What's new

US Army begins relief missions in Swat Valley .Chinook in action

Food that is kosher is always halal; there are no exceptions I know of. Food that is halal, however, isn't usually kosher. For meat I think it has something to do with animals and nerves that halal allows but kosher forbids; I don't recall what the story is for dairy.

Food that is kosher is always halal; there are no exceptions I know of. Food that is halal, however, isn't usually kosher. For meat I think it has something to do with animals and nerves that halal allows but kosher forbids; I don't recall what the story is for dairy.

Yes but that is not the point being discussed here. They gave us food, it meets our religious and nutritious requirements, and we are grateful for that.

Kosher, Vegan or Veggi! Who cares!

Incorrect. Here is the US contents and Manufacturer list for Kosher and Halal MREs: You will notice that the halal meals are manufactured by J&M.
The mailing addresses of the two websites are the same, and the packaging is a near match.

The mailing addresses of the two websites are the same, and the packaging is a near match.

:confused:
Where are you going with this?

For god sake stop twisting it all, it is made by a consortium company, the company is certified Halal by the following authority :IFANCA: Halal Food Certification

We needed the food, they gave us the food, we have checked it is Halal according to IFANCA and so is the accessory pack.

Halal is Halal! What is to argue about here?

Does Islam allow eating of Haram meat in a catastrophy like this? Thats a rhetorical question.

yup. Sure. Even if only wine is available the person should drink it (only that much which he think can save his life and not more ) and if he does not drink it will be a suicide.

Where are you going with this?
Nothing. I just commented that I knew the food because it was kosher (a Muslim was employed to slaughter the meat, but cheese tortellini is the same) and that it tastes good.

Are you trying to incite the conservatives here by telling them that this is not halal?
I think you'll find that Muslim "conservatives" insist kosher is halal. I am not making such a claim, but communicating my best knowledge of the matter.

Nothing. I just commented that I knew the food because it was kosher (a Muslim was employed to slaughter the meat, but cheese tortellini is the same) and that it tastes good.

Again Kosher/Halal? What is the big issue here? And they are certified Halal, to be certified you have to under go the following:

Complete an application for Halal Certification and Supervision.

Arrange for an audit/inspection of the facility in order that IFANCA may review the process, products, materials and sanitation of the production process.

Provide the required information, such as specification sheets, labels, flow charts, cleaning procedures, etc.

Negotiate an agreement including the fees involved. Supervision fees vary depending on the number and complexity of the products to be certified and breadth of market coverage.

A halal certificate is issued for either one year or for each batch produced depending on the type of product.

---
Seems pretty straightforward and transparent to me. Just because the are a consortium company, does not automatically mean they will be re-packing kosher meals as Halal.

If that is what you are implying a source would be nice, because i don't think the company selling these goods as such would like such unsubstantiated claims.

The US has sent aid, always, while the Arab imperial masters never do (mulling over inspection teams to find the scale of disasters is called doing nothing). While the Arab-ized crowd in Pakistan continue to worship Sheikh sahiban, the infidels are always the ones who send aid.

Thank you US for the aid. Prefab bridges and MREs are really helpful.

The US has sent aid, always, while the Arab imperial masters never do (mulling over inspection teams to find the scale of disasters is called doing nothing). While the Arab-ized crowd in Pakistan continue to worship Sheikh sahiban, the infidels are always the ones who send aid.

Thank you US for the aid. Prefab bridges and MREs are really helpful.

SW, they tend to send their aid in the form of PETN and ANFO laden garlands.

Just because the are a consortium company, does not automatically mean they will be re-packing kosher meals as Halal.
Sorry. Didn't get further than thinking about the cheese tortellini, which carries both halal and kosher certifications.

Sorry. Didn't get further than thinking about the cheese tortellini, which carries both halal and kosher certifications.

Tomato/Tomatooo... Who cares Solomon? Let me check the starving couple.. Do they care at this point? Guess what! NO!

And like i said, it's certified and that all that matters. Who cares about Kosher/Halal? They "US" had the humanity to help us in our hardship and for that im thankful.

Also to Pakistanis if you are fussy about the MREs then you can alos buy PAKISTANI MRE:
.::: Product Range : Mommy's Readymeals :::.

Also if you every need to light a fire quick, use the MRE heater with half water let the gasses come out and light a match... Puff that's an impressive flame (gets the kindling going every time).

Turkey's PM pledges help to flood-hit Pakistan
Erdogan offered Turkey's condolences over the loss of lives in Pakistan due to heavy floods.

Turkey is ready to provide assistance to Pakistan for the restoration of schools, hospitals, bridges and other buildings that got damaged in the floods. We will organize Turkey's assistance based on the list we will receive from Pakistan, Erdogan told Gilani on the phone.

Prime Minister Gilani said that they were thankful for Turkey's sensitivity and they always received the support of the Turkish people.

Gilani conveyed his regards to the Turkish people while speaking with Erdogan on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom