What's new

US Airforce general hopes the US can get their 6th generation fighter at least one month eariler than China get theirs

Reaction score
Country
China
China is “on track” with its sixth-generation fighter jet project, and the US Air Force needs to move forward with its own development, a US official has warned.

“I cannot tell you today what’s going on in China except they’re planning for their 20th National Party Congress. But I can tell you what’s not happening. They’re not having a debate over the relevance of six-gen air dominance. And I can also tell you they’re on track,” US Air Combat Command General Mark Kelly said during the Air and Space Force Association’s Air, Space and Cyber conference, according to a report by Breaking Defense.

Kelly said China’s approach to sixth-generation fighters is similar to that taken by the US in the Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program, with an emphasis on stealth, advanced sensors and processing power, the report added.

China is also working on iterative development of the jet, drawing on its experience with incrementally improving the Sukhoi Su-27 platform, Kelly reportedly said.
“The US Air Force needs to make sure we get to six-gen air dominance at least a month prior to our competitors,” Kelly said at the conference, according to 100knots.com.

Seems that the tunes from these on the field, are quite a bit different than what you get from our USKF (keybroad force) officers or our loudmouthed US transgender "generals".

Maybe that has something to do with the fact when times come, it is the former who needs to carry the guns

A month? The mighty US of A is trying to get ahead of China by a whopping month?!
1664599066070.jpeg

“I cannot tell you today what’s going on in China except they’re planning for their 20th National Party Congress. But I can tell you what’s not happening. They’re not having a debate over the relevance of six-gen air dominance. And I can also tell you they’re on track,” US Air Combat Command General Mark Kelly said during the Air and Space Force Association’s Air, Space and Cyber conference, according to a report by Breaking Defense.

Not sure about 6 gen fighter jets, but I am sure Chinese are not debating about the abortion rights, number of genders, gun controls, illegal immigrants, inflations, or ukraine.......

They are focused on things that matter.

Not sure about 6 gen fighter jets, but I am sure Chinese are not debating about the abortion rights, number of genders, gun controls, illegal immigrants, inflations, or ukraine.......

They are focused on things that matter.
Theyre too busy killing Muslims in concentration camps.

Americans are lazy and stupid and cannot make 6th gen fighter jet.
As far as i know China has less J16s than USA has F35s.

Uss ford was declared 'operational' after launch a decade ago, a few months ahead of Fujian launch.
They say b21 will fly soon, likely few months ahead of the highly anticipated H20 first flight.
I'm sure their '6th gen' will 'fly' at least a month ahead of China's too.
Never ever doubt india, oops I mean usa.

A month earlier???

Does it matter for a long-run military program in a peaceful situation?

A month earlier???

Does it matter for a long-run military program in a peaceful situation?

What he said bascially means that given the intl reports he got, he is afraid that China may actually field the 6th generation fighters first.

With your mentality, no wonder the Americans treat you guys like a colony.
Man i have my fair share of issues with the USA, but its way better than China. At least most Americans dont have to worry about some dudes coming into their house and arrest them for saying the wrong thing about their country

Man i have my fair share of issues with the USA, but its way better than China. At least most Americans dont have to worry about some dudes coming into their house and arrest them for saying the wrong thing about their country

Very happy with how China is governed by the CPC. Having a prospering country that is well governed with an independent foreign policy. China also has military leaders that are loyal to China, not fanboys of the US.

Last edited:

A brain is for thinking not for gulping in whatever others decide to dump in.

Uss ford was declared 'operational' after launch a decade ago,

You obviously have no clue what the difference between launching, commissioning, and being declared operational. How could something launched be declared operational without all the equipment installed and no sea trials?

It was launched in 2013...meaning that it's hull was done.

Commissioning in 2017 means its equipment was installed.

Operational declared in 2022 after the ship had been fully tested with sea trials etc.

The second Ford class (CVN79 USS John F Kennedy) was launched in 2019

Last edited:
China is “on track” with its sixth-generation fighter jet project, and the US Air Force needs to move forward with its own development, a US official has warned.

Kelly said China’s approach to sixth-generation fighters is similar to that taken by the US in the Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program, with an emphasis on stealth, advanced sensors and processing power, the report added.

China is also working on iterative development of the jet, drawing on its experience with incrementally improving the Sukhoi Su-27 platform, Kelly reportedly said.
“The US Air Force needs to make sure we get to six-gen air dominance at least a month prior to our competitors,” Kelly said at the conference, according to 100knots.com.

Seems that the tunes from these on the field, are quite a bit different than what you get from our USKF (keybroad force) officers or our loudmouthed US transgender "generals".

Maybe that has something to do with the fact when times come, it is the former who needs to carry the guns

I don't understand the "month earlier" comment. May be he wants to make sure by displaying a jet a bit earlier, the US can keep it's advancement on things since both the US and China are working on similar 6th gen concept, which then means the gap between the US and the Chinese has narrowed a lot going forward in terms of aviation technologies?

Secondly, it's high time for anti-China sentiment. You get funded heavily for pretty much any weapon system or tech that would help against China. So may be this and some other statements I've read recently are funding request in disguise. The other day I read somewhere the US Def Sec said that they are taking the China threat extremely seriously and both the Dems and Republicans are united on that. Another analysis quoted US officials about a future war with China and how it would be the most important war since WWII. So the US wants to stay ahead. We are in 2022, I hope humans build a mechanism around to resolve their differences by negotiations than wars.

Back
Top Bottom