What's new

US Air Force had 3 6th Gen NGAD demonstrators; now down to 2

After the Cold War ended, former Soviet republics called US and asked if we want to go shopping, so we said: America F-Yeah...!!!

We sent blacked out C-5s and they returned with Soviet tanks and even missile control consoles. Does that mean we were 'behind' the Soviets and had to 'copy' their sh!t?
What did you find? Were the Soviet weapons significantly inferior?

So the only thing you have is this sentence...

It is interesting to see how the F-15 (and indeed all fighters of that time period) were influenced by the MiG-25.​

What does 'influence' mean? Basically, it mean anything the reader want it to be. If the reader is captured by physical similarities, then he will ASSUME that the F-15's physical structure was relatively copied from the MIG-25. If the reader is a more critical sort, the word 'influence' is meaningless.

The MIG-25 was developed in response to the XB-70 as your source stated...

It had to be able to reach the speed and altitude of American B-70 bombers,...​

If you want to remain with physical similarities, then you cannot ignore the A-5 Vigilante because the physical similarities between the A-5 and the MIG-25 is essentially overwhelming. Do you want to use the word 'influenced' here? Why not the F-15 was 'influenced' by the A-5? But of course, to suck up to Russia, it had to be the MIG-25.

When I was active duty, our squadron had a chance to attend a technical presentation of the MIG-25 that started from when Viktor Belenko defected to the West with his MIG-25. To put it bluntly, the MIG-25 was, and still is, crap. To start, there is nothing wrong with being a niche platform. The SR-71 is a niche platform. The MIG-25 was designed to try to go after the XB-70 and possibly the SR-71. Whereas, the history of the F-15 contained the F-4, F-111, A-7, and several others, basically, the question was: What the previous jets cannot do, can the F-X program do it? And if you look at the history of those other fighters, most of them are multi-role to varying degrees in employment. The F-15 was intended to be better than all of them.

You can strain the context of the word 'response' to give some needed credits to Russia, but not to me. The MIG-25 was crap, and STILL is crap.
Buddy, nowhere did I even remotely suggest the F-15 was by influenced or copied the Mig-25.

I said the US developed the F-15 to counter the Mig-25.

That's it.

You're getting into technical arguments that I never made.

You're reading too much into this.

Get off the internet and go drink some coffee, brother. You clearly need to relax.

Back
Top Bottom