attacks please :disagree:. We don't want to starting trolling ourselves.

@siegecrossbow

Yes there is a difference between bilateral trade and investment.
Trade is exponentially increasing-balance of it totally tilted towards china.
Investment is different. Hope I dont need to tell you that.

and

As for the Chinese assistance of Pakistan I will let my Pakistan brothers speak for themselves.

Thats precisely what I did. Asked Mr Bozo

@siegecrossbow

Yes there is a difference between bilateral trade and investment.
Trade is exponentially increasing-balance of it totally tilted towards china.
Investment is different. Hope I dont need to tell you that.

and

Thats precisely what I did. Asked Mr Bozo

I think Mr. Bozo made his stance on China quite clear with his past posts.

I think Mr. Bozo made his stance on China quite clear with his past posts.

Let him answer for god's sake, if he wants to. I just want to hear his opinion and the logic - nothing else. Opinion of opponents are respected in India and everyone has right to express their views. That's why Mr Geelani(leading Kashmiri separatist) still growls from Kashmir with Indian security forces protecting his house(sometimes putting him under house-arrest though :azn:) and his children/grandchildren wants Indian passport to study abroad(unjust action by passport office to leak details of the application though). Media has a free run in Kashmir,even during recent curfews and violence. Now compare that with Tibet. Uprising by monks brutally crushed and a spiritual leader and Nobel peace prize laureate is chased off his own country and hounded. And this is only leaked info because independent media is not allowed at all.Speaks volumes ,isn't it?

Now compare that with Tibet. Uprising by monks brutally crushed and a spiritual leader and Nobel peace prize laureate is chased off his own country and hounded. And this is only leaked info because independent media is not allowed at all.Speaks volumes ,isn't it?

Theodore Roosevelt, Henry Kissinger, Arafat, and Barack Obama are also Nobel peace prize laureates. If by spiritual leader you meant some one who kissed Mao's behinds while conspiring for an armed rebellion in 59 then I've got nothing more to say. I think the greatest wrong that the Communists did in Tibet was allow the Lamas to continue their feudalistic practices and systematic repression of the serfs for 10 whole years before finally taking action.

As for free speech, I too think that the censorship of the media in China is ridiculous in this day and age. However I appreciate the fact that we don't see news like "Russia needles China by selling PAK-FA to India" every time I open a Chinese newspaper.

You only see what chinese govt wants you to see and understand what the govt wants you to understand.

No sane person can approve of chinese repression of tibetans, neither the censorship of the brutality. And then again freedom of press,speech and opinion.

A little poser for you siegecrossbow.

Take this hypothetical scenario.What happens when someone in Kashmir waves Pakistani flag during a protest and someone in Tibet waves a Tibetan flag during a protest(though nothing will come close to a protest, will be crushed long before that)?

I can give you what will happen here. During Pak flag waving and anti-India sloganeering the security forces will stand down. Then stone-pelting and burning security vehicles will start. It will get more intense. Then some ill-equipped skin-head will fire(whereas they should be equipped with non-lethal weapons) and a casualty will result which will lead to more protest.

your turn.........

You only see what chinese govt wants you to see and understand what the govt wants you to understand.

No sane person can approve of chinese repression of tibetans, neither the censorship of the brutality. And then again freedom of press,speech and opinion.

A little poser for you siegecrossbow.

Take this hypothetical scenario.What happens when someone in Kashmir waves Pakistani flag during a protest and someone in Tibet waves a Tibetan flag during a protest(though nothing will come close to a protest, will be crushed long before that)?

I can give you what will happen here. During Pak flag waving and anti-India sloganeering the security forces will stand down. Then stone-pelting and burning security vehicles will start. It will get more intense. Then some ill-equipped skin-head will fire(whereas they should be equipped with non-lethal weapons) and a casualty will result which will lead to more protest.

your turn.........

You are forgetting that I've lived the states for 11 years already. As I said before I disapprove of media censorship as much as any reasonable person. It seems to have fallen upon deaf years.

Your example of a person waving a Tibetan flag and a person waving a Pakistani flag is a bad one since Pakistan, unlike Tibet, is a soverign country recognized by most of the world's nations.

The best part of my Engineering days have been the ragging period, when I was at the receiving end!!.......those events still elicit laughter!.......:woot:

Ragging prevalent in china ?

Hmm you're not cocky enough to be in ECE :P I know I lived with three engineers at one point and I was the only non-engineer there. They'd bust me about it sometimes. :sick:

Did I mention that the only reason that I was half polite to you was because I thought you were an Engineer? (Just kidding bro.)

The best part of my Engineering days have been the ragging period, when I was at the receiving end!!.......those events still elicit laughter!.......

Ragging prevalent in china ?

I don't know much about college education in China since I am studying in the states right now. I can tell you, however, that the profs are the ones doing the "ragging" here in the U.S. (at least for Engineering). They will mercilessly intimidate and browbeat you until you either quit or survive whatever intellectual hell that they impose upon you.

Actual "ragging" (or hazing as it is called here) occurs most frequently in Fraternities. The school is trying to ban it but I don't think it is possible. New comers will "pass on the pain" when they are not new comers any more.

Let him answer for god's sake, if he wants to. I just want to hear his opinion and the logic - nothing else. Opinion of opponents are respected in India and everyone has right to express their views. That's why Mr Geelani(leading Kashmiri separatist) still growls from Kashmir with Indian security forces protecting his house(sometimes putting him under house-arrest though :azn:) and his children/grandchildren wants Indian passport to study abroad(unjust action by passport office to leak details of the application though). Media has a free run in Kashmir,even during recent curfews and violence. Now compare that with Tibet. Uprising by monks brutally crushed and a spiritual leader and Nobel peace prize laureate is chased off his own country and hounded. And this is only leaked info because independent media is not allowed at all.Speaks volumes ,isn't it?

To them the old Buddhist monk is the equivalent of Osama Bin Laden. They invade Tibet - force the man to be exiled and wonder why he is not happy with China.

To them the old Buddhist monk is the equivalent of Osama Bin Laden. They invade Tibet - force the man to be exiled and wonder why he is not happy with China.

And the world ( i mean rest of the world ) honoured him with a Nobel Prize for peace in 1989.

Back
Top Bottom