What's new

Uranium found in Sylhet, Moulvibazar, says BAEC official

Bengal Tiger 71

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Chief scientific officer of Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission AKM Fazle Kabria said uranium of 500 ppm has been found in Sylhet and Moulvibazar areas.

He, however, said this is still at the study and research level whether this uranium will be commercially extractable or not. But internationally, uranium of 300ppm to 1000pmm is used for different purposes.
The BAEC official disclosed this while addressing a seminar on primary energy at International Convention Centre in the capital’s Bashundhara area.

Kabir said he has submitted his research documents to the BEAC, but those are yet to be submitted to the government.

He said there is a huge prospect of finding commercially extractable uranium in Bangladesh’s northeastern region, as the Indian state of Meghalaya has huge reserves of uranium which they discovered much earlier.
State minister for power and energy Nasrul Hamid, who was the chief guest at the seminar, said uranium has not only found in Sylhet region, but the ingredients of uranium were also found at Brahmaputra and Cox’s Bazar beaches and those are being researched whether they are safe for human use.

We all know many natural resources are found under water in bay of bengal & other many places but no action taken yet to uplift the resource.

State minister for power and energy Nasrul Hamid, who was the chief guest at the seminar, said uranium has not only found in Sylhet region, but the ingredients of uranium were also found at Brahmaputra and Cox’s Bazar beaches and those are being researched whether they are safe for human use.
We have been fed with this uranium discovery news since Pakistan time. So, how many centuries more the govt will take to start mining it?

Given the volatile nature of the neighborhood we live in,it may be the ultimate solution to put into use the uranium for the defence of Bangladesh from any adventurous neighboring country.We should formulate a long term plan in this direction.

Given the volatile nature of the neighborhood we live in,it may be the ultimate solution to put into use the uranium for the defence of Bangladesh from any adventurous neighboring country.We should formulate a long term plan in this direction.
Pakistan should, covertly,provid Bagladesh (Pakistan East)with nuclear ammunition without any cost.

We have been fed with this uranium discovery news since Pakistan time. So, how many centuries more the govt will take to start mining it?
We can't even mine our own gas fields and you want our govt to mine Uranium?

Anyway is this news even true?

Pakistan should, covertly,provid Bagladesh (Pakistan East)with nuclear ammunition without any cost.

Bangladesh lost the essence of the then East Pakistan. It's current leadership extremely pro Bharat and wishes the destruction of current Pakistan. Army generals also sold their imaan to wealth.

You are better of concentrating on helping out Kashmiri Muslim. They are ideologically same as Pakistani.

Bangladesh lost the essence of the then East Pakistan. It's current leadership extremely pro Bharat and wishes the destruction of current Pakistan. Army generals also sold their imaan to wealth.

You are better of concentrating on helping out Kashmiri Muslim. They are ideologically same as Pakistani.
Pewasta Reh shajer se ummeed e bahar rakh ....
Keep close to your roots and be hopeful for better times. (Allama Iqbal, ra)
The present anti Islam and fascist regime will not last forever.

Not gonna happen due to BD behavior towatds Pakistan, and we abide international law too.
Politics is not a dead body which cannot be revived.

BD is not a friendly country and at least over 90% of current BD state institution, media and "civil society" are rabidly anti-Pak and crazily neo-liberal in outlook and as such aligns closely with US and India. What you are suggesting is foolhardy. Also significant portion of the population albeit a minority are not only anti-pak but anti-muslim world in general.

Mineral mining is not as lucrative as people think they are. Even gold and dimonds mining are not proftable in many mines.

lol if you guys actually do or already did... we dont know yeah.. i mean the public. i would say this is sick (awesome)

Not gonna happen due to BD behavior towatds Pakistan, and we abide international law too.
who knows maybe we do this as part of drama... who knows? ;) after all you guys gifted us f-6 back in 90s

army gen sold thier iman to wealth? and what about you sitting in US and running your big mouth?

BD is not a friendly country and at least over 90% of current BD state institution, media and "civil society" are rabidly anti-Pak and crazily neo-liberal in outlook and as such aligns closely with US and India. What you are suggesting is foolhardy. Also significant portion of the population albeit a minority are not only anti-pak but anti-muslim world in general.
some of it is true... but we don't like india either.... its just the damn govt.

lol if you guys actually do or already did... we dont know yeah.. i mean the public. i would say this is sick (awesome)

who knows maybe we do this as part of drama... who knows? ;) after all you guys gifted us f-6 back in 90s

army gen sold thier iman to wealth? and what about you sitting in US and running your big mouth?

This is not 90s, please came out from Past, currently BD is hostile country towards Pakistan.

This is not 90s, please came out from Past, currently BD is hostile country towards Pakistan.
last time i saw something friendly goingon is 2008-2012 era... so what you say might be true... but do understand us... our people got nothing against you. yes we might be a bit bitter of the past... but most of us are willing to forgive pakistan and move on. just let the 60+ population of the country die.... young gen is totally anti india imo

last time i saw something friendly goingon is 2008-2012 era... so what you say might be true... but do understand us... our people got nothing against you. yes we might be a bit bitter of the past... but most of us are willing to forgive pakistan and move on. just let the 60+ population of the country die.... young gen is totally anti india imo

I can list down hostile actions taken by BD towards Pakistan and supporting India against Pakistan, I see hate from many BD nationals towards Pakistan on PDF too, we have more then a million Begalis in Karachi who came after 1972, BD should take them back if they can't treat 500 Thousand pro Pakistanis there who favored Pakistan in 1971.

Pakistan should stop all kinds of cooperation with BD and don't let China sell frontline stuff too, let BD be lapdog of India and west.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom