What's new

Uranium mining prospect in Bangladesh.

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Various locations in Mymensingh and Sylhet division as well as Kurigram district contain sizable Uranium diposits, specially river beds and hilly areas. Some locations contain Uranium at a rate of 9 percent per million soil parts. Commercial exploitation is viable when Uranium parts exceed 7 percent. Bangladesh govt. established an authority to mine Uranium which would be useful to run Bangladesh's under construction Nuclear power plant.

Various locations in Mymensingh and Sylhet division as well as Kurigram district contain sizable Uranium diposits, specially river beds and hilly areas. Some locations contain Uranium at a rate of 9 percent per million soil parts. Commercial exploitation is viable when Uranium parts exceed 7 percent. Bangladesh govt. established an authority to mine Uranium which would be useful to run Bangladesh's under construction Nuclear power plant.

“9 percent per million soil parts”

Who writes these nonsense!!!

You don’t mix a ratio with an absolute number!!!

When a used car salesman switches to Mining Engineering overnight.

I am surprised they didn't publish news that gold mine has been found in Bangladesh.

That may be coming as we edge closer to an election...

Also - finding ore and mineral is not the be all and end all of a situation.

There is also cost of refining to get the end product, which may be prohibitive.

Back
Top Bottom