What's new

US army vs Taliban: who is on whose side?

What are you saying..! Aren't Taliban fighting against Pakistan as well, haven't they claimed to take over entire Pak, they are the biggest danger to the stability in this region. See, once Pak has decided to join US in fight against Taliban then these reports of an insider from Pak army joining Taliban rank doesn't go down well.

Didn't Bush say recently that the info given to Pak army about air strikes against Taliban are reaching latter.

Also look at this:

Source of the News: clipped from: ap.google.com

The study by the RAND Corp. also warned that the U.S. will face “crippling, long-term consequences” in Afghanistan if Taliban sanctuaries in Pakistan are not eliminated.

“Every successful insurgency in Afghanistan since 1979 enjoyed safe haven in neighboring countries, and the current insurgency is no different,” said the report’s author, Seth Jones. “Right now, the Taliban and other groups are getting help from individuals within Pakistan’s government, and until that ends, the region’s long-term security is in jeopardy.”
some active and former officials in Pakistan’s intelligence service and the Frontier Corps — a Pakistani paramilitary force deployed along the Afghan border — provided direct assistance to Taliban militants and helped secure medical care for wounded fighters.
Pakistani intelligence agents providing information to Taliban fighters, even “tipping off Taliban forces about the location and movement of Afghan and coalition forces

first of all dont confuse talibans who are fighting against pak army with afghan taliban. they are two different groups with different funding sources.

also didnt pakistan provide info regarding the where abouts of baitullah mehsood?? US predator kept on flyin up there but didnt do anything.
so there it is. tit for tat

and US does more harm to her friends than her enemies. so i guess its better to be not friends with US. after wat US has done to muslim world, dont expect us pakistanis to change our views regardin US that quickly.

"When a covert operative has all the relevent identification with himself and gets killed, its called a big load of BS."

CIA carried credentials in 2001 to establish bonafides with N.A. folks with whom they hadn't worked.

I've little doubt that credentials do the same for ISI agents inside Afghanistan. It keeps them alive. Too, it becomes useful when they re-infiltrate back to Pakistan.

I think that you know way less than you allude.

I think that you know way less than you allude.

One doesn't have to be a very knowledgable person to deduce a result by commonsense.

CIA operatives did not need to hide. So it did not matter what they carried. But, assuming that ISI is involved in Afghanistan in the manner that the article reports, ISI cannot afford to get caught. Can it?

So, it is absolutely absurd to even think that ISI operatives would be carrying around there identity cards during these supposed operations.

Silly and unimaginative propaganda is one amongst the countless other limitations of US / NATO forces.
Friends in FATA tell me that sometimes they tune to the Hilarious broadcasts from US "Bullshit Bombers" to have some fun time. These $ 100 m propaganda machines are supposedly meant for a change of hearts and minds amongst the populace in operational areas.
Factsheets : EC-130J Commando Solo : EC-130J Commando Solo

Back
Top Bottom