What's new

US agent's lie: There is renewed demand in India for ‘Satanic Verses’

Bharat Muslim

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
This a small part of larger US conspiracy to make India and Pakistan quarrel. I am Indian and I can assure that Indians are not falling over each other to read this book which is offensive to Muslims. Like I have said before Indian media is a payee of US and gets gifts for spreading such treacherous lies. I can elaborate.

Renewed demand for ‘Satanic Verses’

Rushdie controversy increases book sale
While the uncertainty over Salman Rushdie’s participation in the Jaipur Literature Festival continues, the controversy has generated a renewed interest in his banned book Satanic Verses.

Some people have made a good business out of the controversy. Some enterprising people have downloaded the web edition of the book and then sold it to inquisitive buyers. The photocopies of the book are exchanging hands at prices ranging from Rs 250-350 and are most sought after. Curiosity has blossomed among young minds about why the book has become a raging controversy in India.

The 547 paged book published by Viking was banned in India in 1988 after a section of Muslims objected to it, terming it blasphemous.

The book had also led to a fatwa against Rushdie from Iran’s late supreme leader Ayatollah Khomeini in February 1989.

One youth said, “Thankfully the technology has come to the rescue of the people who no longer prisoners to the myopic view of the governments. How can the government and a minuscule section of the people dictate the thinking of the people?” The police claim that they are unaware of the sale of the book in any form.

“We have received no complaints or information from any quarter about the circulation of the book” said an official.

Meanwhile the Rajasthan governments’ stand that Rushdie’s participation in the festival will vitiate law and order in the state, has come under sharp criticism from human rights activists and intellectuals.

Sorry dude...i can not understand what are you basically trying to say?

Sorry dude...i can not understand what are you basically trying to say?

He is trying to say that reading a book makes India and Pakistan quote " quarrel" and that the tin foil on top of his head told him amerika is through micro waves influencing Indians to buy it.

He is trying to say that reading a book makes India and Pakistan quote " quarrel" and that the tin foil on top of his head told him amerika is through micro waves influencing Indians to buy it.

Isn't the thin foil on top of his head supposed to protect his brain from the US media microwaves in the environment? I doubt the thin foil would speak to him. I'm confused. o_0

Stop blaming the U.S. for your problems. It is your media reporting you Indians wanting to buy Satanic Verses.

The controversy always reignite the demands of these banned books.
In an interview, Salman Rushdie said he would have been more critical in this book if he has to write it again. After that, fatwa against him was issued. Issuance of fatwa made him and his book famous, which resulted it huge sale. This interview was given to a US channel.

I second that, especially after you called us 'Bhartis" in another post !!

Time for you to leave, the traffic in Karachi is terrible , no?

Back
Top Bottom